STS 2

Yes! STS2 or a different name doesn't matter. As long as we have a fantastic DVD series to work hard with resistance training, contrast training, endurance, super slow training, step, metabolic, cardio, hiit, stretch, nutrition, tabata... (everything a body needs to stay healthy and stronger).

Talk about confusing the muscles!

Janie

Last edited:
Sounds like that wouldn't be an STS program though: more like a set of 3 DVDs to work just a mesocycle 3 type program, if all you want is 4-6 reps per exercise per muscle group.

And then, isn't this done more safely at the gym? Just thoughts.

Clare

Thanks for finally unleashing your thoughts out of your chest!

The name of the series is trivial for me. I am sharing views quoted below by janie

"Yes! STS2 or a different name doesn't matter. As long as we have a fantastic DVD series to work hard with resistance training, contrast training, endurance, super slow training, step, metabolic, cardio, hiit, stretch, nutrition, tabata... (everything a body needs to stay healthy and stronger).

Talk about confusing the muscles!"

Working out at home is my "Me" time which not comparable to working out in the gym. I am not after super heavy load lifted in the gym.

I am sharing colleen views on this. This is a response of your remark posted on another thead discussing the same topic STS2:
"Eh, I hate working out at gyms and LOVE Cathe's routines and working out at home. Besides, I don't necessarily need or am asking Cathe to make squat rack heavy routines. I don't need extremely heavy loads necessarily. I'm just talking about the routines Cathe has done in the past with weights in the 15-35 lb ranges like STS Legs, Gym Style, Lower Body Blast, Lower Body Trisets, PLB, etc versus the very light (where she uses no more than 8 lbs) or body weight routines of XTrain Legs, Lean Legs and Great Glutes. Even with the former examples she alternated weighted work with unweighted but it was so much more effective for me. The last 3 are nice to have for variety but there are SOOOO many choices for that style of lower body work what with the popularity of Tonique, Tracy Anderson and all the various intermediate instructors out there and not as much to choose from with weighted work."

All post are suggestion and it's entirely up to cathe to judge the feasibility of our suggestion. The feasibility I am referring to include the safety element, i believe, already covered through the use of both squat rack and weighted vest.:cool::cool:

Hope to hear about your suggestions so we could all share our thoughts:cool::cool::D:confused::confused:,

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
Yes! STS2 or a different name doesn't matter. As long as we have a fantastic DVD series to work hard with resistance training, contrast training, endurance, super slow training, step, metabolic, cardio, hiit, stretch, nutrition, tabata... (everything a body needs to stay healthy and stronger).

Talk about confusing the muscles!

Janie

Oh I am very much in on this:D:):):)

Bring back the barbell!

I know the more recent workouts mainly use dumb-bells but I 'd love to see a return of the barbell in future workouts.

Nathalie:

"Thanks for finally unleashing your thoughts out of your chest!"

Completely unwarranted response. I often disagree with you: I have the right to state my comments. You sure enough state yours. No need to get personal and snippy.

And for the record, i have way more thoughts than this! Whatever girl......

Clare

Clare,

I will not stop interacting with lovely, knowledgeable Cathletes on this forum just to please you.;)

As to "whaterism..." I have not got time for that.

Kind Regards,

No-one asked you to stop posting. You are inventing things. Don't try and put words into my mouth, particularly things I have not said and would never say.

Also, please remember the correct use of the "pm" function. It is not to send toxic little messages to people you don't like so that no-one else has to know of your negativity. This constitutes, to my mind, an abuse of the "pm" service. I only ever use them to send encouragement or to chat with people in friendly fashion. No toxicity required, thanks. Own up to everything you have to say.

STS, as Cathe designed it, is a total body system moving from endurance through to heavy lifting. Fact. What you are asking her to make to suit your needs is basically just the third cycle again, with exclusive use of heavy weights and an even smaller rep range. That would be close to a mesocyle 3 limited set of DVDs. It would not, therefore, constitute an STS 2. As I said: if you want something so specific, and this applies to everyone who asks for something so limited and specific, go make it up yourself at the gym. After all, Nathalie, you have the means and knowledge to do so. Why wait?

That is exactly what I said to you, no more, no less. You have mis-construed it into something else.

Read more carefully in future. Try not to read into my posts more than is there simply because you do not like me, or anything I write. As I said before, I couldn't care less. Poisonous people from the past have not prevented me from participating in these forums for over 10 years. Neither will you.

