Started STS today. Second Time!

skatch

Cathlete
So today I started my second attempt at STS. I could only do the push ups from my knees on most of them. I can do about 8 full body standard and then I have to drop to my knees.

Only two exercises I couldn't complete the reps: Wide Grip Barbell curls, I couldn't finish the full reps. Seated overhead press, I only got 12 out of 15.

All in all, I feel like my chest and arms are tired so that must be a good thing.

Hey Skatch,
I happened to start Meso1 yesterday as well. I'm right with you on the push-ups, each time I go through STS I can do a little more than the last time but most are on my knees. Honestly I did skip the boot-camp style push-ups this time. :eek:

My first round of STS I must of figured my 1 rep max wrong because I was sore for 2-3 days after. This time I am lightening up a little on my weights. I am going at my own pace and doing what I can so I can enjoy it, and hopefully have energy for alternating the new workouts in-between!

Hope it goes better for you the second time around! Would like to hear updates!

GA mom

Good to hear I'm not the only one struggling with pushups! I finished my first week! My legs are sore today. I quite liked the leg bonus exercises. I was quite surprised at my balance during that warm up exercise where you stand on one leg and touch the floor, not as hard as it looks. Excited for week 2!

Ended up a little behind but just finished week 1. Meso 1 definitely raises my heart rate more than any Meso.. especially on the leg workouts! I am looking forward to week 2 as well!

Are you doing any workouts in between STS days? I am adding a little HIIT, LIS and would like to try the new video's (pending on energy). My problem area are my Abs so If you happen to have any suggestions I'm all ears!

Loving STS!!!!!

Today I am starting STS for the second time. I did do some cardio this am already. I like getting cardio in everyday even if it is ten minutes only. Nothing too hard unless it really is a full out cardio day.
I am hoping I can do those standard push-ups. I am so upper body weak. Well, I really hope we can finish this together. Anyone doing the 5.5 month rotation? And eating extra clean?

Veronika

I am only doing the 3.5 month program. I am trying to clean up my diet, I'm eating more vegetables for snacks.

I was sore for 2 days after that leg day. Probably doesn't help that I went for a 5.5km run the next day. I need to add more stretch to my routines. I think I have a lot of things pulling on other areas of my body. Hamstrings, Hips, glutes, abs, back...its all related

I am doing cardio in between days, like running, HIIT, step. Hoping to get some spin in this week. Today I did the step portion in Intensity and the low impact HIIT. I also am adding abs/core to my cardio days. Last week I worked out 6 days!

Yesterday I started week 2, chest, shoulders, biceps. I was able to complete the first 14 push ups from my toes, the next set was 12 and I only got half way before dropping to my knees. I think I'm getting a little better at it.

I am actually scared to do leg day for that reason. I don't want to feel so sore That I can't walk for three days. So,after reading your post I am going to do a leg workout with real light weights. This way, I will be sore from the moves and maybe not get as sore after doing leg day. What do you think? I am already upper body sore from doing the pushups and an ab workout yesterday.

Hello,
I sure do wish I would of read this thread before I had done my STS leg workout on Monday and heeded some previous advice... I was so excited to get the new video's I thought I would do a small portion of Knockout Workout on the same day, not a great idea. It was so much fun I ended up doing most of it except for the heavy bag. So needless to say I was more than a little sore yesterday:eek:

I agree with you Skatch about the stretching. I'm glad you mentioned it as I seem to just want to skip over any type of cool down... need to make sure I incorporate that too.

Hey Veronika; I am doing the 3.5 month program and not eating as clean as I should. I do substitute some meals with protein drinks and try to limit processed foods. Would love to hear how the 5.5 month program goes for you as I may attempt it later on.

Good news is Week 2 is done! I just keep thinking that I am half way done Meso 1! Bad news,today I broke my medium tension (green) band! I just finished the leg workout and the last exercise on the bonus section broke my band.:( I found this workout challenging, my heart rate was up during many of the exercises and I was getting a good sweat on!

Two exercises I can't do: one leg sit and stands...for some reason it is impossible for me to do this on my left side. I just can't!
AND the wall squat with the leg extension...just awkward doesn't feel right, I think I come up way to much to extend my one leg.

How did you guys survive legs??

I'm finished STS for the second time! Well....kinda....this is my last week and I've come down with a nasty cold. So I got the first workout of week 4 in, but that's it. Such a downer that I got all this way and I don't have the energy/health to complete the last plyo legs and shoulders/biceps/triceps. I wonder if a week or so off will weaken my strength gains. I did the Chest/Back on Monday, and I did feel like I gained 5%.

I have to say that Meso 3 seems way longer than the other mesocycles. The workouts are a bit longer and doing the same upper body exercises for 4 weeks straight with long rests in between exercises makes it seem really long.

Hi, I'm in my #32 DVD and I don't know if after that to continue with squat rack or go down like piramyd or continue with Gym style, how about you?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.