So Sad - am I missing it all??

empaloalto

Cathlete
Hi Cathe ~

I pre-ordered STS as soon as I could last year. (feels like it was a year ago??!!) All year, I waited anxiously, checking all your posts, telling all my friends, talking about it... By the end of 2008 however, I ended up with some strange tendonitis in my shoulder (the bicep tendon at the shoulder) Mid physical therapy sessions - my much anticipated STS arrived. I was so sad. :( I have never received a Cathe DVD without being able to try it right away! I've cracked open the abs DVD, and am trying the routines that won't impact my shoulder - love those! (but man am I surprised at HOW many moves require my shoulder!!)

I keep reminding myself that many people get injured and make a 100% recovery (including YOU & your knee injury years ago!) But while I'm not myself, it's hard to imagine being back in the game.

I check your site regularly to keep myself motiviated, but now that I watch all the great posts about STS and the new video's on U Tube, I feel like I'm missing out. :(

Cross my fingers I'll be back to normal in a month or so, but will I miss all the assistance that is going on? Will the U Tube videos still be available? I feel like if I'm not doing it with everyone right now, that I'm going to miss all the great help that is being sent around.

I know that can't be - but just wanted to know how everyone will get help going forward.

I can't wait to join you!!

Thanks!
Erin

Erin, so sorry to hear this, just keep up with what the Dr. says, and I'm sure you'll be back to "fighting form" in no time! And no way are you missing it all! So many others who already have STS are starting later for one reason or another.

I would guess the tv spots will stay archived indefinitely as I'm certain they understand (and hope) there are plenty of people who will start and buy STS in the future.

And I know for sure I will be doing more than 1 STS rotation. I'm sure whenever you start there will be a whole new wave of people starting right along with you and a whole bunch of new posts and check ins to take part in.

Hang in there!

Oh, yes, Erin, there will be many of us restarting months from now. I'm into week 4 (tomorrow) of STS, but will want to do it all again and maybe have to wait till Fall. Give yourself plenty of time to heal properly, then start slowly. It's a great workout program, tough, but adjustable.

Get well soon.
Janie

Thanks!

Thanks Dela & Janie for your help! Out her by myself, it's easy to think I'm alone, but you're right - so many people will be starting at different times.

So hard to stay paitent while the beautiful DVD's are staring at me.... I even brought the instruction book in to show my PT guy!! :)

Crossing my fingers I can in the LEAST time it nicely for bathing suit season :)

Thanks again!
Erin

Hi Erin,
Can you do lower body work? If so, you could pop in one of the leg workouts and give it a try. You'd want to do it without weights so as not to involve your shoulder...

Sorry for your injury--hope it heals soon.

Wendy

I haven't started yet either. I keep watching them though LOL!! I don't know when I'll get started. I have a couple of lower body issues that I need to work out and then I'll get started. We want to be at our very bestest when we start, right? ;)

I also haven't started yet. My DH is still recovering from a broken rib, and I have been having some knee and wrist issues. (Add to that a series of illnesses for the past 3 weeks, and I haven't been working out at all lately.)

I think the Cathe TV episodes will still be around when we're ready to start. At least I hope so! I've been watching them now anyway, just to get in the mood.

Erin,
There are quite a few people who aren't doing STS yet.
I and a some others are starting in May (you may get to it before we do, LOL!).
I'm currently doing another program that I'm enjoying, and I don't want to stop mid-way to do something else.

Hi Cathe ~

I pre-ordered STS as soon as I could last year. (feels like it was a year ago??!!) All year, I waited anxiously, checking all your posts, telling all my friends, talking about it... By the end of 2008 however, I ended up with some strange tendonitis in my shoulder (the bicep tendon at the shoulder) Mid physical therapy sessions - my much anticipated STS arrived. I was so sad. :( I have never received a Cathe DVD without being able to try it right away! I've cracked open the abs DVD, and am trying the routines that won't impact my shoulder - love those! (but man am I surprised at HOW many moves require my shoulder!!)

I keep reminding myself that many people get injured and make a 100% recovery (including YOU & your knee injury years ago!) But while I'm not myself, it's hard to imagine being back in the game.

I check your site regularly to keep myself motiviated, but now that I watch all the great posts about STS and the new video's on U Tube, I feel like I'm missing out. :(

Cross my fingers I'll be back to normal in a month or so, but will I miss all the assistance that is going on? Will the U Tube videos still be available? I feel like if I'm not doing it with everyone right now, that I'm going to miss all the great help that is being sent around.

I know that can't be - but just wanted to know how everyone will get help going forward.

Thanks!
Erin

I hope your recovery goes well and as others have said, don't worry others will probably be first starting right around the time you are, or starting another round. I'm sure you won't be going it alone.

Plus, we'll let the others work out all the kinks and ask all the questions so that by the time we start it'll be a breeze. Well, maybe not a breeze :p

Thanks!

Wow. You guys are great! It's so good to hear that I'm not alone w/the "kinks" issues! (not that I wish sore body parts on ANYone! But at least I'm not the only one.) It's also good to hear how you're all getting through it! I felt so baaad having ordered the DVD's a year ago & not starting them the day they arrived! Now I feel much better. (well sort of).

And Wendy - I've done some lower body work (the kind that doesn't require me to put weights on my shoulders, b/c just getting them UP there is tough) But I hate to do things part way. Ya know? If I'm going to do this SUPER program, I want to do the entire thing, start to finish, w/all the guidance & reps & everything. I guess this mentality is why I go down hill fast, b/c if I'm sick - I don't try to do partial workouts. It's all or nothing.

So that said... I will stick to what feels like weak PT workouts, to get myself back in line. In the mean time, I've been having fun doing "classic" cathe step routines, without as much of the arm movements. But I can't get myself to pull the celophane off those beautiful dvd's until I'm 100%, so I can give it my all.

Erin:
I feel for you!!!! Keep in mind tho that MANY of us are doing the 6 month version so even if you start 6 - 8 weeks later eventually you'll catch up with us!!! :D

I'll be doing STS well into May/June with scheduling issues etc so Let us know the second you start & we'll all join you in your journey!!!

Heal up first! I had a shoulder injury that took me out of the game for nearly 2 years before I actually healed completely because I was stupid & wouldnt just sttop lifting.

Also- I have yet to do more than 1 AB workout:eek:- I'm just a BAD GIRL! So enjoy those DVDs & report on those so I'll get motivated to do them!!

Traci

Hi Cathe ~

Thanks!
Erin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.