Skin care regimen...

Tamster

Cathlete
Okay ladies...I need some advice.

My skin is starting to look, well...old. I have been using the same skin care regimen (Clinique) since I was 16 years old.

I'm thinking it's time for a change. So, what works for you? Do you use any at home peels, or microdermabrasion? Or what about your favorite moisturizers? Favorite face cleanser?

Help!

Tammy

If you don't already use a peel or microdermabrasion facial or scrub, that's good to add once a week (or even twice).

One type I particularly like combines a vitamin-C/bicarbonate crystal scrub with an acid peel (that helps break down the vitamin C and infuse it into the skin). Looks like Olay makes one of those now.

Unfortunately, time is against us. I've been slathering on serums (sometimes more than one) and moisturizers, etc., but I'm beginning to notice those nasty lines around the mouth (I guess I have my profession to "thank" for those: I talk too much!)

I am loving the Dr. Weil serum from Origins. I also like the Kinerase C peptide serum. A great cleanser that is really inexpensive is the one from Aveeno, the redness reducing one. THere is also a line out called Agera that is absolutely wonderful!!!! Please let me know if you would like more info on it.
Take care :)

Michele,
That is my favorite sunblock too!!I tried two brands my dermatologist (one was from Skinceuticals and the other was from Skin Medica) gave me, but my skin broke out from each of them. I now use the one by Dermadoctor on my face (I'm on my second tube) and I have never have a problem. I haven't used any of the other products on their website, but I agree, their sunscreen is awesome.

Robin:9

I just started using Arbonne products about a month ago and my skin has never looked better. I use the scrub twice a week and the moisterizer, wash and firming cream every day. It's a little pricey, but like I said, my skin has never looked better.

Katie

I use Arbonne as well and my skin has never looked or felt better either!
Just tonight I decided to use the Lift at night (Vitamin C) and oh my gosh, my face is soooooooo soft!!

When I first started using these products two years ago, I saw results in two days!! I was so impressed I had to sign up to get my products at wholesale and now enjoy sharing with others how to become label readers and to 'save' on their skin care. :)

In fact, the past 5 presidents of the American Modeling Agency use Arbonne! :)

I have recently switched over to Paula's Choice after years of using Clinique. I have oily skin/acne prone and my skin has NEVER looked better. The products are not too harsh(I think the products from Clinique were too harsh and I was stripping my skin). Most of my blemishes are gone and have stayed gone. I am THRILLED with this stuff. She has skin care lines for all types of skin, not just oliy/acne prone skin. I didn't think I would find skin care that I liked to well, as I've used it all over my 35 years. Good luck to you!
Angela
www.paulaschoice.com

Just wanted to jump in and say thanks to everyone for the suggestions as I'm always looking for good skin care product too. I've been using Avon's Anew stuff and find it seems to help (a little, lol) and that I agree sunblock/staying out of the sun is the way to go....

Oh....and Tammy...I've seen you in person, and girl, you look fabuloso!!! :)))

I love Nicholas Perricone's nutritive cleanser and use it as as well as Cetaphil. I also use his moisturizer and creams. I've had such wonderful results with his products that I've actually had a 26 year old make-up artist ask me what moisturizer I use to keep my skin looking so young (she wanted to purchase it for herself). (I will be 46 years old in March.)

I also do microdermabrasion and photolight in a doctor's office and use precription products such as Renova and Tazorac. They definitely keep my wrinkles and age spots at bay as long as I wear my sunscreen.

Robin:9

I've also used Arbonne in the past with good results. Another option is The Serious Skin Care Line from HSN. You can look at products on line and they offer kits at good bargains. They make a lot of Vit C and anti-aging products.

My absoulte favorite line for Skin (and bath/body care, as well as natural deodorants, etc.) is www.Lush.com. They just started opening boutiques in the US and originated in the UK and Canada. They make a product that is a scrub called Angels on Bare Skin that is too die for. I love all of their facial products. They make a really good face cream called AfterLife and one that is for mature/dry skin called Skin's ShangriLa. Love ...love love love Lush and can't say enough about their natural product selection, both in bath bombs, bubble bars and skin care, etc. (No I don't work for them...LOL)

Teresa-

I'm an Arbonne consultant, too!!!

Just out of curiousity, why did you use the lift at night (unless you were going out)??? Or was it the serum you used?? It's a temporary "lift", and only your pillow would see it! LOL!!

I agree with the other Arbonne gals...Nutrimin C, RE9 line is the BOMB! I've even sold the eye cream to former smokers for lines around their mouth...POOF...GONE!!!

MJ

I'm interested in the Arbonne products everyone is talking about. Do you purchase it only through a consultant or order online?

Lorajc,
Is the natural deodorant made by Lush also an antiperspirant or just a deodorant? Have you tried it? That sounds like something I would like to try.

Robin

I use a variety of different things, but one thing I tried recently & have stuck with is vitamin E oil. You can get a jar at your drugstore for less than $10. I put it on every night & that "parchment" look my skin was getting has totally disappeared. Of course it's not great for my pillowcases but WTH, they're replacable. :)

But if you're prone to breakouts you might not want to use it, it's very heavy & will clog pores/cause breakouts if you have that tendency.

If you go to my webpage, you will see where I talk about purchasing at wholesale. Also, if you want a sample, feel free to email me or sign my guest book and I will get one in the mail to you. :)

Michelle (mf545), how does that sunblock smell? My husband hate the SPF smell and won't get near me when I use it. I have yet to find a sunblock that is not greasy AND smells good.

>Michelle (mf545), how does that sunblock smell? My husband
>hate the SPF smell and won't get near me when I use it. I have
>yet to find a sunblock that is not greasy AND smells good.

I use Solé 20 SPF sunblock. It contains no chemical agents, like PABA, but is a zinc-based product (remember when lifeguards used to wear a big white strip of zinc oxide on their noses? Well, it's the same ingredient, but with nanotechnology, it doesn't stay white). It has a very light, almost imperceptible odor (to me, to most people it would probably have NO odor).

The advantage of this kind of block over chemical blocks (aside from avoiding more chemicals on ones skin) is that it starts working right away, instead of you having to put it on 30 minutes before exposure. The disadvantage is you have to reapply after sweating, swimming, washing or towel drying.

I got mine from HSN, but you can also get it at www.sole.com .

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.