STS 2: Is XTrain considered this?

mrsprincess07

Cathlete
I was curious after reading some of the posts from SNM (granted that was a few weeks ago and my memory these days is not good with pregnancy) that XTrain was an STS-like program.

My questions are:

1. Is this new system supposed to be the follow-up to STS?

2. If not, or even if so, have you considered remaking STS with a more time-crunched approach? Something that is still more indepth compared to 4DS (having the 3 mesos) but allows us to lift no more than 45 minutes per session while focusing on different cycles and growth periods?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Mrsprincess!

Great questions! Though XTRAIN is not designed to be a sequel to STS, it is still in our STS family of workouts and will use one rep max testing and have online workout cards just like STS. XTRAIN will also feature shorter workouts than most of the workouts in STS, so I think you will be pleased. While STS is based on three progressive phases of endurance, hypertrophy and strength (all performed in a linear fashion), XTRAIN is undulating (non-linear), in which you mix each workout up by varying weight loads, rep patterns, exercises, training techniques, etc. There is a new pattern each and every workout which makes the body work harder to adapt therefore keeping your results maximized.

XTRAIN will feature shorter workouts than STS (exact times not yet known), incorporate much more functional fitness training, feature a ton of add on's such as burn sets, 100 rep bonus workouts, and our abundant premixes.

So in a nutshell, STS is a 3 level fitness system that stays more systematic and linear in it's training approach. It's a great effective program and one that will stand the test of time due to its traditional principles of hard core, focused lifting. XTRAIN is an undulating program which changes every workout to bring new and progressive results. Its an advanced program that will keep every fit individual working at their peak performance. It ignites endurance and strength through functional fitness, variety and change verses through traditional lifting.

I think both programs complement one another perfectly and provide excellent cross training benefits. I think XTRAIN is actually more effective than offering an STS sequel and soon you'll see for yourself

I was curious after reading some of the posts from SNM (granted that was a few weeks ago and my memory these days is not good with pregnancy) that XTrain was an STS-like program.

My questions are:

1. Is this new system supposed to be the follow-up to STS?

2. If not, or even if so, have you considered remaking STS with a more time-crunched approach? Something that is still more indepth compared to 4DS (having the 3 mesos) but allows us to lift no more than 45 minutes per session while focusing on different cycles and growth periods?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear this information Cathe! Hope development is coming along well and has been fun...looking forward to the finished product! :).

Thank you for responding and taking the time! Functional Fitness is a big deal to me these days so I know that in the end, XTrain for me, will be where it's at based on your information. I am at a point now where I have to train differently (so does hubby) for a plethora of joint issues between us. Traditional strength workouts aren't giving us what we really need and I'm more excited than ever to get this series and get started! Soon to be a New Momma, the shorter complete workouts will fit into my schedule much better too.

Again, thank you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.