So thankful for new job!

tralaiven

Cathlete
I began applying for work in the middle of January. It was tough-going after being a SAHM for 20 years, even though I had finished my Bachelor's recently and did have extensive experience before going under the radar to raise my children.

Anyway, I ended up getting an entry-level position at a national company, but I really really did NOT like it even though I was extremely thankful to have my foot in the door somewhere. Also the pay was really low, but again, thankful realizing that many were struggling to find any work.

But today...I got great news!!! I received a job offer in my field with salary that is competitive and something that I know I will like because I am very familiar with the industry.Of course, I accepted it! I am just so happy! I have not been so happy for such a long time due to extenuating circumstances in our lives. Life has just been tough for YEARS. It is just so good to know and want to share with you all that perseverance really does pay off, there is light at the end of the tunnel and doing right is always the right thing to do....even if it takes years to see results.

And for those who will receive it, and it was true for me...God is faithful.

My DH just switched jobs, too. Once he started the new job, I realized how much stress his previous job was causing for us (financial, etc) and it seems like I can breathe again. Finding a good fit can be difficult and I'm happy for you and your family that you not only found something, but something that you'll like.

So, CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy not only your new position, but everything good that will come with it!

thanks so much, kitterfly and expatter.

Expatter, that is exactly how I feel, that I can breathe again. It is so interesting that a good fit is so important, in fact, much more important than I realized. I actually read an article which stated the same thing, about how crucial a "fit" was for a company and a person and I was a little skeptical. I always just thought, "well, I can do the job. What's the big deal?" But it really IS a big deal, having had a job that I could do and did fairly well, but felt like a fish out of water, and was personally kind of miserable, while trying to be positive and ok.

The funny thing is, there is a sense of "home" to having this new position. --that this is just where I belong. And it is interesting that the people who hired me saw it right away too--from my resume to both of my interviews. There was almost this audible "click".

Again, I am very grateful and this whole process has been a learning experience.

That is awesome news ! I'm so happy for you, this is something our family has gone through since September 2008, times have been so hard, nearly losing everything and then finally that job offer. I remember *exhaling* and then starting to breath again, a perfect analogy. Well good luck, and don't forget to workout, and make sure you check in here too!

Congrats on getting the right job, not just any job. Hoping the same for myself as well. I got selected for an internship ahead of the planned mixer this week. It could lead to full time employment, time will only tell.

Congratulations!!! Nothing like having a job that you enjoy doing! Makes it easier to get up in the mornings! :)

I began applying for work in the middle of January. It was tough-going after being a SAHM for 20 years, even though I had finished my Bachelor's recently and did have extensive experience before going under the radar to raise my children.

Anyway, I ended up getting an entry-level position at a national company, but I really really did NOT like it even though I was extremely thankful to have my foot in the door somewhere. Also the pay was really low, but again, thankful realizing that many were struggling to find any work.

But today...I got great news!!! I received a job offer in my field with salary that is competitive and something that I know I will like because I am very familiar with the industry.Of course, I accepted it! I am just so happy! I have not been so happy for such a long time due to extenuating circumstances in our lives. Life has just been tough for YEARS. It is just so good to know and want to share with you all that perseverance really does pay off, there is light at the end of the tunnel and doing right is always the right thing to do....even if it takes years to see results.

And for those who will receive it, and it was true for me...God is faithful.

Tracy, God IS FAITHFUL! I'm so happy for you! Enjoy your new job!

CONGRATULATIONS.....it's nothing like having a job that u click with and njoy....and yes GOD IS TRULY FAITHFUL:)

Congratulations! Such happy news!

Now you can celebrate by getting the new preorder (and several other things, of course :) ).

I did that last night!!! I had been putting it off....but I went ahead and did it as my celebratory gift! Thanks for the good wishes Fidget Queen.

I hope Cathe will read this and know that one of the main ways I celebrated such good news was getting her new workouts (plus one besides)! I could have done a million other things with my dollars...but I chose her products as a way to celebrate!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.