SMILEYVILLE - OCTOBER

August

Cathlete
18_1_103v.gif
Hi, SMILERS!
18_1_103v.gif

I'm back from London (last night). And am I jetlagged or is there no thread for us?
thscratchvo5.gif

I've actually got to do some things for Mom right now, and then have to get to work, so I'll have to be brief.

I have very disappointing cupcake news. I ended up not having time to go to the bakery.
sooky.gif

Why did I not have time? Because I was at the police station helping my work partner report his stolen wallet.
indifferent0003.gif

I did however get a big laugh on our way home -- at the airport after immigrations, there is a big ol' Krispy Kreme LOL. But I was too full from the chocolate brownie I'd had from Starbucks (no brownies in Japan, so I couldn't resist).

Okay, I'll talk to you guys later. Hope you're all doing well.

I'm so happy to be back with my squirrels! :D

Good morning Smilers!!!!!

Dana, Augie, and Robin -- you guys are too much! You all had a part in making me cry recently (happy tears -- the kind that come from knowing someone cares about you). I can't tell you how much your cards and notes meant to me. Really, I'm all verklempt over it.
34zn0n5.gif

My FIL has been in the hospital for a month now. The decision has been made to amputate at the mid calf point. His foot isn't healing where they amputated the toe. His circulation is so poor that he doesn't have enough blood flow to the foot to nourish and oxygenate the wound and his flesh is rotting. He's still confused and they did some testing yesterday to see if they could get to the bottom of it. It's just all veery sad and draining for everyone. It's been tough with DH gone, too. He was supposed to be home from his trip last Sunday but they needed him to stay a few extra days. He's on his way home now and I just can't wait til he gets here! I really miss him, but I also feel better with one of the biological units on hand. ;)

Augie - What!? No cupcake!? I'm so disappointed!! Well at least you got a brownie out of the deal -- LMAO!!!

OMG did your partner ever get his wallet back? That's terrible!!

Hello to everyone!! I have to run for now but I'll try my best to keep you updated. Take care and I love youse!!

Michele ~ great minds (me, aug, robin) think alike huh? I am so sorry for your FIL, I can't even find the right words to say. Know that we all are thinking of you everyday!!!

Aug - I cannot believe you didn't find cupcake time. Did you have a George sighting anywhere? LOL We missed you!!! Bummer about your partner and his wallet. Did you get it back?

Jennifer - how is school going?

Sorry I haven't checked in lately. I am having a hard time with work - too busy and too much work for one person to handle. It is nuts. I've also come down with a rotten cold too. Finally feeling better today.

I better get going - back to the old grind. YUK!

4_1_203.gif
MorgNon!
4_1_203.gif

It is still warm enough for me to be wearing a non-sleeve thin cotton dress in my apartment with the windows ajar. And I'm sensitive to the cold, folks! It's THAT warm! I LOVE IT!

And I have just finished up doing Muscle Endurance (minus squats and lunges, because now my knee is all funked up from doing them before London) and dun-duh-duh-duh! I worked out in my NEW SPORTS BRA! Yes, I didn't have time to get my cupcake, but I was determined to get my sports bra. Ain't I a good girl? It was no easy feat, either. It's really hard to find a sports bra that fits me well. :confused:

Now it's time to relax some. I've got the day off! I'm watching Seinfeld DVDs!

jerry_popcorn.jpg

After today, however, I don't see a white spot on my calendar at all. I've got photos next Tuesday, so I'm going to eat right and workout until then.

508.gif

Is that smileyface irritating or what? LOL.

MICHELE Oh wow, your DFIL will be having quite a bit amputated. That's awful. The pain from that alone would make anyone at any age confused and just very not right. Although it's a bit of a road, the surgery and removal of "bad stuff" will be the beginning of much healing, and bring a lot of comfort to all.

So much is going on there for you...I wish we could all be there to help out, and at least unwind some together. Big hugs to you.

