Slow & Heavy Series

dlsc

Cathlete
During shoulders the seated overhead press Cathe only does 2 sets of 8. I thought she did 3 sets of 8 on most exercises. I know she only does two sets of ticep dips and two sets of calf raises (with higher reps) I was wondering if anyone else pauses and does a third set, I know I feel like it sometimes.:)

Linda

I'm not sure why she does that. She also does not do the 3rd set on the lunges. I do not feel like doing the 3rd set, because my shoulders are fried by then.

I noticed this too but I've never paused and added another set but I think I will next time. Good idea! Honestly, I often thought I probably did 3 sets and was just confused. LOL!

This series is addicting to me. I could do it all the time. I LOVE IT!

Linda:

I always do a third set. I'm anal about completion and making all body parts rounded out and worked the same!

My shoulders are pretty much fried by 2 sets but I push through a third with a lighter weight. I am seeing wonderful results. I have visible definition in my upper body through using S&H. Nothing else works like this for me.

But the decision whether t odo a third set or not is totally optional. For example, Cathe does push ups after chest and tricep dips after all that tricep work. I do neither. I go as heavy as possible with all exercises and I would simply not be able to do the push ups. I could do the tricep dips, but I reckon after 3 sets of 8 for 3 separate exercises, I've already worked my triceps enough. Also, doing them when I'm that tired, I tend to cheat by lifting myself with lower body muscles rather than triceps alone!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.