Smileyville week of Sep.21-27th

Jennifer, I second that "TGIF"!!! And enjoy your extra zzzz's. Have fun tomorrow!!!

Aug - when are you leaving for London? That should be coming up soon, right? How are your babies doing? How about mom?

Michele - any change in your FIL?

The kitty did not come back, as I mentioned, it was way too friendly to be a stray but it worries me that it is so thin. And yes, it was named. Gannon named it Mallory and Gabe named it Allison. They are so silly!

Last night I took Gabe to see "Sick Puppies" and "Three Days Grace" - he was so excited b/c it was his first concert. He was so tired he almost fell asleep. How do you fall asleep at a loud rock concert????? I was dying to get a waffle/icecream. They make fresh waffles and make a sandwich with icecream. But my desire left immediately when I saw the people operating the stand. They were wearing the plastic gloves for sanitary reasons and handling the money too!!!! Blech!!!! Needless to say, I didn't get one.

I'm hoping to get in some sort of workout today. We may go to the movies too, to see Igor. Did any of you see the preview? It looks cute. Also gonna dig out my Halloween decorations.

Talk to you all later!!!!

Yeah, it's Saturday. Today of the MI Catheite luncheon in Lansing. No counting calories or fat grams. 1pm EST. Due to the UofM home game, I get to leave my house extra early due to cross country traffic on the interstate heading to Ann Arbor. Have to check into school and I'd better study tonight.

LOL about the wearing those plastic gloves and then handling the money. :confused::p

I hope the kitty is all right. How cute about the 2 names.

Lunching with Catheites! Wow! :cool: We want stories!

Yesterday I had a big fancy meeting and needed to look nice for it, so I decided to dun-dun-duh-duh! Curl my hair. I thought about washing it first, but then thought that maybe since it was a tad on the dirty side, that it would hold the curl better :eek: .

My hairdresser had given me something to spray my hair with to protect it from the iron and also to hold the curl better, so I went to sea in it, spraying every small clump of hair I curled.

I finished up curling, bent over, shook my hair, and SEX ME UP! I looked pretty good! :eek:

I was ready to leave for my meeting a bit early, so I decided I'd walk as far as I could go and then hop in a taxi if I ran out of time.

So out I went like the bullet-walker I am and I was moving right along. After speed-walking for about 25 minutes, it became apparent that I needed to catch a cab if I planned on getting to this important meeting on time. Got in a cab. As soon as I sat down, I started to sweat.

Then the cab dropped me off at the wrong place.

So then I really had to run to my meeting, and I was a full block and a half away. I even had to run up stairs. And the wind, though humid, had started to really blow. :confused:

By the time I got to building barely on time, I was panting and sweaty.

I went into the bathroom before the meeting so I could fix myself up a little and when I looked in the mirror, it was all I could do from not scream-laughing == every clump of hair that I sprayed before curling had sort of bounced back into clump form. Very little XXX was happening.

Without thinking, I washed my hands and ran them through my hair in hopes of somehow fixing it....which left me looking like I had THE most oily, filthy, nattiest hair in the world.
1.gif

It was hard to concentrate on the meeting. LOL.

Okay guys, one last thing. My knees hurt.
2mo5pow.gif
Was it the lunging and squatting? Or was it the cardio and jumping around? To those of you who don't know, I had vowed off of lunging and squatting last year (and the year before that, too, LOL), because it gave me knee pain.

I wish there was a Cathe lower body just for butts.

Okay, sorry to talk your ears off and be so short on personals.

Laters!

OMG August I'm dying here at your story. I know I shouldn't laugh but I'm sorry, it is funny!!! Did anyone say anything about your sexy do??? Maybe it didn't look as bad as you think???

Here's a goodie for ya: my Gabe is the worst person to get up when he falls asleep. Last night he felll asleep on the chair and you literally cannot wake him up. Many nights I have to carry him up to bed and he is 65lbs of dead weight when he is sleeping. So I tell him he needs to go pee before he gets in bed. For some reason he went into my bathroom and I ask him if he went, he is walking but he is not awake, oh yeah he went. He peed in my closet!!!!! I had a stack of towels in there and he peed right on them. Today he doesn't remember doing it.

