Slide & Glide disc problem

sacwmartin

Is anyone having problems with the discs, while in the covers, not sliding well on puzzle mat floor? They slide well at first but then the covers keep popping off in the middle of an exercise, very frustrating. They will not slide at all without the covers. Is there something I could spray the covers with? Was thinking maybe Scotch Guard? Also, the covers started fraying & pilling after only one set of slide lunges. I have the standard grey puzzle mats sold at Wal-Mart over hardwood. I suppose if all else fails, I can step out into my foyer on the tile.

Please don't take this as complaining, I love Cathe and all her products, was just wondering if someone else had this issue.

Good Question b/c I have tile and use the gold gym puzzle mats from Walmart. I haven't used the series or the discs so glad you posted this.

I may have to use my tile floors if they are going to do that on puzzle mats :eek:

OH definitely pull up that puzzle mat and use the hardwood floor! with the covers on the discs they should slide quite nicely across the slick hardwood!

Or maybe you could throw a small area rug (5' by 5') over top of the puzzle mats and use the discs without covers?

Stebby

I have the rubber mats as well and put down a 5' x 5' carpet remnant when I need to use the disks. Now that I've tried the workouts, a 5'x 7' remnant or area rug would probably work better because sometimes my carpet piece is just a little too short, but it works.
Paula

Is anyone having problems with the discs, while in the covers, not sliding well on puzzle mat floor? They slide well at first but then the covers keep popping off in the middle of an exercise, very frustrating. They will not slide at all without the covers. Is there something I could spray the covers with? Was thinking maybe Scotch Guard? Also, the covers started fraying & pilling after only one set of slide lunges. I have the standard grey puzzle mats sold at Wal-Mart over hardwood. I suppose if all else fails, I can step out into my foyer on the tile.

Please don't take this as complaining, I love Cathe and all her products, was just wondering if someone else had this issue.

The Black Fabric covers are only made for hardwood and some vinyl floors. They will not work on a rubber floors.

NO type of gliding disc works well on puzzle mats.

An easy 'fix" is to buy a piece of carpet remnant, or use a bath rug when you need to slide and glide.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.