Squeeze - first impression

L Sass

Cathlete
Ok, I too caved to the reviews and ordered Squeeze with Tracy E. I have (and love) Fluidity and the Lotte Berks. Just tried Squeeze this morning - did the full body and the pretzel as an add-on.

I think I am going to LOVE this. I've never done a workout like this. I never dreamed that my 3 pound weights could feel that heavy on arm work or that my legs could quiver with no weights. And for ball work I used my Fluidity ball - not even a med ball.

But for those of you who already have this, how do you envision incorporating into your current routine? As add-ons, substitutions, what? I think this was a good investment for me.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

okay i can't take it anymore this video is so mine when my b-day rolls around LOL.

i like bar method and callanetics. i haven't tried lotte berk but i figures that if burr leonard trained with lotte then the workouts were similar.i don't get much out of my abs in the way of results but man do my legs see the results. if i start running again this summer then i am going to need workouts that are good on the lower body but without all those squats and lunges since i have to be sensitive to the knees.

thanks for your post, i have been enjoying reading the comments on this video.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

060104_10010099873.gif

I just did Squeeze for the first time yesterday. I'll be using it more as an add-on for lower body. I really enjoyed the ab section, thought it was quite tough. So far I've only done the Full body workout. I used 3 lb dumbells for arms and even though they felt fried and I had to put my weights down for a few reps, I am not sore today in the upper body at all even after then trimming 10 tall hedges in my yard. I think my arms felt more fatigued during the workout b/c alot of the upper body work has your arms in a shoulder height position so it's more isometric work for your shoulders. Just my opinion. I thought the standing leg work was good, but a bit too short. The leg work where you put your feet on the wall was awesome. I'm going to check out some of the leg work in the Power squeeze segment today. Overall I think this dvd is worth it just for the ab work and the new twists on lower body floor work.

I'll add that I have sensitive knees and this didnt bother my knees at all, even the standing leg work wasnt a problem. I have some Bar Method and a few Pilates workouts and never reach for them b/c they bore me to tears. I enjoy Cathe's or KV's floor work to TBM and Pilates, and this had more of an athletic feel to it which I liked.

I received my Squeeze DVD a couple of weeks ago and have been obsessed ever since. I am just finishing up P90X today, so I have been using it mainly as an add-on. Have done Power Squeeze and my own mish-moshes. Good stuff! Agree that the ab work and leg work against the wall are favorites. I also like the "L" stretch - yowzas! I agree, too, that this does have an athletic feel to it. I hope Tracey releases more workouts soon!

Cathy :)

Please email Tracey and let her know that you liked it and would like to see more. She's very nice and a bunch of us from VF have been telling her how much we like it and letting her know we want more and more challenging stuff too. She's very responsive.

Can someone please give me the URL for the Squeeze DVD?

I know this was posted previously, but I have in the interim lost the URL.

It sounds like a great workout and it is nice to know that the instructor is very responsive.

Personally, the more responsive the instructor is to emails, etc., the more likely I am to purchase again.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Please keep posting your reviews and impressions of this workout, I did check it out on Collage and I'm curious about it. You all have helped me decide on some Cathe DVDs so your opinions matter to me.

TIA.

These type workouts always give me monster DOMS, more so than traditional leg work. Plus, I get better results. The key is to stick with it, which I have a hard time doing because I'm always switching things up. I'm glad someone finally put out an advance version of barre work. I hope she continues the trend.

>Can someone please give me the URL for the Squeeze DVD?
>
>I know this was posted previously, but I have in the interim
>lost the URL.
>
>It sounds like a great workout and it is nice to know that the
>instructor is very responsive.
>
>Personally, the more responsive the instructor is to emails,
>etc., the more likely I am to purchase again.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>:)

www.squeezebytracy.com -- Collage also carries it.

A medball is not the suggested ball for this workout. If you notice on Tracey's site, she recommends a "Rubber “playground” ball (10-inch)."

Diane

Lorrie, thanks so much for posting. And thanks to everyone else too. I'm giving this one some serious consideration.

I tried the hour workout yesterday. I liked it. [No soreness at all today] The leg and glute work could be longer. It's a good add on for days when you don't want to jump around. I really like that aspect A LOT. Overall it's a good workout. Hope the next one is a bit tougher/longer.

Thanks for posting !!

I think I am going to purchase this week. I am also eyeing up, Barry's Bootcamp!
Had to list some DVD's on Ebay that I don't use too much anymore....$ is really tight, but I really want this DVD :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

1007_10008384356.gif

www.picturetrail.com/Fitness-momx2

I've been eyeing BBC too! Just wondering how it is on the knees, plus I dont have a treadmill, but may be getting one soon. Decisions, decisions.

>I tried the hour workout yesterday. I liked it. The leg and glute work could be longer.

Add the fold over planks from the custom menu. They're pretty tough!

Diane

Thanks for all the information. I have been thinking about this w/o all morning and then I come on here and you are all talking about it! I am a big Cathe fan so if you guys like I am sure it is worth it. Guess I will be ordering it this week.

It said on Collage Video that a medicine ball could be used but I think I would prefer something softer myself.

Darlene

I just got this one and did it for the first time yesturday, I did the full body squeeze. It was very fun, no DOMS though, I would probably do it as an add on or as a light day. I think it was worth the $, I love it.

For those of you who'd like to email Tracy -- please do so at [email protected]

Let her know we want advanced, tough stuff and let her know what you think of the workout!! I"m sure she'd be happy to hear it.

Lorajc is right! I did e-mail Tracy thanking her for this great workout and she was very sweet in a reply e-mail. Quite personable. I'm looking forward to other w/os from her. Oh - and Adina - I also didn't have DOMS after this. I did it Saturday morning and yesterday a.m - no soreness. BUT OHHHHHHHH last night did it set in! Mostly in my core and lats - thinking it's from the waist moves. Very nice.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

Okay, I caved!
This morning I ordered Squeeze AND Barry's Boot Camp!
Can't wait to get them!
I wonder if we can get someone to make a rotation using both of those and Cathe? (and maybe some iTreads & CC's ??)
I wish I were good at that, but unfortunately.....not so.

050208_10008324294.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.