slippery fitness ball ?

workingToBeFit

Cathlete
Have anyone had problems with a slippery ball? Do they need to be washed or cleaned somehow? I have a 55 cm ball which has served me well for years but lately it seems slippery. I can't hold onto it with my legs (wearing my usual nike workout pants) as my legs often slip off of it and it pops right out, for example when doing a squeeze to work out inner thighs like the one in Cathe's Push Pull dvd. This did not used to happen. If anyone has had this happen and knows a good way to clean it without damaging it or making it worse, please let me know. Or maybe it needs to be replaced. I do tend to sweat and sometimes wear body lotion so maybe that has something to do with this. I am nearly embarrassed to write about this but I really think something about the ball has changed and I am not completely losing my fitness (hope!).

I wipe mine down with a lightly damp rag, your ball may have dust on it which would cause it to get slippery. I especially notice this in the xtrain leg w/o where we squeeze the ball with the inner thighs.

This happened to me a while ago too.....I ended up just getting a new one because mine was losing air too! I was surprised at the stability of the new one. I guess you just get used to your stuff and don't realize its getting worn out and probably smooth! You'll quickly see that the new one has some grip. Nice to know that YOU wore out a piece of exercise equipment huh?! Enjoy ;)

Thank you to all who replied! Yes I guess I must have worn it out! I use it about 5 times a week (no dust on it, that's for sure!), and have had it for years. I am glad you said your new one had some grip as that was something I was wondering about, and I have had this one so long could not recall if it was "grippy" when I got it or not. I may try washing it with some dish soap and see if that helps, but if not, time to get a new one for sure.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.