skinny arms

julia18

Hi everybody.
Just wondering if anyone can give me some pointers or sugestion as to how i can bulk my arms up as i suffer from skinny arms. I have been doing cathes workouts for the last 5 years.
AT THE MOMENT (Rotar )
Drill Max
Butts and Guts
High step Challenge
Kick Max.
I would like my arms more bulky or at least defined, as all the hard work i do never seemes to show ( frustrated ) Hope you can help.

:)

Well, you need to lift some serious weight if you want those arms to get bigger;) All the workouts you're using are circuits or cardio. Do you have any of Cathe's strength training DVDs? STS might be a little ambitious but you could start with a full body workout like Musclemax or Muscle Endurance. The 4DS series has FABULOUS weight work, and the Gym Styles workouts would also go along way towards helping you beef up your arms.

If you have or plan to get STS, Meso 2 is totally awesome. I've done the rotation twice (just finished meso 2 for the 2nd time) and the definition you get during this phase is amazing. I always look in the mirror after I workout just to see the results of my lifting and sometimes, I swear, I just have to laugh. It's amazing. Get it. Awesome results.

Tracy

I second the plug for STS. There is definitely something about Meso 2 that just ...works. Also, I do tend to use heavier weights than the average showing in the workout manager. My arms are defined but not bulky. The best thing ever for getting the three heads of my shoulder defined has been using weighted gloves during kickboxing! Holy moly what a difference that has made! I started with 1lb in each hand and now I'm using 3lb gloves. You have to be very cognizant of form while throwing those punches with weights but it's a heck of a shoulder workout!

AT THE MOMENT (Rotar )
Drill Max
Butts and Guts
High step Challenge
Kick Max

None of those workouts is really upper-body intensive.
Your upper body won't grow unless you work it!

Do you have the pyramid workouts?
Start with adding PUB to your rotation 2x/week
After doing that for several weeks, you might want to go to an upper-body split, to give each muscle group more attention. Something like Gym Styles, for example.

I too am a skinny arm sufferer! STS meso 2 has really bulked me up!!! My biceps measure 8" around. It is not big at all , however I get compliemtns all the time since doing sts that I have great arms and look really strong. Despite their skinnness my arms are ripped and pumped which gives the illusion of them being bigger, pls i am a lot stronger. Before sts I could only curl 8 pounlds. Now I curl 15 pounds!!!! Most tricpes I can do 12 oubds.

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your sugestions, I do have a lots of cathes full body workouts, But at the moment i'm into cardio and circit training, I was doing heavy weights for a long time, mainly spilt body, Pyramid upper and lower, Slow and Heavy and hard core, My full body is Muscle max, Muscle Endurance, Power hour and Maximum Intensity. I have just brought STS Meso 1 and 2 so wish me luck. I will have those bulker bicepts one day.. Lol. :rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.