SKIING THE EAST

desertambrosia

Cathlete
I may be spending some time on the east coast this Winter. Where do you ski in the east? I have been skiing the Rockies, and Sierra's, also the Canadian Rockies. I've been skiing since I was nine years old. (that's a lotta years) I'm not familiar with eastern ski resorts. Any help appreciated.

I'm not a skier (well, maybe indoors on my NordicTrack :) ) but I can think of 2, in Virginia, there is Massanutten
Resort and Snowshoe Resort in West Va I think.

We've been going to Jiminy Peak in Massachusetts for years. It's nice, has condos you can stay in, as well as night skiing. Okemo in Vermont is also quite nice. It's a huge mountain with some serious black diamonds. We stayed there a few years back. They have an indoor/outdoor pool, large jacuzzis outside and large lodges. No night skiing though. I guess it gets too cold and windy.

Oh, I will near Marble Mountain by February's end. If you come that way, drop me a note! :) I'll make you some anise hot cocoa.
I haven't been (yet, I live in British Columbia - SO many ski spots here), but I hear Sugarloaf & Black Mountain in Maine is really nice.

LOVE this thread and taking note of great suggestions! :)

I live in Massachusetts and haven't been skiing in over 20yrs. So with that said, I loved Jay Peak in Vermont. Unfortunately it's quite a drive and almost on the border of Canada. My brothers go to Attitash and Bretton Woods in North Conway, NH. I've heard good things about Stowe and Killington resorts in VT.

I may be spending some time on the east coast this Winter. Where do you ski in the east? I have been skiing the Rockies, and Sierra's, also the Canadian Rockies. I've been skiing since I was nine years old. (that's a lotta years) I'm not familiar with eastern ski resorts. Any help appreciated.

I'm a fan of Mont Tremblant in Quebec. There are other areas near there as well (Grey Rocks).
It has been some time since I was there, but it was always a great deal.....European flavor with challenging skiing and great prices.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.