As for the stolen wallet, would you believe that my partner got an email last night from the London police saying that his wallet with all the cards had been found?! Of course my partner already went out and got a new driver's license and stopped all his credit cards, but still, the fact that they found it and emailed is mind-blowing! I've written them to see about getting the wallet sent.

DANA I did my best to look for George. I saw some wannabes. And it was the weekend so it was totally crowded beyond belief. I mean like yucky crowded. I will definitely plan to work in London on the weekdays in the future. Anyway, I hope your work load will lighten soon. We all need to get back into the swing of things!

All right, Jerry is calling. Have a great day!

Laters!
kissblow.gif

Hello Girlfriends.
Today is MY Friday!!!!! Yahoo. Friday, I will be visiting a friend of mine who is stage 2 in breast cancer and has her first round of chemo today. It will be nasty. But, Friday I will bring B&J New York Super Fudge chunck and it'll make her happy. She grew up in VT.
School has been busy, lots of time this week. I got a 74% accum score last week cause I sent in the wrong paper. This week, I'm more confident in stuff. I will have to study tomorrow morning before I leave and alot to do on Saturday too.
Time to get ready for work.
Hugs to everyone.

Hey all. No time to post but Aug, I wanted to tell you that my best friend and her boyfriend are going to see Jerry live on Thursday, Oct 23. She LOVES him.

August!!!! It's so good to have you back. I bet the squirrels were thrilled too. Or did they do the "Oh, she's back (YAWN.)" routine. It's funny when we've been gone for a while. Our cats don't know if they should be happy we are back, or mad that we were gone. Glad to hear the wallet showed up. I wonder about the cards though. Just because they are all there, doesn't mean they didn't get used. LOL at you and Jerry. DH has all the seasons on DVD and will sit and watch them for hours. He can barely make it through a conversation without some kind of Jerry reference.

{{{MICHELE}}} You know you and yours are in my prayers. When is the surgury scheduled? Is your DH home safe and sound? My invitation still stands. Bet I could get Dana to agree to a meet and greet if you were there.

Dana, sorry to hear you are still swamped. We've been extra busy with people off sick and for deaths in the family. Last week the supervisor came into the department to tell us we were doing a good job covering, but we weren't allowed to postpone a certain very long, not-life-threatening test because a doctor complained that turn around time was too long. Ha! Wait and see the overtime now!

Hi Jennifer. Sounds like school is chugging right along.

I've been going hit or miss with my workouts lately and it's driving me crazy. I'll go a few days doing well, then something will come up and I'll have to miss a couple days. Life is just too darned hard! We are thinking of heading to Gettysburg tomorrow with my niece, who is visiting this week. That will be a long day, so no workouts. I'll have to try to get a good one done today.

Well, something must be wrong with me as I did cardio LAST NIGHT.
gigglesmile.gif

Just as well, since I don't have time to do a workout before I bust a move and get on out the door this morning.

JENNIFER B&J New York Super Fudge Chunk? Just the sound of that would make anyone feel better. Yeow! LOL about you sending in the wrong paper. You should get extra points for being ahead of the game!

DANA I love live comedy. I used to go and see a lot of standup when I was in the States. How fun to go see Jerry live!

ROBIN LOL, oh, I love that yawn the squirrels do -- they'll call and call over to me and when I approach them, they'll yawn like, "Oh, it's you." Luckily, the trip was long enough for them to be happy to see me on my return. And boy was I ever happy to see them!

My work partner and I spent the afternoon at the London Police filing a report and calling the credit card companies, so he's safe. But my partner already went out and got a new driver's license and spent time calling his bank and stuff. Oh well. At least we can say we spent the afternoon at the police station. :D

Oh, I'd love to spend the afternoon with your DH watching Jerry and then talking about it for hours!

Anyway, I hope your workload gets calm again soon, too. What's going on with us Smilers? It's kind of like when a group of women get together and their periods start to get in synch, except with us, it's a bad schedule.

Okay, I've got to run now.

