Slanted risers worth getting?

Aquajock

Cathlete
I'm thinking of using the 20% off coupon from the STS Cardio pre-order to get a set of the slanted risers and the instructional DVD that's available on the Shop Cathe site.

Any opinions on how useful they are?

TIA -

A-Jock

Hi Aquajock,

I just recently purchased the slanted risers. I was on the fence for a long time but I'm really glad I got them. They are used quite a bit during STS. I tried to slant my step using my regular risers and nearly killed myself due to the risers slipping. They are a must for rear delt flies on an incline.

Last edited:
Besides creating stability during those moves that call for the slanted bench (not just in STS!), they also help raise the bench a little higher. I didn't have enough risers to get my bench as high as it should be for a lot of STS, but with the 2 slanted risers on one side, I can make up the difference on the other side, and raise my bench to the proper height.

They really are stable, too, when using them for the slanted bench.

Yep, I like them. DH and I are doing STS together, so he is using the weight bench. I used to use the bench for incline stuff but now I can't, so I love having a sturdy option for incline work. I haven't looked at the instructional DVD yet but I think there is a cardio workout on there that seems interesting. I need to check it out sometime.

I love the slanted risers. I also ditched my transfirmer/FIRM box when I got these since I can do incline step as well as all the incline/decline weight work. I also use them for lunges to go easier on my knees.

I think you will find lots of uses for them.

I have them and am glad I do but don't use them as much as I should! I got an incline bench afterwards and that is just much easier but the DVD is fun (easy and short, if I recall correctly but gave me ideas that I would have not thought of on my own.) If you don't have the incline bench, then I would definitely say YES. I also know you are some workout queen with your mish moshes that would kill most human beings :p so you would get aerobic use out of them as well, I am sure.

Hi Aqua Jock,

The slanted risers aren't really necessary, but it does give you a sense of safety and they are more stable. Just for that experience alone (for me) they are worth purchasing.

You won't regret it.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I was thinking the same thing. But I use either the stability ball or my total gym so I probably won't. On the other hand I'm such a Cathe-junkie... so who knows! :p

I love the slanted risers. I also ditched my transfirmer/FIRM box when I got these since I can do incline step as well as all the incline/decline weight work. I also use them for lunges to go easier on my knees.

I think you will find lots of uses for them.

Ditto to loving the slanted risers and ditching the Transfirmer/Firm boxes. I have gotten a lot of use out of my slanted risers. I like the fact that I can use them for an incline/decline bench since I don't have an actual weight bench. I think they are definitely worth the money.

I bought them quite awhile ago and didn't really use them much. But now with the incline weight work with STS I'm really glad I have them. As already stated by others, they're much more stable than using regular risers to create the incline.

You had the exact same idea as me....take full advantage of that coupon!!!! :D

I ordered those slanted risers...and they just arrived today and 20% less!!! Yippee!!!

xx, Denise :)

One more vote in favor...

Annette, I bought the slanted risers but didn't use them until I started STS. I think they're a must-have for STS (unless you have an adjustable weight bench -- which I do, but it is being used by DH).

Anyhow, the added stability and safety makes it so worth having. You just don't want to be slipping and sliding while you're pressing a heavy barbell!

I have to decide what to use my coupon for... decisions, decisions!

I have them and am glad I do but don't use them as much as I should! I got an incline bench afterwards and that is just much easier but the DVD is fun (easy and short, if I recall correctly but gave me ideas that I would have not thought of on my own.) If you don't have the incline bench, then I would definitely say YES. I also know you are some workout queen with your mish moshes that would kill most human beings :p so you would get aerobic use out of them as well, I am sure.

I also got an incline bench and haven't used my long step except for Low Max and such. Love the incline bench!

I have the Reebok step so they're not an option for me unless I want to redo the whole kit. I use a stability ball for the prone rear delt flies, because my step isn't tall enough for that exercise. Otherwise, I'm fine without them. (doesn't mean I won't change my mind in the future)

I totally dig the slanted risers - they are a must for STS. Besides, it's fun to do IMAX II on an angle...(snicker)
Keith

another recomendation

I just got them recently. I wanted more stability for the incline work since I was going to be using more weight and I'm glad I have them. Sooo if you're doing STS strength, I would get them especially if they are 20% off.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.