Shipping charges (in general)

aqua girl

Cathlete
I just don’t understand shipping charges, I really don’t…I just can’t justify paying almost as much for shipping as the item costs….:(. Anyone else feel the pain too? For example, if I would order the bars,shipping is reasonable, like $22.00 (or at least I think it is reasonable) which is a bigger box and weight a little over 20lbs. But, I was looking at getting a pair of the 5lb weight plates (10lbs) which would be about $24 with discount, but just to ship them would be like $18.00! (Less weight and a lot smaller box). I just can’t do it. & I don’t understand UPS & the charges. Sorry, I just had to vent :)

Yeah, I hear ya ... I think I'm so used to free shipping from Amazon over the past 2+decades that I forget I used to pay for shipping without hesitation prior to Amazon. But not all companies are big like Amazon & cannot absorb the cost. But shipping costs still are a consideration for me...

Yep, it’s a shame….. I am passing on the bars….at least for now…..but I did want to get
the 5 lb set of plates, cause they are so nice…..but yikes…. I guess the 20% off helps with shipping…..wish they were in her Amazon store, they would already be on the way!

I’ve noticed the shipping costs too and didn’t purchase a few items when shipping was close to the price of the item. To be fair, shipping costs have gone up most places and if they haven’t then the extra has been built into product prices.

One thing I’d love to see here is a button to click on to see all the items that ship for free with a $50.00 purchase.

Right now, I'm a super tight budget and it was an investment for me just to purchase the STS 2.0 set. I still have the old STS Turbo Tower and between my Danskin barbell and my barbell from Sandbell, I have to make do with what I've got. At least Cathe shows other options if we don't have certain pieces of equipment. I have bands, loops, tubing, Bowflex adjustable dumbbells, regular dumbbells, a step, lots of risers, a high step, I mean my workout area is practically overflowing with stuff. If I can't go super heavy with my barbell on certain exercises because I'm limited with the weight selection, then so be it. I bought the Sandbell set right before Cathe introduced her STS barbell set. What I like about the sandbell and Danskin plates is that they're soft and they don't clang around like regular barbell plates.

I'll make do with what I have for now... Pure Strength was the 1st weight-lifting series I purchased years ago (thru the CollageVideo Fitness catalog & on VHS). I did it with dumbells for years as I didn't have a barbell. I was only befuddled with the T- bar row excercise but eventually figured I could just substitute Db rows ...

Fortunately in this series Cathe shows all kinds of options/substitutions!

I have the Fit Tower. I went through Cathe’s list of optional gear for the new DVDs. I believe have what I need to easily make this work thanks to all the options provided.

I recently purchased a set of Cathe’s resistance tubing with handles, the door anchor, several resistance bands and loops. I’ve wanted to try these for a while and decided to do so. The timing was good because my tubing, bands and loops need to be replaced anyway.

Once the DVDs arrive I’ll decide whether I need any additional Cathe gear.

I look forward to seeing all the various options and think it will be fun to try the different options over time.

Unfortunately, being in New Zealand, shipping charges can quite often be at least the same or more than the price of the item, even purchasing from Amazon. I went to buy the Cathe socks when they first came out which had free worldwide shipping and I couldn't get them because they weren't shipping to NZ. I don't know if this has changed recently. I also have to factor in the exchange rate. I splurged and bought the Fit Tower when that first came out and a special price was offered, because there was nothing like it available in NZ or Australia. All up including shipping, it cost me about $380 NZD. But shipping is way more expensive now, post Covid.

thru the CollageVideo Fitness catalog
OMG, that’s a blast from the past!!! I used to order & order from CollageVideo and used
to impatiently wait for the next catalog!!! I think I had their telephone number on speed dial!!! :). That was back in the day when Jill was there (remember her?) she was so nice & helpful. I think Collage was how I got started with Cathe…. I have ordered some dvds from the new CollageVideo since, but not too many…

Anyone remember Fitness Wholesale? They had a lot of different equipment, etc. they were in my “contacts” too. I think I am showing my age! :)

Ok somehow I missed out on Fitness wholesale..boo!!

I still order from collage.

