Soooo Frustrating

lulu68

Cathlete
Ok, I know I should't be worry about this but it really makes me mad. I work my butt of working out 6 days a week, running 25 miles pllus a week, weights, etc... then I look at all this pregnancy magazines and all the womens waislines are slim! What the heck!!! My waisline does not look like does women on the magazines. I'm in my 19th week have gained about 8 pounds, but my waisline is deffinately gone. Please tell me this women are airbrush to look thinner even when they're pregnant!!!

Lourdes

YES!!! They are most definitely air brushed! Keep doing what you're doing. I had gained more than that by that point in both of my pregnancies :) You'd think that, of all types of magazines, the pregnancy ones could show us the real deal. Yes, frustrating indeed!

Oh my goodness Lourdes, you're not alone!
I'm 22 weeks right now, have gained 10lbs and my belly is HUGE. It was with my first, and it is this time too. People give me that "look" when I tell them that I'm not due until August.
I even had some girl (that I don't know) come up to me in the bathroom as work and tell me how big I am.

I carry all of my weight in my belly. From behind, I don't look pregnant. But once I turn around, look out! I'm tired of seeing all of these "cute" little pregnant woman that are 9 months along and are smaller than I am now! Argh! Rant over.

So no, you're not alone!!!!

oh yeah, i'm right there with you. i'm 26 weeks and feeling huge and repulsive. i'm thrilled to be pregnant (this is my first), but the weight gain and watching my body change is so much harder than i thought it would be. i look nothing like anyone in the pregnancy magazines - far from it!! i'm still working out 5 - 6 time a week, i'm trying to eat healthy, but i've grown quickly over the last 4 weeks. i think i'm already up 15# from my normal weight and my waist was gone months ago.

so no, you're not alone. i'm finding some of this frustrating too. but i know my little girl will be worth all of the "looks" and belly comments in the end :)

-carrie

Lourdes - I bet half those women in those pregnancy mags aren't even pregnant. ;) They probably are just wearing those "bumps" they have in the try on rooms at Motherhood Maternity! ;)

Lourdes you are doing great. With every pregnancy I showed earlier and earlier (and gained more weight). It did ALL come off though, after the babies came out with discipline (healthy eating & reasonable exercise). The same is true for you! Keep your eyes focused on the prize....your healthy new bambino!! :D

Thanks Melanie!!!!

I know I will loose the weight, I'm to stuborn not to do anything about it! What kills me is that I'm so short and short waisted. Anyways...I love your new workout room! Do you have larger images of it so I could show it to my husband? We are currently in the process of converting our garage into a workout-play room and is confuse as to what type of floor is best for when I get back to doing more advance workouts. Thanks!!!

Lourdes

Hi Lourdes. Send me your e-mail address (or e-mail me at: [email protected]) and I'll send you a bigger picture.

When we bought this house it had a game room in it. So 1/2 of it is a pool room w/a hottub room attatched and the other 1/2 is my workout room. I am so grateful for it....especially with the extra long MN winters.

You are doing so good with this pregnancy. Keep up the good work. You are stubborn like me, you will definitely lose the weight. For now try to enjoy your changing body....this might be your last pg?

Hi ladies,

I just found out last Friday that I'm pregnant! I'm about 4 weeks & 5 days. I already feel like I'm starting to swell up! I've been working out hard for over two months (5-6 days/week) and I haven't lost an ounce! I took my measurements last week and only lost about a half inch off of my waist...nowhere else. I'm disgusted because I was working out a lot & pushing myself hard before I found out I'm pregnant and now I feel like I can't workout as hard.

I'm going to see an endocrinologist Monday about my thyroid so I hope he can help me. Ever since my Doc lowered my dose of thyroid hormone I've not been able to lose weight or inches. I don't even eat that much.

I hope I can continue to workout for a few months during my pregnancy. So far so good. I don't have any cramps or anything when I do my regular workouts. Just soooo tired!

Good luck to everyone!

~Kelly

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.