Sore throat question

pjlippert

Cathlete
So, the first Spring cold hit my son who in turn "shared" it with me. His colds typically land in his chest - thanks to a semi-compromised immune system due to his asthma. Now, on the rare occasions I get sick it inevitably hits my throat... you know, you are awakened at 3am with that pesky scratchy sore throat. Why does it hit me in the throat almost everytime??

Thanks for any feedback or thoughts on the matter.

Pam

hello there,

in my most humble opinion.... I think I have the cure for the common cold and possibly your sore throat. I know I know - I should be rich already. anyway, my soluation is food combining. It's not easy to do full-time and can feel tedious but it works everytime for me. No sugar, no dairy and separate all carbs from proteins. eat fruit and veg - but try fruit only in the morning and that's pretty much it in it's basic form. food combining involves more than this but it works for me everytime. if you've got worse than just a simple sore throat - well - i can't help ya - but a doctor might with some anti-biotics! ha ha good luck

Ugggh! We've all had it. First my DS, then my other DS, then my daughter and me starting Saturday. I may end up going in for a strep test, but I totally know the throat you're talking about. The only two suggestions I have - I keep Halls by my bed the nights I have that type, and I'll suck on one of those. And several years ago another mom raved about Olive Leaf extract. Not daily - just when I start to feel like a cold is starting. It's most definitely either stopped it all together or lessened whatever was coming.

Hope you sleep tonight. That type of throat is the WORST!!

Jen

Manuka honey is my cure all for everything - but especially when I feel a sore throat coming on. I take a spoonful and just let it coat my throat in the morning and at night (and anytime in between!) - nothing soothes it better.

Yuck! It relocated up to my sinuses and turned into a full blown sinus infection! :( Phoooey! Hurry up and work antibiotics!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.