Smoke Free 2 Weeks Today.

Yay Susan! Way to go! I know how you feel about the yelling at the hubby thing. Last night, I cursed him out for not being nice enough to me. I'm on day 10! I picked up 14 more days of patches yesterday.:)

Congratulations and keep up the great work. I was a 2 1/2-3 pack smoker for 30 years and now I haven't had one for over 17 years. Take care of each day and the days will take care of the years. You have the worst part of it over with so hang in there! My daughter-in-law says if her mother-in-law can quit anyone can.

Sometimes I am with someone who lights up and think I would still like one but the urge passes and I never even notice when they finish it or put it out. It just fades away and I don't even notice when it's gone.

I almost died from double pneumonia 2 years ago and was in the hospital for 2 weeks and several of those days were in intensive care. I am so very grateful and know deep in my heart that if I had still been smoking I wouldn't be here today telling you to keep up the good work!

I think inhale good air and exhale good air. I also know I wouldn't be able to do "any" of Cathe's workouts if I still smoked!:D

Thank You everyone for your kind words. I am feeling really good. Crabby but good. I feel free.

Thank you
Susan

Well it's been another week since you inital post. HOw are you doing?

I've got to say, that is a very cute smiley Debbie posted.

Hey, way to go Susan!! Keep it up. You can kick those stinking cig's.

I'll share a little story...a good friend of mine smokes but in the past, she never has smoked in her house because she didn't want her kids smelling like cigarette's. Well, her oldest DD now smokes and her current bf also is a smoker. The other night I was over at their house and sitting at the kitchen table and all three of them were smoking the whole time I was there. When I got in my car to leave I just reeked of cigarette's, it was nasty. When I got home I undressed in the garage and put my clothes on a lawn chair to 'air out' overnight before I brought them into the laundry room.

Yuck. And, I used to smoke myself years ago. It is just a nasty, nasty bad habit. Besides slowly killing you, you stink in the process.

Hey!!! The first week is usally the hardest...(physical addiction)...the urges you have now a psychologically...don't give up you can do it... My sister quit 6 yrs ago and she says she still dreams about lighting up.

Well, it has been 3 weeks and a day. It gets easier everyday. I don't think I could handle this HOT weather if I was smokin.
Thanks for all the well wishes!! I am doing it.
BTY, I feel 200% better working out.

Susan

Keep up the good work! Alas, I can't make that claim myself - am still at about 1.5 cigs a day Mon. - Fri. Hopefully I'll be able to make a post like yours soon.

Keep cleaning, keep Cathe-ing, and keep not-smoking! You can do it!

A-Jock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.