Sore but more legs?

eminenz2

Cathlete
I wasn't sure where to post this question:

Yesterday I did Hiit Premix with chest. (Day 1 Workout of the 30-Day cardio/strength rotation.)

Today my legs are soooo sore but I see 'Legs" are today's workout in the rotation. Legs yesterday and more legs today? Yikes!

Would doing some low key cardio and the rear delts portion of the XTrain Legs CD throw off the rotation too much or should I just suck it up and do as much of the legs as I can? I hate to fail right out of the box.

Thanks in advance for comments/advice.

From my own personal experience w/rotations, the only way you can *fail* is if you just stop doing it completely. Not failure necessarily, you just might not get the results you hoped to obtain. It might take you 1 1/2-2 months to complete that rotation instead of the 30-day guideline, and THAT'S OK :). I frequently need to change my w/o days around throughout the week, and rarely adhere to the sequence of workouts by the book. I've never suffered any set-backs or negative consequences ;). If you are scheduled for a LB workout and can't do it because of soreness that will negatively affect your w/o, then do the UB workout instead (and vise-versa). Just keep on going, keep on plugging away. Don't stress out about it and most importantly, HAVE FUN :).

Good luck :)

Natasha

Last edited:
Thank you for the encouragement!

I did an Ellen Barrett workout instead. Stil sore today, but not as sore in my chest as I thought I'd be.

Its always ok to take a low key cardio day if you are too sore and then pick it up again tomorrow. I see that you did 'Ellen Barret' I think that was a very good idea.

I'm on the 90 day undulating and one day was Legs then the next Hiit, for the Hiit I could barely get my legs moving to do the fast paced workout, I just did the best I can, but if it happens again in week 2 I may switch it up and do something less leg intensive!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.