slow and heavy

tinytaebo

Could anyone tell me whether or not just doing the slow and heavy's once per week(ie legs and shoulders, chest and back, and bi's and tri's) will provide me toning and definition? If I were to do one tape on Monday, cardio on Tues., another S&H on Wed.,cardio on Thurs., the final S&H on Fri., is this enough for each body part. I guess to put it more simply, is it possible to obtain such results with just doing each body part only once per week. Please forgive my lack of articulation skills, as I have been taking care of my little ones and my husband all deathly ill with a horrible flu. I'm a little bit low on energy and cognitive skills. Thank you Alicia

You can definitely gain muscle doing it this way, but keep your cardio moderate for best results, so your fuel is going to building muscle (don't be afraid of the term, it's just "toning and definition"!) and not to fueling your cardio workouts.
Work hard and heavy when you do the workouts, and get sufficient recovery so you can try to increase weights a bit with almost every workout. Also, I would recommend doing upper body day 1, lower body day 3 and upper body day 5 (maybe putting shoulders with day 5) to give even more recovery to the upper body (that works best for me, but YMMV).

Hi Alicia,

I actually just finished a three week rotation using S&H just once a week. I love the results!!!
This was the first time using them. But I have used other tapes like PS and Pyramids. I hadn't used weights though for a few weeks prior to this due to illness and the holidays.
The first week I didn't lift on consecutive days (M,W,FRI); but the next two weeks I did the tapes on consecutive days(M,T,W). Also on the last week I added ME on Sat.
Also try to go as heavy as you can with the weights... :)
Good luck. You won't be disappointed!

Michelle

Hi Alicia -

I just finished a 3 week rotation with SH and can actually see some improved muscle definition. AND when I did MM yesterday, I increased my weights on everything except shoulders (need work on the strength of those shoulders). Apparently I made strength gains with S&H.

Hey Melody- Did you get leaner in your legs, or would you say that you got more muscular? I tend to get bulky in my legs, I would like to resculpt my body into a leaner version of my short, Italian body. Thanks for any more suggestions. I sure do appreciate your letting me know about your rotation. I will order the DVD right now for my 37th birthday. These are just about the only of Cathe's tapes that I don't have. Thanks again- Alicia

Hi Alicia-

I don't think I can get any leaner in my legs? Got skinny ones! I have noticed some increase in muscle size in legs - DH says so.

I notice you referred to your "short, Italian body", if it helps in your determination I am 5'7" about 118#. You may want to stick to the LB w/o that focus on endurance.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.