Shoes???

avgm1972

Hey everyone, OK I know that this question is going to draw gasps of horror from most everyone who reads it, but I usually do my exercise without shoes on ... this started because when I began doing Cathe DVDs last summer, it was just too hot in my living room to be wearing shoes (if my feet are hot, the rest of me is hot), so I got used to it and the fact that I could really "feel" the step helpes me learn the complex choreography.

Anyway, now I think I know the moves well enough on my older DVDs that I need to go buy some shoes (also, it will probably help absorb shock, right?). So, please give me advice on the best reasonably priced shoes that I can get ... here's the workouts that I do regularly in case it helps ...

Step Blast
Rhythmic Step
KPC
SJP
MIC
Cardio & Weights
Lo Max
Imax, Imax 2, Imax 3
Kick Max

THANKS!!

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra! Wow, no shoes? Yowsa! Well, all feet are created differently but my feet do well with Ryka. No shoe is of any good to anyone without trying it on first. Ryka's are available at Lady Foot Locker.

If you are looking for shoes in general, look for shoes that are either cross trainers or studio shoes for best support while doing step. Mid cut is a better option too. This way you will have better ankle support to go with your lateral support.

Good Luck!

Hey Alexandra,

Just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one who does not wear shoes during workouts. I also do not wear shoes during my workouts because I can feel the step better. I found when I did wear shoes I kept tripping over the step. Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one who does this.

Cindy

Alexandra,

I wear Ryka shoes for all of my exercising. Rhythm II are a great mid cut aerobic shoe and wow are they comfy. I was able the get mine (brand new) from ebay at a great price.

Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.