Size 12/14 to size 0!

AWESOME WORK!!!!! I have 5 kids also, 2 girls and 3 boys. I think we are the same age, too - 35. I was wondering if you still keep your calories at 1300 for maintenance, or if you ever had to adjust up or down? And, do you have any tips that helped you get your abs lookin' so good? I sometimes have trouble just doing certain ab exercises because mine are so wimpy after 5 pregnancies.

Thanks for sharing so much of your story! This is what truly helps others get motivated, stay motivated, and have hope that they can change and be healthier!

Leisha

Hi Leisha!
Once I met my goal, I added back in calories to a maintainence level (about 1800-2000 for me). One of my earlier posts lists some websites with handy calorie calculators based on one's height/weight/activity level. My abs were wimpy after 5 pregnancies, too. I would do 50 reps every day on one of those abloungers until I got them into shape. Now I do reps every once in a while to keep them toned. I rotate in some bosu workouts, too, which I think are great for the core. I like the ablounger better than crunches, etc. because it supports the back....especially when I was first starting out!

you look great. how much weight lifting are you currently doing? i ask b/c in the begining you did a lot of cardio and it seems like this is not the norm on this board. however i feel like my body does best on more cardio and less weights. do you feel this way?

I would agree...I focused more on cardio because you can't beat that for pure calorie burn. But I know that building and maintaining muscle is a 24 hour calorie burn, too, so I always incorporate weights every other day. I don't lift much, though, compared to others on this site. I do mostly Cathe DVD's and will do a cardio-only workout one day and a cardio/weights the next. I also really like the workouts where the weight portions incorporate some extra movement to keep your heartrate up. Sometimes I will just march in place while doing the reps or do them on a bosu instead of standing still. I try to do workouts/premixes where the weights are in between cardio sections. When I do Kick Punch Crunch, Kickmax, and Kickboxing 4DS, I wear weighted gloves and count that as a "weight" day. It can really make a difference in your arms, shoulders, and back! I have gradually added heavier weights to my workouts as I've gotten stronger. I have good intentions of getting more into weights and spending more time doing them! But I don't want to bulk up so much as stay lean and toned. Cardio is really my favorite, though!

>Hi I'm new here - I read your success story and was terribly
>impressed! I bounced to the end of the thread to read the last
>couple of comments before posting my reply - and came across
>the picture of you with your boys. WOW! That is a motivating
>picture if ever I saw one! I'm currently a 14, down from 16
>and fitting into *some* of my 12s. My goal is to get back down
>to a size 8. I was a 6 for about 12 hours back in 1993 LOL, so
>I'd love to get down to that but I'll settle for 8. Anyway,
>I've been doing a lot of working out since losing the initial
>17 pounds, and I've lost quite a few inches doing various DVDs
>and Cathe's basic Step workout. I've been watching Cathe on
>FiTV and I'm anxious to start adding from her DVD collection
>because she truly kicks butt!
>
>Thanks for the inspiration!
>Trish

Thanks Trish...you're welcome! Congrats on the 17 pounds and best wishes on your goal! I was so excited when I first discovered Cathe, too...her workouts were just what I needed to keep me challenged and losing weight.

Just looking at you and your wonderful boys is so great!

Your story is inspiring and you are now my thinspiration.

I have gone from a size 2 to 4 to a 6 to 8.

I went shopping today and just started crying.

I work out so hard, but evening snacking and sugar are my downfalls.

I very mch prefer cardio to weights. I have a bit of a dread factor on days I do only weights. I just don't feel I've worked out enough unless I do cardio.

Congrats on your weight loss!! You have accomplished a lot and have a lot to be proud of. Like you, I mostly love doing Cathe cardio. I am afraid of bulk (which has happened in the past) and tend to focus on doing Cathe cardio or her weight stuff with lower weight or more of her circuit stuff.

Anyway, I wanted to chime in that you are an inspiration and don't let anyone take that away from you. :)

Good luck with the remodeling. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.