Star Trek Reviews

elsie3

Cathlete
The recent Star Trek Movie post really intrigued me. I had zero interest before that--tired of being disappointed. I'm hearing great reviews on the radio today. Anyone care to share their opinions?

Absolutely fantastic! I admit up front to being a die-hard Trekkie! I didn't have high hopes for it, but saw it this weekend and was impressed. Even the little things that went off track from the original series were livable. It make a difference having JJ Abrams, JR Orci & Co. working this film as they put nothing but quality product out all the time! Just check out Fringe!

I would say, definitely go see it!

Live long and prosper!

I liked it! Some of the things they did with the Trek timeline made my brain hurt :eek:, but I don't want to say too much and give anything away. It was very well made, and the acting was excellent. I also have to give them credit for carving out a new Star Trek niche out of a franchise that seemed to be fizzling out. There were some cute little jokes and nods for the trekkers, but you didn't have to be one to enjoy it.

I highly recommend it!

It totally ruled. Go see it. I saw it last night at the iMax theater and my head almost exploded.

Lisa

I was dragged to the first showing here on Thursday. I really didn't want to go but went to make DH happy. We got there almost 2 hours early there were about 50th in line. In spite of all that I really enjoyed it! I am not a big Star Trek fan but have seen most of the original series. I've seen a few of the other films and did not like them very much. This one is good and is definitely worth seeing. My favorite character was the new Scotty.

I'm not a trekkie at all, but I totally loved it! The writing is quite fabulous. I found the whole thing so entertaining and I was super tired when I went. LOVED it!!! This is the first movie I've been to in a LONG time as I get tired of spending big bucks on bleh movies.

I loved it! Thought the entire movie was a lot of fun - good humor throughout and interesting enough plot. There can be no complaints either about things not matching up with the original because it's not supposed to. I will say no more for those who haven't seen it yet since it would give away the entire plot to explain. My favorite character was "Bones". I thought he was spot on!

LOVED IT!!!! It was my Mothers' Day present - I HAD to see it opening weekend and the only time we could make it was the 10:30 PM show. My kids were troopers and went with DH and me.

We all thought it was great!

Random thoughts:

I loved the background stories and all of the characters were so fun. Chekov's accent was hilarious. Loved Uhura and Spock.

The special effects!!!! WOW!

I didn't know Eric Bana could ever look ugly.

I thought Wynona Ryder was totally miscast.

The actor who played Bones was so funny, but I didn't like how un-hot he looked. He was SO hot as Eomer (sp?) in "Lord of the Rings".

Saw it yesterday .. WOW .. I loved it .. and was surprised it was so funny!!! Very well written .. and the actors were PERFECT .. it had it all action, suspense, nostalgia, comedy, and special effects .. it totally rocked!!!:D

Not a star trek fan but I really enjoyed the movie. Great special effects and it was funny too. I cannot remember who bones was though. I have a hard time with the names.
chrissy

We used to be excited about Fridays when I was a kid because Star Trek was on - our Black & White TV ! I saw the movie yesterday and really enjoyed it. I think it was well done and true to the original series. Big Ups to the screen play writer, the director and all the actors.

Even though I have not been a fan of the original Star Trek TV series, (I watched it once in a while), I loved this movie! It actually made me want to go back and watch the old reruns.

I hope to see this movie again and I look forward to the next installment.

Cathy

Loved it. There were die-hard Trekkie's in the theatre and I found their responses during the movie, hilarious. Go see it.

Sarah

Oh my. Just saw this movie this morning. So LOVED it. You have to see it. I grew up watching Star Trek but I think even non trekies would love it. Had to bump this post. I wanted to thank everyone for their reviews. Can't wait till this comes out on DVD.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.