Speaking of pretty note cards

nurse34

Cathlete
With the hustle and bustle of the day, and the many people that you know in your life. What is the correct way to use note cards? Who do you give them too? What is the proper occasion? I would like to do this for certain people but can never find the time or the stamps!!
Lisa

I send them as thank you notes if someone does something nice for me or my kids. I also send them to the host after a party or a dinner.

I imagine you can use them for anything though! Getting a hand written note in the mail is a treat. :)

Lisa, I have NO IDEA on the etiquette of it all, but I just started making my own cards. I've had a really hard time parting with quite a few, as I'm trying my hand at all kinds of card designs, varieties, sizes, etc. However, just last week I finally set a personal goal of sending out 10 cards per month with a hand-written note on them...and not for any special occasion, JUST BECAUSE! I'd love to get an unexpected note from a friend, so I figured it would be nice to do this. I say JUST DO IT...JUST BECAUSE!

Gayle

Thanks for the feedback. I may have to start doing what you are doing Gayle, there is nothing better than recieving a little kind note from someone unexpected. Thanks again.
Lisa

there is nothing better than recieving a little kind note from someone unexpected. Thanks again.
Lisa

That is so true. I love them for everything, especially a "thinking of you" note when someone is faced with a difficult time.

I mostly use the note cards for "thank yous" and I send my parents and in-laws updated pictures of our DDs in note cards "just because". I also keep plain cards and envelopes (the kind you can print on your computer) and my girls always draw their own special picture and make personalized birthday cards for the endless childrens' birthday parties we attend. The birthday boy/girl always seems to appreciate a homemade card. My DDs also handwrite thank you notes for their birthday gifts or any gift or nice gesture someone has done for them. I started this habit early (like at 2 yrs old - even if it is just a scribble) so they can at least put the same amount of time/effort into a thank you as someone did in choosing them a gift :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.