Jennifer - have a great time today! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Hi Michele!!!

What are you all up to today? Not sure here. It is supposed to rain all day. May shampoo the rugs - I bought a shampooer yesterday.

Have a great day all!

Hello Smileyville.
Lunch was fun with the Catheites. No school tonight, the system is down. Like down for almost 24 hours. My prof is emailing us with updates. We connected because of Cathe, chefkate looks radiant, she's due in 3 weeks for her 3rd daughter. Plus, most of us are MSU fans and the game was on. Champp's being a local sports bar/bistro place. Food was good, different kind of menu. Lots of food, calories and fat grams. We all shared dessert. Small world, only 6 people from knowing everyone and we knew people from the same towns/cities. Maybe, a Holiday get together to shop.

DANA LMAO about Gabe and his sleep peeing in your closet! OMG! That's a pretty dang deep sleep!

Wow, a rug shampooer. I would LOVE to have my carpet shampooed.

As for my hair, nobody said a word about it, but my work partner did a polite double-take, which made me laugh. I wonder if my staff thought, "Man, this is an important meeting. It would have been good if August would have at least bothered to wash her hair."

JENNIFER That lunch sounds so fun! Good for you for going. I wish us Smilers (yes, I still also first think to write Haters) could somehow sometime get together. That would be totally surreal! I'd even curl my hair for y'all. :D

Did you, Dana, ask me about when I go to London and what about the squirrels? I don't know if I answered that. It's looking like my trip will be Oct 10-14. I'm still fretting about what to do about the squirrels, since I've gotten their eating and my litter box cleaning down to a science that nobody could ever understand. And who are my babies going to knead and drool on while I'm gone? :(

Totally off subject, but I wonder how Michele's wedding speech went.

Okay, I'd better do some cardio while I still have it in me.

Laters!

OMG, Dana! Your story about the "water closet" cracked me up! Hey, we were at the fair last Thursday too. I wonder if we walked right past each other without knowing. We took Greyor in his new wheelchair and I think he really enjoyed it. He really liked all the animals.

August, I bet you were gorgeous, even with ratty hair. Can't your mom watch the squirrels? Maybe she could move into your place with her pals till you get back? Or do you have secrets hidden in your apartment that you would hate your mother to find?!?!?

Jennifer, I can't believe chefkate is still pregnant! She looked about ready to pop back in July when I met her at the RT.

Michele, ma belle, I miss you so much. There has to be a better way to keep in touch. How was the wedding? Is your FIL still improving? I thought of you the whole way through CCPP on Saturday.

I'm at work today. No workout plans for when I get home. I'm pretty tired. Last night I stayed up late to watch Penn State beat Illinois. (Go State!) The night before wasn't better. One of our cats, the big, dumb white one, likes to, um, pleasure himself with DD's stuffed animals. (Yes, he is neutered!) He howls the whole time he is being "Master of His Domain." Between Greyor crying, Paddy-cat howling and my own hot-flashing, I didn't get any sleep. Thanks goodness me work today is pretty much able to be done on auto-pilot!

Hi all!

Robin - what time were you over at the fair? We were there from about 4:00-10:00. I don't know about you, but the whole fair scene has gotten ridiculous. The games are expensive and you don't win, the fair workers that operate the games are down-right scary!!!! The rides are insane! I won't let my kids ride fair rides - I did see one of the rides was $12 for one ride. NUTS!!!!!!

Jennifer - glad you had a great time.

Aug - what about your brother? Could he take care of the kitties? What a dilemma.

Michele - I bet you did great at the wedding.

I just put a chicken in the oven so I"ve got to get dinner ready. I haven't cooked a real meal in ages so it better be yummy!!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Dana, that's when we were there. Yeah, I never let my kids ride carnival and fair rides. I worked at Hersheypark when I was in college, and I know how much maitainance those rides take. No way I was ever putting my kids on something that folds up and gets towed down the highway. We pretty much go to eat the food and watch the people. Enjoy your homemade dinner.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.