So very bummed :(

Noliboli

I hope you all enjoy STS from the get-go. I have a shoulder injury from doing P90X and am having surgery on 2/2. I was really looking forward to doing STS. I'm sure it's as challenging as it seems! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Well I guess we can be bummed together. I canceled mine - Boo Hoo!! Also a shoulder injury (plus finances) Will have to make due with just the abs from STS.

Maybe we'll both be ready for it together later on & can do it together!!!
Good luck with your surgery!!

Noliboli...here is to a successful surgery and speedy recovery! Ya know there's a few who won't be starting STS right away. I won't be starting until mid-March as I want to finish he 12 week rotation I am currently on. Maybe we could start a check-in for STS late-starters. :p

Noliboli - sorry about your injury. What kind of shoulder surgery are you having? I had a subcromial decompression - removal of spur and cleaning out of joint) on October 10th and I initially cancelled my STS order - but then reordered, figuring that I could start when I was ready... so something to think about. Good luck with your surgery - my recovery has been excellent, my doc says. BUT - I listened to my physical therapist and even though it KILLED me, I didn't do any upper body work for almost 8 weeks! I'm glad I listened - I am now starting slow and light and so far so good.

Keep us posted on how you do with surgery.

Sonya - I likely won't be starting until the first week of March myself - I like the idea of a "late bloomers" check-in.

Noliboli...here is to a successful surgery and speedy recovery! Ya know there's a few who won't be starting STS right away. I won't be starting until mid-March as I want to finish he 12 week rotation I am currently on. Maybe we could start a check-in for STS late-starters. :p

I might be waiting until June to start as I'm 6+ months preggo. I might try the workouts with less weight, but not get serious about it too soon. We can still watch the videos (or clips online) and live vicariously through others!

Life IS good!!! :D

I'll be hopefully starting STS late spring because of a compressin of a vertebre due to a fall on the ice:( Oh well...best of luck to everyone w/ an injury and or surgery!!!!!!!!! Kay

Thanks everyone!

I havea SLAP tear in my left shoulder. SLAP stands for something (I googled it then forgot). I hurt it in june '07 and it took the MDs about a year to diagnose the tear. Then I put off surgery until after the holidays. I'll be in a sling for about 6 weeks then on limited activity for about 4 months. It's going to kill me! I waited all of 8 days after having my twins to start working out again, so this is going to be MUCH longer than that! I love the idea of starting a late STS group. Thank you to everyone for your best wishes and support!

Great idea!!!

What a great idea - I would definitely sign up for that group! I am sorry to hear about your shoulder too. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Just think of how strong you will be once you are healed and ready to go!

I am recoverying from a surgery and will not be able to start STS right away either. I have to redo all of my 1 RM tests and get the WM 2.0 info entered. I am allowed to start lifting very light weights this week, but I am not allowed to do impact stuff yet. I can walk on a treadmill. What is worse is that I coming down with a cold or sinus infection - ironic though because my surgery was for my deviated septum and sinuses!

As always, I am trying to focus on the posistive and I think it would be good to get the feedback from the other STSers here who start right away. It would be great to learn from them!

Hi Noliboli! I'm sorry to hear about your injury too. Glad you are getting to the route of the problem so that you will one day be ready to do the program with no hold backs. IIronically I just posted to another member who just broke her wrist and I will copy and paste it below because I have the same advice for you too:

I'm so sorry to hear of your injury Sammycat! I can feel your frustration from here. I would be feeling the exact same way. But you will learn a lot of info and exercises in your physical therapy sessions. As you progress through therapy you will get a good indication of your limitations and when you can return to exercise and to what degree. No worries, eventually you will go at full throttle again but for now it will be smaller steps until you reach the top of the mountain. Good thing STS never expires, it will be here for you when you are ready :D. Good luck with your recovery.

I hope you all enjoy STS from the get-go. I have a shoulder injury from doing P90X and am having surgery on 2/2. I was really looking forward to doing STS. I'm sure it's as challenging as it seems! Enjoy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.