Actually, I kept a handful of collage catalogs. They are fun to flip through and I giggle at the scribbled stars beside so many workouts I wanted :D

Yep, Best Buy used to carry a lot of fitness dvds, and we used to have a Sam Goody too, but it was something else before that…but I can’t think what it was…. I think I bought my first VHS fitness tape from that music store, it was aerobics with two cute girls, oh my gosh, re-living the past!!!

I still have some of my Step Reebok tapes!!

I still have step Reebok: the video, power step Reebok and my favorite was the best of step tv with gin miler!

it just hit me! Back in the day at the mall there was a Sam goody store and adjoining it was suncoast motion picture company! This was early 90’s when I was in high school. The first step workout I did was buns of steel with Marsha macro. It was a fun way to stay in shape and cross train during the off-season from track team.

a Sam goody store and adjoining it was suncoast motion picture company!
Yep, I remember Suncoast too!
buns of steel with Marsha macro.
Oh my, I remember Marsha! She was pretty good, I liked her.

I still have step Reebok: the video, power step Reebok and my favorite was the best of step tv with gin miler!
Ditto, got all 3 of those too! The Step Reebok TV half hour show used to come on the TV
like around 5 or 6 AM. I used to get up and do it every time I could....
I think the guy that I liked on it was Robert, he & Gin used to kid back & forth alot and there
was this cute little blond on the show too, Robert was in alot of Gin's Ramping workouts
years later, which, of course, I have. I still enjoy the Ramping workouts.

Did you ever get into Body Electric with Margaret Richards? That's another blast from the
past, that show came on each morning too, on PBS channel. Again, I have tons of
Margaret's dvds too, although I don't do them that often.

Yep, I remember Suncoast too!

Oh my, I remember Marsha! She was pretty good, I liked her.

Ditto, got all 3 of those too! The Step Reebok TV half hour show used to come on the TV
like around 5 or 6 AM. I used to get up and do it every time I could....
I think the guy that I liked on it was Robert, he & Gin used to kid back & forth alot and there
was this cute little blond on the show too, Robert was in alot of Gin's Ramping workouts
years later, which, of course, I have. I still enjoy the Ramping workouts.

Did you ever get into Body Electric with Margaret Richards? That's another blast from the
past, that show came on each morning too, on PBS channel. Again, I have tons of
Margaret's dvds too, although I don't do them that often.
I remember Body Electric! I sing the body electric!! I can't remember the rest of the song, but my mom used to do that on PBS, back in the day she also did Jane Fonda VHS tapes, even the Jane Fonda workouts on records and there was another program on the large record, but I can't remember it. We even went to watch the Crystal Light Aerobics championship tryouts because her aerobics instructor was trying to make the cut. I'm 46, and I also remember in the 80's when I was little, she loved going to aerobics class - the true dancier stuff, large group of women in class, leg warmers, leotards and tights!

I loved the Step TV vhs tape, but I never knew when the actual tv program was on. I think you're right, Robert was the fun guy that wore sunglasses and some crazy jacket in the hip hop segment and I remember the cute little blond girl too! That VHS tape was really fun because it was basic, power and hip hop step. I think I actually copied it onto DVD as well as some of the other Step Reeboks and Denise Austin, I need to find it in my closet and maybe give it a try!

Anyone remember Fitness Wholesale?
I ordered from them too. I think I just recycled my last catalog from them last year.

You ladies are bringing up a lot of old memories. Our 1st VHS was "Addidasize" (sp?) which we purchased from a now-defunk Grants department store. Then some Jane Fonda step VHS. I remember sending away for a CollageVideo catalog from an ad in a Shape magazine .... was hoping it wasn't some kind of scam. This was before there was internet. Was sorry to see the original Collage go out of business. I posted on there regularly with video reviews.

Good ole Grants !!! Man, they had good popcorn (popped there in one of those machines). Yes, I always called in my order to Collage and Cathe used to have a 800 # too, and that’s how I used to order dvds from there too…Cathe had a couple little catalogs too, back in the day. And you could call the 800 # with a question and someone took your name, etc and usually a man called back. OMG, it wouldn’t do for them to have that 800 # now, I would probably be calling every day for one reason or the other!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.