Spinning DVD ??

I also posted in the Ask Cathe forum. Just wondering if any of the educated crowd might have an answer so I can decide whether or not or pre-order the deluxe package with spinning dvd.

I don't have a spin bike but I do have a road bike. I am looking into getting a stationary trainer to be able to train indoors. Would my bike on a trainer be as effective or comparable to a spin bike when using the new spinning dvd or do I need a spin bike?

Thanks,

Hi Carolyn,

I have a spin bike and i also use my racing bike on a trainer. If you use your road bike trainer, you should be able to do the spinning workout without problems.

Last edited:
Elliptical question

So I have a dumb question.. I don't have a spin bike and have always wanted to but never taken a spin class, I think I'm going to preorder and get the spin workout no matter what but do you think I could do it on my elliptical? I'm sure it wouldn't be the same but would it be an option? I'm definatley interested in the spin download becuase I figured whenever I'm traveling or at a gym I could use it with the spin bikes. Is it totally ridiculous to think I can use the spin dvd at home on my elliptical? Thanks!

Hi Nicole! Great question as I know people many times use audio downloads interchangeably. But since this is an actual video workout, this workout will only work with a spin bike. Mainly because at times I will do things like seated jumps and you certainly don't want to jump on the elliptical and there really isn't a substitute move on the elliptical unit that simulates cycle jumps :eek:

I hope this helps :)

Well Nicole, if it was meeee, I'd still want the spin DVD cuz I have to have every Cathe workout! Ha! Maybe when she does something like the jumps, you could do something diff like pedaling backwards or sprinting fast or just whatever you would like to sub for jumps. Just an idea. I can't wait since my spin bike needs some miles put on it. It's been pretty lonely lately. A Cathe spin DVD is just what I need!

I don't have a spin bike but I do have a road bike. I am looking into getting a stationary trainer to be able to train indoors. Would my bike on a trainer be as effective or comparable to a spin bike when using the new spinning dvd or do I need a spin bike?

Thanks,

I have a Kurt Kinetic Rock N Roll Pro, which I actually prefer to a spin bike. I find being seated on my road bike which was fit to my body, in my shoes, etc., more comfortable and familiar to me. This trainer has a natural rocking motion in the rear along with front wheel movement on the turntable. It feels like being out on the road with zero *butt* fatigue. But this is just my preference.

Well Nicole, if it was meeee, I'd still want the spin DVD cuz I have to have every Cathe workout! Ha!

Debbie...you crack me up! :D

DirtDiva said:
I have a Kurt Kinetic Rock N Roll Pro, which I actually prefer to a spin bike. I find being seated on my road bike which was fit to my body, in my shoes, etc., more comfortable and familiar to me. This trainer has a natural rocking motion in the rear along with front wheel movement on the turntable. It feels like being out on the road with zero *butt* fatigue. But this is just my preference.

Debbie...you crack me up! :D

But, don't you totally agree? Admit you do!!!! :D

Thanks for replying Cathe and everyone. Cathe you've peaked my interest with seated jumps!! I'm defniately getting the dvd... like Debbie, I have to have everything Cathe comes out with. I will watch and substitute as best as I can like Debbie suggested and then I might have to break down and get a spin bike.. or research my options to use my outdoor bike! Thanks again for the info. I'm very excited to preorder and hear more about the new workouts!

Great Nicole! Maybe you can find a good deal on a spin bike on Craigslist or at a garage sale! NOW, WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT ON OUR SPIN DVD!!!! I know it'll be worth the wait!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.