Xtrain cardio leg blast but for upper body

Vkerwin

Cathlete
I am a huge fan of the xtrain cardio leg blast. I just love the format of HIIT style cardio intervals combined with heavy lower body weight work. I especially appreciate the timesaver premix as life just tries to get in the way sometimes. I would love a similar workout but for the upper body. Maybe even one for a total body weight workout too. I also love that it uses minimal equipment. You can easily do this workout with only dumbbells and a step. It is an awesome workout!

Hello,

Have you looked at Cathe's Bootcamp (original Bootcamp) dvd?
It's a full body circuit workout. It is not heavy though. It's an endurance workout.

All the best,

Here are a couple more to check out in case you haven't seen these --

Cardio and Weights; it's step intervals mixed in with Upper Body weights. I think it may be bundled with Imax2.

Step, Jump, and Pump is another one :)

Actually, I think this is a fabulous idea and one that is actually original. Cathe can throw in as many cycles as she likes: alternate HiiT intervals for the total body, cardiovascular training, but have all the weight work be either upper body focused exclusively, or be compound moves: a squat with an overhead press upon standing. No leg work on its own, but place the focus elsewhere for a change.

Like it.

Clare

Actually, I think this is a fabulous idea and one that is actually original. Cathe can throw in as many cycles as she likes: alternate HiiT intervals for the total body, cardiovascular training, but have all the weight work be either upper body focused exclusively, or be compound moves: a squat with an overhead press upon standing. No leg work on its own, but place the focus elsewhere for a change.

Like it.

Clare

I agree with this. It would be great to have a workout alternating HIIT intervals with upper body weight work. It would be like Cathe's Cardio & Weights DVD, but with HIIT style cardio. Cardio & Weights is still one of my favorites so any variation of it would be great. A plyo/upper body workout is an awesome idea.

Boxing and kick Hiit interval plus upper body

I would love a heavy bag interval/tabata workout consisting of:

For example 30/20 30 heavy bag drill, 20 fitness drill and 60 or 120 second upper body heavy weight lifting.

With the purpose of "mimicing" the upper body move before lifting heavy, this would flame the upper body really good:D:D:D. I am visualizing the swelling we could possibly get from such combination:D:D:D;)

Personally, I wouldn't want this workout to have a boxing or kickboxing flavour at all. Not a fan. There's plenty of that elsewhere.

Clare

Cardio leg blast extreme - Premix 11 for 75 minutes

Hi Everyone,

I did premix mentioned above and honestly I was glad it was over:eek::eek::eek:

Tough stuff, Great feeling now though;)
I am *not* intending to do this often. Being fit and healthy is also about keeping a balance to avoid overtraining:cool:;)!;);)

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
I love the idea of a fitness drill/boxing Tabata + upper body. I love kcm circuit burn and would love something similar from cathe. There are a lot of opprtunities for premixes when you combine like this.

I was just thinking this today, how much I love Cardio Leg Blast and how great it would be to have an upper body version of this DVD. I completed the STS series but found it challenging in that I got bored with focusing on a particular body part for an hour without any cardio, although I can clearly see that I've gotten stronger by doing the program. I love doing cardio with weights. I suppose that's called circuit training. It works so well for my hour-glass shape body. I don't like kickboxing so I could do without this in any new DVDs. I'm not a fan of straight step DVDs for the reason above, although Cathe's Intensity DVD is a favorite of mine which I do with three risers now. The step portion of this DVD really work the legs while providing a challenging cardio piece to it. In order for me to keep up my strength gained from the STS program, I now do one of Cathe's total body DVDs three times a week and doing a cardio/circuit training DVD the remaining three days. Also, I wish that a separate abs workout would be incorporated in each new workout. Once I'm done with a DVD it's difficult for me to pop in a new DVD just to get my abs done. That's what I love too about the XTrain DVD set. I can hardly wait to see what's next.

I was just thinking this today, how much I love Cardio Leg Blast and how great it would be to have an upper body version of this DVD. I completed the STS series but found it challenging in that I got bored with focusing on a particular body part for an hour without any cardio, although I can clearly see that I've gotten stronger by doing the program. I love doing cardio with weights. I suppose that's called circuit training. It works so well for my hour-glass shape body. I don't like kickboxing so I could do without this in any new DVDs. I'm not a fan of straight step DVDs for the reason above, although Cathe's Intensity DVD is a favorite of mine which I do with three risers now. The step portion of this DVD really work the legs while providing a challenging cardio piece to it. In order for me to keep up my strength gained from the STS program, I now do one of Cathe's total body DVDs three times a week and doing a cardio/circuit training DVD the remaining three days. Also, I wish that a separate abs workout would be incorporated in each new workout. Once I'm done with a DVD it's difficult for me to pop in a new DVD just to get my abs done. That's what I love too about the XTrain DVD set. I can hardly wait to see what's next.

I love cardio leg blast too. Lower body blast was made on a similar format.:):)

Interesting thread everyone, especially considering the time frame! Cathe must have been reading it too!:eek:

We are all getting our wishes: a cardio upper body blast is being filmed as part of the Ripped with HiiT series. Cathe listens!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.