step and abs

margweeks

Dear Cathe,
I have never done one of your videos but since you have rave reviews on video forum I thought I'd check your videos out. I'm relatively new to exercising at home as I've always been motivated by intructors in a club setting. Would like an intermediate step workout combined with floor work to strengthen abs and back like you would get if you were going to an exercise class at the gym. Have been doing step off and on for 8+ years but like to keep on one riser to avoid injury and still get good workout. Don't like a lot of extra props (bands,bars,weights etc.) if don't need them. Like warm up and cool down and fun music. Would like 1-1 1/2hr tape or combo of 2 tapes.
Any suggestions for starters?
Thanks, Margaret

Hi, I'm not Cathe (obviously), but from your post it seems like Cathe's Get In Shape for Wedding is just what you're looking for. The tape is approximately 90 minutes with the first half being intense step, but with easy to learn choreography; the second half is a strength workout using dumbells and some floor work. It also includes an ab section. For a faster paced, even more intense workout I'd also check out Body Max which consists of about 25 minutes of fast-paced step, then 20 minutes of circuits/intervals consisting of a short step sequence followed by a short plyometric or intense step section and then some isolation work for legs, ie. squats, lunges. You then do an endurance oriented strength routine for upper body with dumbells and a barbell and abs (you can do this portion just with dumbells though).

Hope this helps,

Stacy

Hope this help

Step Heat is also a pretty good older Cathe workout. I like her newer tapes more, but they are all great. Step Heat has an abs section at the end which is pretty tough because she goes at a slower pace and concentrates on every contraction. My favorite step tape is Interval Max which is an interval tape, and really, really, really, tough. It has no abs section on the end, but I really like the music on Interval Max, although it is a little quiet. But my favorite Cathe step tape is Powermax. If you have a DVD player, get Cardio Hits DVD. This has three great Cathe step workouts plus an awsome abs section from her Pure Strength series. It's probably exactly what you would want.

Thanks for the insite. It's great to be able to ask the experts in an open forum like this! Cathe obviously has a very devoted following. It has made me very excited about ordering her tapes. Body Max and Step Heat keep coming up so I'm sure I'll get these. It looks like a Dvd player may be in order for a Christmas wish!
I appreciate all the advice.
Margaret

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.