step only imax 3 segments hi or lo?

xxx_dana_xxx

Cathlete
real quick q for you fitness supergeniuses here

:)

if i only do the step portions of imax 3 would it be 31 minutes of hi impact step aerobics or low? need to know for the websites that tell you how many calories you burn, too po' from buying cathe dvds to buy a HRM!

thanks for any help

dana:7

Hi, although there are some high impact moves in the step only segments this is not really high impact. If you are trying to figure this out for estimating your calorie burn, this comes out as a mid intensity workout ( I only burn 130-140 calories for this premix) according to my HRM unless of course you add the intervals.

Yes! That us what I found out when I got my HRM..I was overestimating my calorie burn based on web site estimates. The number I gave above is what I burn using a 6 inch step and that premix and the calorie burn is based on my height and weight (5"7" 131 lbs). I only burn about 350 doing all of IMAX3. I burn more with the circuit workouts but IMAXes are important for cardiovascular fitness. There was another poster who posted that she burns in my range for all of IMAX3 but burns more for LOWMAX, presumably becuase the step segments are more intense and the blasts while not high impact are high intensity. You can get cheap HRMs these days. Its a wise investment.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.