Should I order GS Legs?

mfv3

Cathlete
I'm thinking of ordering GS Legs when I preorder the new DVD's.

What does everyone think of this DVD?

I also have Butts and Guts and Lower Body Blast. How does it compare to these?

Thanks in advance!

I have never liked Butts and Guts. I have yet to do Lower Body Blast so I cannot compare.

However, I have always liked GS legs and when I do my own lower body routine at the gym, it is the standing work from GS legs that I do. I like the twist Cathe gives to the basics in this DVD.

--3 sets of squats, 16 reps, then add bonus burn low ends on to the last set
--2 sets of front lunges with 15, 7, 7, 3, 3 low ends (something like that, I vary mine: burns like hell)
--2 sets of rear lunges with single reps added on, fast pace, burns out the leg nicely
--plie squats, 15 reps, then 2 sets of low ends added on
--deadlifts

The floor work section uses the stability ball and it is excellent. If you are a runner, this is a very useful section to perform. A lot of hip, hamstring and glute work that is tough, focussed and will help prevent running injuries.

Clare

For me, if it's by Cathe, I buy it. You can't go wrong. I really like GS Legs. However, it's been a while since I've done this workout, so it's hard for me to compare. It's in my really like pile though!

BUY IT!!! It is a long leg workout (68 minutes), but it is worth it. It has great premixes, and the second half (floor exercises) of the workout is killer. I always get inner/outer thigh DOMS with this one. Sometimes I just tack on the last section to work areas of the legs that are hard to hit.

I really think that Cathe is the queen of leg workouts...GS Legs is as intense as B&G and Lower body Blast. For me, what makes GS Legs so effective is the floor work IMO.

Add it to your collection

Oh heck ya! One of THE BEST lower body workouts Cathe has every produced IMO (it's my fav actually). The floor work is insane :eek:. I cry like a little baby with all those legs lifts :eek:. Get it, get it, get it. You won't regret it ;)

Natasha

Definitely! This is my favorite of all of the leg workouts. I think it is tougher than Lower Body Blast and most of the others. It is also very flexible where you can do just the standing portion, floor portion or both.

Yes and even yesser! I LOVE GS Legs! The floor work after all the standing legs is absolute torture..you know, the kind we like. ;) I always get supreme DOMS after this one. The calf work is what really puts me under, for some reason. I can barely walk up my stairs afterward. So, yes. Get it!

BUY IT!!! It is a long leg workout (68 minutes), but it is worth it. It has great premixes, and the second half (floor exercises) of the workout is killer. I always get inner/outer thigh DOMS with this one. Sometimes I just tack on the last section to work areas of the legs that are hard to hit.

I really think that Cathe is the queen of leg workouts...GS Legs is as intense as B&G and Lower body Blast. For me, what makes GS Legs so effective is the floor work IMO.

Oh yes! Cathe reigns supreme on lower body work! :D

Awesome!

Thanks so much for all the replies!

I am definitely getting this with my preorder! Can't wait!!!!

I'm going to but in here of you all don't mind! I too have been curious about ordering GSL, but haven't because I don't own a barbell, is it an absolute must or can you substitute dumbbells?

I'm going to but in here of you all don't mind! I too have been curious about ordering GSL, but haven't because I don't own a barbell, is it an absolute must or can you substitute dumbbells?

You can totally sub with dumbbells, which you only need for the standing portion.

Thank you so much! I just watched the clip again and added it to my shopping cart :) it's so difficult to choose new DVD's, they all look awesome!

Watch OUT for the calf work...my calves have been so sore from this that I could barely walk for several days after...good workout though. Tough.

nclncl said:
Watch OUT for the calf work...my calves have been so sore from this that I could barely walk for several days after...good workout though. Tough.

I'm glad to know it's not just me! I swear my calves have hurt so badly after this one, I've cried!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.