Slow and Heavy Series ?

It's excellent!! I've actually got my husband doing the Series. He could tell that I was improving and building muscle and he finally decided to do something. Now, we are working out together!

A very worthwhile series! I think you'll like it if you get it!

It took me awhile to warm up to this series but yes it is a very good workout if you are looking to increse muscle mass (which I like) BUT I normally can't sit still for the min. rest so I normally jump on my rebounder or jog/bike during the "break" and everything works great.

Kim

This is an excellent series and a must have! I alternate this with Cathe's other weight work and the first time I ever saw any definition in my arms was after doing a 3 week rotation of S&H. I think this is a great series to have.

Jo

Ditto what Jo said. This is an excellent series to have. I usually only do S&H for two to three weeks at a time though.

Tammy

This is one of those great plateau busting series. I go back to it quite often..http://smilies.sofrayt.com/sae/dumbbells.gif[/img]...Carole

Yes, I use it often, although at 18 week pregnant, I have decided to "retire" it until I am post partum:-(. I think overall, it is my favorite weight training series (the upper body sections--I actually don't use the leg workout much)

Maggie

I love it. I got it on the road trip and have devised my own rotation doing 2 days of circuit followed by a day of S&H - to keep the strength training in tact. I'm coming up on my last week of S&H and then will switch over to gym styles - and I'm really lamenting the temporary retiring of S&H. In this short time it has grown to be one of my favorites! (Last chest w/o I went 25-20-25 for both presses and flies on both flat and incline surfaces. Never had DOMS like that before. Loved it!)

Lorrie

Do not fret. Heavy is whatever is heavy for you. Ignore whatever anyone else is lifting. Cathe says in her intro spiel that when you first start out you may even have to lower your weight to begin with until you get used to the extra demands that the slow count makes upon your muscles. If you take the momentum out of the move, it is purely muscle that lifts that weight. It is fabulously challenging. After a 2 week period, you will find yourself hitting your stride and wondering to yourself, "hmm, perhaps I could do 15's for chest rather than stick with the 12's as usual." So, you try it out and discover that yes, you can do it and you are suddenly lifting more than you ever have before.

It does not matter if your usual weight for chest presses is 10 pounds in each hand. You will make progress. If you go up from 10's to 12's or even to 15's, you are making as much percentage progress as someone who goes up from her 15's to a new weight of 17 per arm.

No matter what your level, everyone can make use of this series.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.