Laters!

TGIF!! And, I have it off. Since I didn't get any online posting done last night, I must do it today or tonight after I visit my friend who went through her first round of chemo last night. My school allowed me to download office 2007 at a great price and I kept getting hung up on my firewalls, etc.. so I didn't post and could barely finish research cause I was falling asleep.
August-Glad you're back, give the squirrels a hug.
Michele-Hang in there. Hugs to you.
Hello Dana. How's life?
Robin-Have fun in Gettysburg.

BBL

Hey August, guess you want be having your banana smoothie anytime soon, huh?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20081017/wl_time/japansgoesbananasforanewdiet

Jennifer - bummer about the test score. You are still doing great!!! How is your friend doing?

Robin - I'd love to have a meet and greet with Michele although I'd have to bring the wild things and Michele does not need them there!!!!! LOL

Michele ~ how are things????

I'm just popping in to say hello. Not too much going on w/me.

Good news on Wendy, she is doing well. Her MIL is a breast cancer survivor and a nurse so she was there too today to lend a helping hand. My friend was happy about the ice cream as an incentive to get better and she appreciated the Vernors and Coke for those days when she needs something to settle her system.
It was a nice visit and I just now finished my assessed questions for class. I was quite timid to post since I wasn't sure exactly what DrO. expected so I took the questions for what they were. Saturday is working on my individual assignment and to send it in for errors by tomorrow night.
Time to go shopping,

:cool: Morning! :cool:

JENNIFER Glad your visit with your friend went well and that she's in very good hands.

DANA I just happened to see that TV program with the celeb doing the banana diet. I should've known it would be the next fad diet here. It did seem pretty good -- eat as many bananas as you want in the morning, and then eat whatever the heck you want for the rest of the day, so long as you stop eating a few hours before bedtime. On the show they showed her waking up in the middle of the night hungry. And apparently when that happens, it's okay to eat a banana.

I don't think I could do it for more than one day. I mean, I love bananas, but come on!

Big hellos to the rest of youse and laters! :D

The banana diet sounds like a farce, the mediterrean diet was ranked the best. I think you can have a banana on that one.
School is stressful today so I'm taking plenty of breaks. My last paper wasn't APA correct and my writing style is not good enough. I will learn.
My sister asked me how school is, I told her stressful and she agreed.
Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Hello everyone!!!

Jennifer - I'm so glad that your friend seems to be doing well. It is so nice that she has you and a loving family for support. Hang in there - I"m sure you just need to brush up on your writing. Keep up the good work!

Aug - I didn't know the whole story about the banana diet. What a joke!!!!! Now if there was a peanut butter diet, I may fall for that!!!

Michele - you live close to Mason don't you? I looked it up on mapquest and if I put in the correct cities, it looks like it is about a 20 minute drive? Why am I asking this you may be wondering??? Well, my DH got invited to go to a racing banquet and it is in OH. If I"m only going to be 20 min from you then we NEED to GTG. Even if it is just for lunch or something - warning: I will have the wildones with me though. LOL Not even sure if we are going, depending on the finances b/c I think it may be a bit too pricey for us. It is on Nov 14-15.

This is the first time I've relaxed all today. This a.m. I cleaned a bit and did laundry, then we had the last soccer game, went directly to Wal-Mart, then I baked a cake and cleaned up a bit more and my friend dropped her 2 kids off at 4:00. Her DD will be 2 in January and what a difference it was to watch a little girl. She was very energetic but definitely different then what I"m used to. It was hysterical b/c I have never changed any diapers except for my boys. I tried to pay her brother to change her diaper but he was not intersted. LOL

Have a great evening and rest of the weekend all!!!!

Hello Dana,
Thanks for the encouragement, I need it. I have 3 more papers to turn in so I can bounce back, it's all part of the learning "process."

Have a Great Sunday.

Jusssss breezing by to say hiya!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend full of bananas, peanut butter and any other "diet" foods like that. :p

:cool::cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.