Small foam roller?

Debinmi

Cathlete
For those of you who have this roller:
Cathe 18 inch Blue Foam Roller
Cathe Friedrich 18 inch Blue Plastic Foam Roller
Is it HARD, or is it soft? I see it has knobbys for trigger points ... is it painful to use?

How does it compare in softness to the longer/orange foam roller?

Hee, Hee, I gotta ask a question too, (hope you don't mind) about the orange foam roller, how soft is it? I think it was said that it's soft, but the description is "high density" and that
usually means harder.

Debinmi, I think the one you have the picture of above would be Hard, but that's just my
take.

I think Cathe mentioned somewhere that the orange one is softer, but yeah, that high density description usually means HARD. My 36" roller (not Cathe's) is rock hard & painful- I pretty much only use it for chest stretch. My 18" one is soft & not a torture device - hee hee. It would be nice to hear specifics on both rollers Cathe sells tho ...

My 36" is "super soft" and I love it. An app I use for rowing workouts, also has some foam
roller strength, mobility, stretch workouts, but he uses a shorter one. I tried doing them with
my long roller, but some things just didn't work too well. Since the super soft didn't come in
an 18", I ordered their "soft density" and I love that one too. I like the look of Cathe's too, but
wonder about the density.

My sister has a short knobby one & I asked to borrow it. I used it today - it's as soft as my short one & I like it - could feel the ridges yet it wasn't painful. I'm thinking of cutting my hard 36 in half to have a half- circular 36 incher - it looks like painted Styrofoam so I think a hack-saw or maybe an electric knife would work. Then I could get a longer soft roller - which could be Cathe's, IF its soft. No more torture devices ;)

That's great you liked hers....I had to laugh when you got into sawing your long in half ! Remember awhile back, when I started on the foam roller journey, and made my "homemade"
one, with a pool noodle & pvc pipe ! LOL! That's long gone...but it did make me realize that
I wanted to get a "real" one ! What we won't do for fitness!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.