Stretch Max review

How do you ladies feel about the stretch max program? Is it worth it, or is doing the stretch at the end of any of the other workouts adequate? thanks for your thoughts!

I don't know, runningmom.
Personally, I wouldn't purchase it. I did it once on Discovery Channel, I felt very streched out after doing it, but I was really disappointed that I did not sweat at all. I'd say if you do yoga, which works on your flexibility like stretch max, works on your muscle strength, and tones, then you don't need stretch max.

Hope it helps;)

I didn't keep stretch max. I actually prefer the stretches at the end of Cathe's workouts. I didn't think the moves were held long enough in general for a workout that could improve flexibility, and there were some moves that I found had your muscles working isometrically while stretching (like leaniing forward with no back support while doing a warrior-like pose, which puts the lower back in an isometric contraction to hold the upper body in place, rather than relaxing the body).

And it may seem trivial to some, but I absolutely didn't like the color of the outfits they were wearing or the music.

As for sweating: I don't really look to stretch workouts to work up a sweat.

I have it and I'm pretty lukewarm about it. When I'm looking for a longer stretch, I usually find myself reaching for one of my yoga DVD's or X Stretch.

I have it and did it. I like the music. I also did most of Cathe's stretch came with her dvds. I might keep it for a while, eventually I will give away since all Cathe's stretch is not long enough, especially for me. I read several articles about stretch. It said that each move should last at least 20 second. Less than 20 second, there will not have enough impact to your muscles, longer than 20 second, you just waste time because the effects on 2 min is the same as 20 second stretch.

I just went to see my physical therapist. She also emphazied that I should do each stretch at least 20 second. She said I have very tight muscles in my quads, hamstrings and calves, which shifted my knee caps position, which caused my pain.

I just bought P90X from e-bay. I heard many people mentioned good things about Yoga X in that package. I will give it a try. Could anyone give me some inside of Stretch X in that package?

Thanks

WantFit

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ddw98/my_photos

>I just bought P90X from e-bay. I heard many people mentioned
>good things about Yoga X in that package. I will give it a
>try. Could anyone give me some inside of Stretch X in that
>package?
>

Stretch X is great! It starts with a few sun salutations as a warm-up, then goes through various segments of stretches. There is a neck and shoulder segment, that includes some dynamic ROM work (Tony calls it "ballistic" stretching, but that's a misnomer). A hamstring and lower body segment. Some floor work. (I haven't done it for a while, so the sequence is a bit fuzzy). There are a couple of very advanced stretches, like a "frog stretch" that I think are too much, but I just substitute something.

Very thorough and stretches seem held long enough to me.

Hi runningmom,

I was neutral on this workout when it first came out. I think Cathe provides good enough stretches at the end of her individual workouts. Lately, I have been needing a lot more stretching and I have been using Stretch Max pretty regularly along with other stretch workouts. I have found that I really enjoy these 20 minute workouts. They are just the right amount of time. Not too long to tack on to another workout. If I did Yoga regularly, I don't think they would do enough but since I only do Yoga infrequently, SM is just right for me. I didn't understand why you would want a stretching workout to make you sweat. But no I don't sweat with SM.

I liked Stretch X (good amount of stretching) and Yoga X (I didn't think Tony should have led this workout) but they are way too long for me to fit in my schedule of workouts. They are chaptered but there is no chapter menu screen. I hate having to skip forward to shorten the workouts. So, since they are a pain for me to shorten, I just avoid them.

I got longwinded but my likes or dislikes may help you.

jordan

ETA- sorry it was meow who commented on sweating.

I agree with Stretch Max not being long enough, or the stretches held long enough, but I have been using it as a stretch after running. It's a nice way to just relax when I'm done!

Stretch Max to me is just simple, easy stretching. I do pure Yoga (60-90 minutes in one session) when I need something more intense. There really isn't any groundbreaking new kinds of stretches in Stretch Max, pretty much the basics. It's not intended to be a workout where you sweat. It's great to use as an extended stretch, longer than what Cathe offers after a regular workout. The 20 minute length is good for that. I think the music selection is fine, as well.

I got my P90X last night. I tried Stretch X. I really like it. Nothing is groundbreaking. However, it suits my need. Each stretch lasts longer than Cathe's Stretch Max. Yes, it is kind of long, almost an hour. But due to my knees problem, I intented to add such long session every night now to give my muscle a really good stretch to prepare for the next early morning intense Cathe's weight and cardio workout.

WantFit

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ddw98/my_photos

I like it. I especially like the stability ball stretch...it just feels really good. I like that Cathe doesn't talk a lot in this one b/c we're stretching and it is sooo relaxing. Excess talking/instruction in a stretch workout would bother me so I enjoy this a lot!!!
Angela:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.