Strength training styles. . push/pull, supersets, etc.

justformomma

Cathe,

Well, you finally have me in a 6 week habit. . . thanks!!

I have been doing the following:

Cardio/Elliptical, 5-6 days a week
Doing Gym Style upper body workouts on 2 day splits plus lower body
Doing Muscle Max 1 day week.
Doing Pilates/1 day week

Would you please explain the difference between push/pull, supersets, all body workout lifting syles. I understand that I will be changing the routines(i.e., types of exercise for each muscle group) every 4 to 6 weeks and that's fine. But I don't understand if I have to change the type of lifting style. I read about Pyramids, Muscle Endurance, etc. and honestly, the more I read, the more I get confused.

I actually have put myself first for a change . . just sent the oldest child off to college and it seems like I have more time. . . not having all his laundry helps. I would just like to keep this habit growing and going strong. Thanks for all you do!

Christy

I am not cathe but here is what i do.
I do 1-week pyramids
1-week gym style
1-week slow and heavy
1-week an older one pure strength.
Thay all have different type exercises.
I am getting better results.
I throw cardio in every other day or so.
I am sooooo sore today it is not even funny.
I think it confuses your muscles so they don't get used to the same type of exercise.
Depends on the results you want.
Good luck.
Anne

RE: Strength training styles. . push/pull, supersets, e...

Christy, thank you I am not the only one who gets confused with so many different types of workouts regarding all the different wieght workouts, so many options. I have all the PS, GS, ME, MIS, PH, PLB and PUB, but I don't have SS or the Push Pull, I am curious what do they have offer that is different than what I have and if I need them, of course any excuse to buy more cathe is great!!! I hope Cathe see this and give us some insight!

Thank you in advance

Jennifer :) :) :)

Bumping, I would really love a explanation of the differences of the weight workouts, thanks! Bumping again

Since Cathe has no doubt seen this thread (and the others), maybe asking this question in one of the other forums would get more of a response.

I have thought about it, but this is the Ask Cathe forum, and it is a question pertaing to her workout videos, it is not off the subject, and i would really appreciate her answer, it would be so helpful.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.