So, what is your fav Xtrain workout?

I like HardStrikes (fun, fun), Love Burn Sets, really like the Legs workout (I HATE working legs, so this one is great because just when I really start hating a section, she moves on to something new - I like the light weight and the variety in this one). I am quite certain that I will someday love SuperCuts - I've only done it once and it was a real challenge, so as I work up to it, this will become a favorite, too. I also really liked the Low Impact HiiT. I haven't tried Tabata yet, as I know that one will kill me. Haven't done Cardio Legs either, as the impact will not agree with my knees. Someday!
Tonight - Burn Sets Chest, Back, Shoulders = yea!

I just reached Supercuts in my rotation yesterday. Holy moley! I think that's my new fave, with Cardio Leg Blast right behind it.

What about the impact leve in Cardio Leg Blast? Is the high impact all through it or is it in one section? Could it be easily modified and still maintain the intensity? Thanks for your opinions!

What about the impact leve in Cardio Leg Blast? Is the high impact all through it or is it in one section? Could it be easily modified and still maintain the intensity?

After the warm-up, there are 12 circuits that alternate between a cardio blast and a strength exercise. The 1st 6 cardio blasts are on the floor and the last 6 use the step and many include jumping (plyo jacks, air jacks, frog jumps, toe taps on the step, jump on the step/step off, etc.) so the higher impact moves are spread throughout the workout.

I haven't tried modifying it but if you're familiar with low impact alternatives (lots of inspiration in XTrain All Out Low Impact and Afterburn) I bet you can do it. When I'm modifying other workouts I like to watch in advance and have an idea of how I want to modify. That helps me keep up the intensity and not stop mid-workout to try to figure out what to do.

It's a really fun workout so it's worth a try. Good luck!

You could modify and substitute low impact blasts for every blast in the 12 rounds because every blast has high impact. It is do-able, if you know Cathe's low impact moves from All Out Low Impact HiiT for example or if you know the blasts Cathe uses on Lowmax for example.

This would change the workout, however.

Plyo blasts work the legs for sure, but also other muscle groups come in to help move you off the ground. It's a cardio move, lung intensive.

If you sub every blast out of this workout, you will make it slightly less lung intensive and more leg intensive. The blasts in low max, for example, work the legs to the point of real burn in many cases. So, if you mimicked this and you could, would this allow you enough rest before then doing the weights segments of each round?

I'm just asking the question.

It is do-able.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.