Clare

No-one asked you to stop posting. You are inventing things. Don't try and put words into my mouth, particularly things I have not said and would never say.

Also, please remember the correct use of the "pm" function. It is not to send toxic little messages to people you don't like so that no-one else has to know of your negativity. This constitutes, to my mind, an abuse of the "pm" service. I only ever use them to send encouragement or to chat with people in friendly fashion. No toxicity required, thanks. Own up to everything you have to say.

STS, as Cathe designed it, is a total body system moving from endurance through to heavy lifting. Fact. What you are asking her to make to suit your needs is basically just the third cycle again, with exclusive use of heavy weights and an even smaller rep range. That would be close to a mesocyle 3 limited set of DVDs. It would not, therefore, constitute an STS 2. As I said: if you want something so specific, and this applies to everyone who asks for something so limited and specific, go make it up yourself at the gym. After all, Nathalie, you have the means and knowledge to do so. Why wait?

That is exactly what I said to you, no more, no less. You have mis-construed it into something else.

Read more carefully in future. Try not to read into my posts more than is there simply because you do not like me, or anything I write. As I said before, I couldn't care less. Poisonous people from the past have not prevented me from participating in these forums for over 10 years. Neither will you.

Clare

I think what is bothersome to some of us is that you keep telling those of us with specific requests who are asking for heavier lifting to "go to the gym". We don't want to go to the gym. We want to work out to Cathe. That is why we are on this forum. These are just suggestions that everyone is throwing out here. It is up to Cathe to decide on the feasibility of the suggestions and use them or ignore them. There is no need to make people feel foolish or wrong for suggesting what they happen to like and maybe want to see in future workouts by Cathe. In fact, I don't see the need to comment on other people's suggestions at all. Again, this is Cathe's prerogative.

I see what you are saying about weight sets that are so heavy they could only be done with 4-6 reps. This is indeed a limitation of working out at home due to the safety issues and not having a squat rack or spotter. However, for me at least, I can go far heavier than some of the recent offerings and would like to see more strength based workouts. I would like to see an STS 2 with more than just the 4-6 rep range, but I'm hoping for as heavy as possible for an at home workout. I have a 30 lb weight vest and pretty heavy dumbells, so I can go heavier than most if I want to.

I don't want to sound negative or like I'm bashing you Clare. I don't want to start anything, honest. I just want to point out why some may not have been too keen on your posts regarding this subject. :) I hope I haven't offended you. :eek:

It doesn't have to be called STS2. But it could be a new program, maybe heavy (8-10 reps) and very heavy (6-8 reps), eight week concept.

I agree with Colleen. We all have our preferences on what we would like Cathe to produce next, and we should all feel comfortable in posting our recommendations/suggestions. If you don't agree, be respectful, move on, and don't come back to the thread if it annoys you.

It doesn't have to be called STS2. But it could be a new program, maybe heavy (8-10 reps) and very heavy (6-8 reps), eight week concept.

I agree with Colleen. We all have our preferences on what we would like Cathe to produce next, and we should all feel comfortable in posting our recommendations/suggestions. If you don't agree, be respectful, move on, and don't come back to the thread if it annoys you.

STS2 based on the same concept of selecting the weight load by using the one rep max concept program either starting from endurance to strength with 4-6 reps as an add on or as separate 4-6rep strength range can still be called, IMO, STS2.

For example: Body Beast does have a separate add on set of weight training called Body Beast Tempo. This is just an example of a product which has been launched as an add on to a previous program. This is not the only one. Not everyone would agree with me on this. As swimmer has mentioned above, if my views, my training preferences and approaches annoys or irritates you, please refrain yourself from reading it.;);)
Could not agree more with you swimmer on this. There is a respectful, appropriate way to agree to disagree. Posting comments coming across as condescending by "sending me elsewhere is not nice!:rolleyes::rolleyes: It is inappropriate.
http://cathe.com/forum/f101/xtrain-cardio-leg-blast-but-upper-body-293951/

This being said, those of us who are very enthusiastic for a STS2 with a little heavier push;):):):), Let's keep our comments coming without letting negativity take away our enthusiasm. Peace everyone;)

Best Regards,

Last edited:
Would LOVE an STS 2 but with updated music like Cathe has been using lately (latest workouts and Xtrain. (To me, this music totally makes these workouts amazingly fun with NO dread factor). I really want an updated STS that is more current but that also would include cardio workouts (HIIT and maybe matabolic too)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.