SNM Disc 36 workout card

ElaineP

Cathlete
SNM, forgive me if this has already been mentioned, I was looking at Disc 36 workout card under the Workout Manager STS and it does not show the % of 1 RM like Disc 34 does. For example : it shows 50% for the first few exercises but after that it says NA instead of a number.

The 50% is for the warm up sets. After the first week of the Squat Rack routine the workout cards calculate your weight for an exercise by adding 5% to your previous week for weeks two and three.

Yes, my workout cards for 33 and 36 are missing the percentages as well. They show my 1RM and target weight, but after the warm up sets the percentage column shows "NA" instead of a number.

It looks like the percentage for week 3 for Chest and Back (workout card 33) is 90 and the percentage for week 4 for Chest and Back is 85. This is consistent with the percentages for the Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps workouts for those weeks.

Is this right? (This seems to be contrary to SNM's answer.) Are we going up in weight and then back down for the final week? I'm now very curious (and worried about lifting 90 percent of my 1RM!)

You increase your weight for weeks 2 and 3 by 5% each week, but decrease your reps each week. In week #4 you go back to doing the same weight you used in week #2, but you will do 8 reps instead of 7.

Your 1RM% should say "NA" on your workout cards for weeks 2,3, and 4. We only use your 1RM% for the first week only on the workout cards, but then use a formula to calculate your weight increase of 5% for weeks 2 and 3.

There is a slight difference between increasing your weight by 5% and increasing your 1RM by 5%. Though in speaking we will use the two methods interchangeably, in the workout cards we only use the formula for "increasing your weight".

Does this 5% increase only apply to the Squat Rack discs? (37, 38, 39, 40)

Because, of the upper body discs only 33 and 36 (both Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps) show the "NA" 1RM% (5% increase). The Chest & Shoulders discs show the normal 80/85/90/85 % of 1RM.

There's definitely a difference between the 5% increase of 1RM and the 5% increase of last week's weight load. For me it goes up to almost 1.5 kgs (3.3 lbs)!!!

Chris.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.