South beach vs. atkins?

>
>Perhaps we should start a thread on here, starting from next
>monday where we all say what we eat, weigh, lost? etc... just
>a thought? Motivation?
>
>Wayne.

Hi Wayne,

That is what I was thinking when I asked about a "check in". I will definitely need the help to stick with it the first couple of weeks.

So lets plan to do a check in thread even if it starts with the two of us and then maybe it will grow.

Rhonda

Rhonda, Candi, check in thread. When you wanna start? Monday? You tell me...

We can use each other for motivation, Inspiration and education. Exercise schedules, what's working for some, not for others, etc...

I look forward to it.

Wayne.

Candi, Wayne,

Monday will be good for me. That gives me time to finish the book and really see what I am in for : )

Rhonda

I'd like to join in also...I've just finished the book & was contemplating starting, so this might give me the push I need. I may be very needy...I love my carbs! LOL

Ruth:)

I'll be in Mexico next week (I hope) but I will be happy to join in the week after.

I think this will be good. The first 3-4 days are the hardest:7 so you guys gotta hang in there.

I'll do it--I gained almost 10 lbs over the summer & am getting ready to lose it now that summer's over. :( Monday is my starting day. So you guys do SBD & I'll stick w/Atkins, 'kay?

I'm in!! I'll buy the book over the weekend and start Monday with the rest of ya!! Way to go Maximus.. That is quite a success story!! I dont think anyone is nutty for choosing a diet plan that works for them (I may have been the one that called Atkins "nutty" but I was referring to the strictness of the diet and not the users of it (if anything I'd call you strong-willed) We are all wired differently and have to do what works for us, as long as we go about it healthy ...hey go for it!!! Guess we will all talk Monday...enjoy your carbs over the weekend...haha

Just wondering if we should open this thread up on Monday to anyone wishing to join? Ie - doesn't have to be south beach or atkins. Could be anything? What-ya-think?

Wayne.

>Just wondering if we should open this thread up on Monday to
>anyone wishing to join? Ie - doesn't have to be south beach or
>atkins. Could be anything? What-ya-think?
>
>Wayne.

That is fine with me. I know eating Healthy is a hard thing to do and other may need that encouragement also. Should we call it the eating healthy thread?

Rhonda

I'm the culprit who said Atkins seems nutty to me. I was referring to how extreme I perceive it to be and the likelihood of staying on it for life. However, I also said that I don't know that much about it. My perception is that it's about very low carbs of all kinds, even complex carbs. That would seem difficult to adhere to as a life plan. However, everyone is different, and what doesn't work for some might be just the ticket for others.

Could call it that, but Eating Healthy cover a multitude of sins! And excludes no one. Ie - from Atkins to Eating for Life. Everyone can share what they're doing an what is and isn't working for them.

Though I myself have not yet decided on which diet (read – eating program) I’m going to follow it will most likely be the ABCDE Diet. Which are 5 days of low calorie eating and 5 days of higher calorie eating. This is supposed to lower body fat (low calorie days) and increase lean muscle mass (high calorie days).

My base calorie level for losing weight is 2,500 so I would need to reduce my calories to 2000 for 5 days. Then increase my calories to 3,200 – 3,500 for 5 days. The repeat. All that will change diet wise is that I will increase protein and fat during the higher calorie phase diet. This diet is neither high carb or low. It is whatever I choose to make it.

Wayne.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.