Shoes For HIIT and Tabata?

Sparkyfox

I have found that my step shoes are not cutting it for the HIIT workouts and especially for CrossFire and To The Max. What types of shoes is everyone wearing? I normally wear Ryka.

I've been having the same problem. I'm half way through the July 2012 rotation that focuses on TTM and CRF. I love the workouts and can do them just fine but the dread factor is my feet cramp up and burn so bad. I saw somewhere that Cathe recommends the Ryka Transpires. I'm trying to save for a pair. I just finished my fall semester and sold back a book to Amazon. Hope that will be enough to cover it. Anyways the Transpires is the route I'm going to try. Can't stand foot pain. Yikes!

I've not been happy with the last few pairs of Rykas that I've bought. I'm using Asics Gel-Intensity 2 ASICS Gel-Intensity® 2 W White/Silver/Magenta - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways. I had the original and they have been my all-time favorite for high impact. I was very happy to see Asics come out with the 2. I wish they had more color versions!

Good luck finding a shoe that works for you. I think our feet are as different as our personalities!

Lisa

I use the regular ones. They told me at Sports Authority that the trail shoes will wear down faster too. I love them for high impact and running. I don't have the latest ones but one version back which are much cheaper right now. The newest version though looks like it has some great shock absorbers added to the heel. Oh, I also splurged on the high impact shoe inserts. Definitely two thumbs up for those!

By the way, I have the blue Ryka transpires that Cathe wore in one of her videos. They are better than the other Rykas I have but I would still not workout in them. They don't feel near as cushioned as the Nike's are. Just my opinion though!

I use the regular ones. They told me at Sports Authority that the trail shoes will wear down faster too. I love them for high impact and running. I don't have the latest ones but one version back which are much cheaper right now. The newest version though looks like it has some great shock absorbers added to the heel. Oh, I also splurged on the high impact shoe inserts. Definitely two thumbs up for those!

By the way, I have the blue Ryka transpires that Cathe wore in one of her videos. They are better than the other Rykas I have but I would still not workout in them. They don't feel near as cushioned as the Nike's are. Just my opinion though!

Thanks for the info. I just ordered a pair!

I don't really like any of the new Ryka's for high impact.

I've not been happy with the last few pairs of Rykas that I've bought. I'm using Asics Gel-Intensity 2 ASICS Gel-Intensity® 2 W White/Silver/Magenta - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways. I had the original and they have been my all-time favorite for high impact. I was very happy to see Asics come out with the 2. I wish they had more color versions!

Good luck finding a shoe that works for you. I think our feet are as different as our personalities!

Lisa

I love Asics Gels in general. You can try them on at Sports Authority. I am also wearing arch support socks, that seems to help.

I would have to replace my sneakers every 3 mo to prevent foot pain until I purchased the Vibram Five Fingers. It takes awhile to get used to them but I will never go back to sneakers, I wear them for everything, wt lifting, cardio, running.

I also use Asics gel shoes. They work excellent. I have to add that I very much need shoes that "soften" impact. I have 12 screws and 2 plates in each of my heels, so I need the right shoes. I do a lot of Plyo and high impact cardio, and I have tried a lot of shoes since the accident. Asics gels have worked the best.

I've been having the same problem. I'm half way through the July 2012 rotation that focuses on TTM and CRF. I love the workouts and can do them just fine but the dread factor is my feet cramp up and burn so bad. I saw somewhere that Cathe recommends the Ryka Transpires. I'm trying to save for a pair. I just finished my fall semester and sold back a book to Amazon. Hope that will be enough to cover it. Anyways the Transpires is the route I'm going to try. Can't stand foot pain. Yikes!
I ordered a pair of Transpires. I'm not impressed. I gave them a test run doing a few of the HiiT moves and the balls of my feet were hurting.

I would have to replace my sneakers every 3 mo to prevent foot pain until I purchased the Vibram Five Fingers. It takes awhile to get used to them but I will never go back to sneakers, I wear them for everything, wt lifting, cardio, running.

I wish my toes were normal, mine are deformed from many, many breaks.:( I want to try vibrams.:(

Lisa
Hello. Thanks for the recommendation. I am unable to find these shoes. I can only seem to locate them for men. Ryka's have gone downhill in quality. Frankly, they suck! I need something for Cathe's Hiit and Tabata workouts! I am hearing that cross fit shoes will do the job. My search continues...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.