Spirulina, does anyone here use it?

Poffhager

Cathlete
I bought some 400 mg tablets and it says to take 3 t0 6 tabs daily with or without meals. Just wondering if anyone has experience with spirulina. I would love to hear your opinions. Thanks in advance!

BUY Spirulina Crunch...... it's AWESOME... you can use meghan5 to get 5% off... but I eat it everyday for a snack... some of my clients put it in smoothies etc.... it has SOOOO many benefits if you get good quality stuff......
I know the owner, she is a sweetheart and I promise you will love it!

I use it's supplement cousin Chlorella from time to time. I use it to supplement amino acids since I am vegetarian. All the sea vegetables and kelps are excellent amino acid and mineral supplementation. I think that's part of the reason for longevity in Japan - fermented soy/miso, healthy starch with every meal and kelps.

What is your reason for starting it Poffhager? I think that would determine frequency and amount of dose etc. Spirulina is rich in iodine, so if you are taking it in quite large amounts and have had any issues regarding iodine-hyperthyroid, gout etc., just clear it with your doctor first. :)

Last edited:
I became a Certified Food and Spirit Practitioner this past year. It's a course taught by Dr. Deanna Minich. I love this woman! I'm currently in a 21-Day Detox program with her and Spirulina is something that she recommends. I've been taking it since April. I order the large bottle of tablets from Costco, but here is a link to the company's website.

This is a post from our Detox Group on BLUE-GREEN FOODS:

As I mentioned in a previous TRUTH post, I associate the neck/throat area with being the "birth canal" of our heart's wishes and dreams. The color green of the heart and the color indigo of our mind come together in full expression and birth through the blue-green glory of the throat/TRUTH.

There aren't many "blue-green" foods; we typically talk about sea plants, which are a rich sources of many phytonutrients. One of my absolute favorite blue-green sources of nourishment is spirulina, or blue-green algae.

Very nourishing, high in a complex array of fatty acids, minerals, and replenishing for the blood when we feel depleted. You can take it as tablets or powder. I like to sometimes add a little of the powder to my water, but be forewarned that it tastes...well, kind of grassy/fishy. I usually default to the tablets. Even my cat, Simon, will chew them. Great for keeping the breath fresh!

My favorite brand is Pure Hawaiian. Do not try just any spirulina - it is easily contaminated with microorganisms.

O/T ~ Elsie, how did you tag the OP in your post? I had no idea that could be done! Cool!

O/T ~ Elsie, how did you tag the OP in your post? I had no idea that could be done! Cool!
I honestly didn't realize that I did that. It was purely by accident. lol. The only thing I know how to tag is when I am posting as the Original Poster.
(Now that I have done some digging, I think by copying and pasting the OP's name on the bottom of their message, it tags the OP! Well, how about that.)

I honestly didn't realize that I did that. It was purely by accident. lol. The only thing I know how to tag is when I am posting as the Original Poster.
(Now that I have done some digging, I think by copying and pasting the OP's name on the bottom of their message, it tags the OP! Well, how about that.)
Cool! Thanks! :)

Very nourishing, high in a complex array of fatty acids, minerals, and replenishing for the blood when we feel depleted. You can take it as tablets or powder. I like to sometimes add a little of the powder to my water, but be forewarned that it tastes...well, kind of grassy/fishy. I usually default to the tablets. Even my cat, Simon, will chew them. Great for keeping the breath fresh!

@complik8td

LOL cat chewing.... haha:D

I have considered adding spirulina but I am holding on at this point. I do not think I can stand the fishy taste.
I do consume fish though----
Carol is there any other supplement I can substitute to spirulina?

@complik8td

LOL cat chewing.... haha:D

I have considered adding spirulina but I am holding on at this point. I do not think I can stand the fishy taste.
I do consume fish though----
Carol is there any other supplement I can substitute to spirulina?
Nathalie, fish consumption and spirulina are not the same thing. I don't believe there is a substitute for spirulina, but I can tell you that the tablets do not contain any fishy aftertaste whatsoever.

Nathalie, fish consumption and spirulina are not the same thing. I don't believe there is a substitute for spirulina, but I can tell you that the tablets do not contain any fishy aftertaste whatsoever.

Thanks Carol for your reply. I do take some supplements and I am trying not to add too many.
I believe excessive supplements and vitamin could cause harm. Two days ago I watched a program discussing
a new trend of excessive supplements consumption. So I am just trying to figure out the benefit I could actually gain
from spirulina.
Phytonutrients is what I need to add at this point.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.