Slow and Heavy Series still being used?

Linda, now I'm pondering with you... maybe a request to Cathe ... or maybe see if the Fitsplit one could be used as a template.... hmmmmm.... anyone out there have one??? .... ???

I feel like Fitsplit as a template is a starting point but some of the cardio on 4DS are not comparable to Fitsplit cardio. Thinking maybe Fitsplit cardio is more similar to Xtrain?

So I looked at the FitSplit User Guide ... I'm thinking FitSplit & 4DS are too different in their splits to substitute easily.

However. I am thinking about the FitSplit & RWH 1 month rotation for later this year ... just another possibility. Maybe ... it looks hard!

I agree. The more I looked at it, the harder it seemed to duplicate.

I only have a couple of RWH ..(will be adding gradually from my wishlist) but that with Fitsplit would be a challenge!

I chose the Slow and Heavy series to keep me motivated with weight lifting until STS 2.0 comes out. I've never done this series before. Something that really caught my attention today was that Cathe went so light on the back exercises. I even checked the Perfect30 series to make sure I wasn't dreaming. On pullovers doing the S&H she used one 15# Perfect30 two 15# and the one arm row was 30#s. I understand that the count on S&H was 2 down and 6 up which would account for some however that is a huge jump. I'm just curious. It just seems like such an imbalance between Chest (she used weights similar to current) and Back.

I chose the Slow and Heavy series to keep me motivated with weight lifting until STS 2.0 comes out. I've never done this series before. Something that really caught my attention today was that Cathe went so light on the back exercises. I even checked the Perfect30 series to make sure I wasn't dreaming. On pullovers doing the S&H she used one 15# Perfect30 two 15# and the one arm row was 30#s. I understand that the count on S&H was 2 down and 6 up which would account for some however that is a huge jump. I'm just curious. It just seems like such an imbalance between Chest (she used weights similar to current) and Back.
I've noticed in some previous workouts, that Cathe's weight choice is lighter than in her more recent DVDs. I suspect that over the years Cathe (and Cathletes) have become progressively stronger, so the weight choices have understandably increased. My goodness, some of Cathe's weight choices in STS 2.0 are huge & I know I'll have to go lighter. I use the weight that challenges me ...

I've noticed in some previous workouts, that Cathe's weight choice is lighter than in her more recent DVDs. I suspect that over the years Cathe (and Cathletes) have become progressively stronger, so the weight choices have understandably increased. My goodness, some of Cathe's weight choices in STS 2.0 are huge & I know I'll have to go lighter. I use the weight that challenges me ...
Logical conclusion. It just caught my attention because I do mostly Live. Yes I also choose weights that challenge me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.