Squat Rack / Leg Press

goldenpath

Cathlete
Cathe,

I would just like to clarify something. You said “One DVD will be the actual scripted workout for those who don’t own a squat rack and the other will be a premix with specially filmed footage utilizing a squat rack.” I do not have a squat rack but I do have a Leg Press. Will I be able to use the leg press instead of the squat rack?

Thanks

Debbie

Debbie,

I have read that both are multi-joint exercises for the lower body so they are similar.

Squats work out more muscle groups (for instance back).

Leg press machine isolates the legs and removes the factor of balance needed in a squat, and allows you to push the leg muscles only.

Some gym routines prescribe using them together on the same day (treating them as complementary) and some let you choose between them for any given day (as if they were substitutes).

My question keeps ending up near the bottom. I have not ordered the STS system yet because I would like to hear the answer to my question first. I know you are really busy and sorry to be a bug.

Debbie

You can always substitute any exercise for another, but it will not necessarily be the same. There are hundreds of different types of leg presses on the market. Some are designed to be similar to a squat, but most primarily work the Upper Leg muscles and very little glutes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.