Snoring Husband--What to do?

"This works on my husband too. And holding his nose works too . I know. I'm evil . But at least he stops...if only temporarily."

Oh that makes me crack up, because when my husband snores, which isn't often, I pinch his nose until he stops.

I realize this is not funny to those of you who are living with it nightly. A real snoring problem would drive me nuts. I hope you find a solution.

Maggie:)

My DH used to rattle the roof with his snoring! To make a long story short it was a problem with his sinuses, a deviated septum, and allergies. He had an operation to fix everything about a year ago and now takes allergy shots. It made a world of difference in his snoring. He's also told me that he sleeps a lot better now too (me too!).

My husband snores and grinds his teeth (really bad). I sleep with earplugs every night, the ones that can block out up to like 33 decibals or something. They hurt my ears sometimes but I can't sleep without them now. I worry about what I'm going to do if I ever have a baby because I literally won't fall asleep without my earplugs. I've been sleep deprived since I got married. Not only does he make alot of racket, he takes up the whole bed. He's not a big guy, he just likes to spread out. I'm on the edge of the bed every night. I often get jabbed or whacked in the head or something. I sleep so good after he gets up in the a.m. because I can spread out. I love him dearly, he is a wonderful husband but he doesn't listen about the sleep issues. Sometimes I take sleep medicine just to knock me out so I won't get woke up. The breathe strips sound like a good idea. If your husband is anything like mine though he won't try them. Sorry, I'm not much help but I can sympathize!

Ashley

Sleeping apart due to a medical or comfort reason is not a sign of a bad marriage.

I work 3rd shift, my wife works days. We always sleep alone (never have to make the bed!). On weekends we sleep in separate rooms, just not used to having another body sleeping next to us.

The writer Robert Parker (Spenser for Hire) shares a 2 family house with his wife. They have their own flats.

Do what makes it work. This is the love of your life.

dave, my parents sleep in separate beds, and I'm starting to understand why. My DH is a blanket-stealer. Just about every night, I wake up freezing with no blanket or one that is covering maybe a quarter of my body. Even if I "prepare" by hogging the blanket when we go to bed... still end up getting it pulled off me. Grrrr.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.