Shelley's I Do Not Know Where to Check In Check-In

melodygirl

Cathlete
Welcome. We hope you enjoy your visit. There are no goals to achieve, nothing to love, nothing to hate, no awesome t-shirts, nothing to confess, nothing to avoid, just a place for Shelley to check in and for each of us to support her.

Morning Shelley! How SPECIAL do YOU feel this morning? My word...you must be the most popular kid on the block! Your very own check-in.... Feeling the pressure of being worshiped yet???? I hope you'll do some mind blowing workout to report!:+ :+ :+ :+

Good mornin Shelley:)

Heck, I'd even vote for changing Presidents day to Limecat day;) Have a rockin Sunday! :D

Oh, by the way, can I pick your brain? I'm just about the finish the X for the first time and I have achieved awesome results. I know you did the same thing. What did you do after the X? Were you able to maintain your results? Are you familiar with the P90 master series? I was wondering if it was worth the purchase to intermingle with the X or not. I'm currently planning on mixing the X with Cathe after I'm done in 2 weeks because I miss her soooooo much. I also don't want to lose my ab definition, but ARX gets a bit boring if you know what I mean. I have AR200 and will use that as well when the X is over. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks!!

Angie
;-)

Hi Angie! Well, here's what I did, and I don't recommend it. I decided that after the X was over, I'd concentrate on cardio for a bit. Big mistake.:p I lost some of what I'd achieved and got a bit flabby:eek: Sooooooo.... I decided that for February, I would try a sort of faux X rotation, in addition to my training for a half-marathon. I even still sometimes do X workouts (when my SO wants to work out with me) and I'm using ARX in addition to the Coremax workouts and whatever ab work comes with other workouts that I'm doing. I'm not being very articulate here. Sorry. Basically, my week looks like this:

M - cardio (not running though)
T - run and abs
W - full body workout (MM, ME, Power Hour, etc.)
T - run and abs
F - legs (sometimes I use Legs and Back and just do the leg exercises)
S - run and abs
S - upper body workout (PUB or CTX upper body split or something like that)

This has been working MUCH better for me as I'm hitting everything twice in the week and I'm noticing better definition and leaning.

Hope that helps!

Oh Sheeeeellllleeeeeeyyyyy, where o where is your rest day? You're gonna wear yourself out, sweetheart. Please take care of yourself.

Thanks Shelley for your input. I think we all want to pour on the cardio after the X because we feel so deprived of a good cardio workout and miss Cathe sooooooo much.

I'm thinking I will do upper body X workouts on M&F, a Cathe upper body on Wed. and maybe do a combo workout on T&Th like drill max, B&G,MM,bootcamp or something similar. I'll leave Saturday open to do whatever the mood hits - like IMAX2 (which I miss terribly) and Sunday off.

I'm thinking that Imax2 will definitely kick my butt. I really think I have lost tons of cardio stamina doing the X. My HR is way up compared to what it was when I started, especially in PlyoX. It kinda urks me, but my body looks so much better that I'll just have to get over it. Did the same thing happen to you too?

Angie

Ooooooh Rooooooooooooooobbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnn:p

I don't schedule rest days. That doesn't mean I don't take them though;)

Angie - so you're schedule will look like this?

M - upper body
T - circuit/full body
W - upper body
T - circuit/full body
F - upper body
S - cardio
S - rest

Do you see the problem there? You can't do all that weight work in a row, girl, you'll kill yourself!!! You need at least a good 48 hours in between, especially if you're doing Cathe UB or the X!!! The classic P90X rotation looks like this:

M - upper body split
T - cardio (plyo)
W - upper body split
T - yoga
F - legs/back
S - cardio
S - rest

Why don't you use that but sub in some Cathe instead of the X, throw an Imax in instead of Plyo X, some cardio instead of yoga, and a KB workout on Saturday? If you want to do a circuit or a full body, do it on Friday or Saturday. Whaddya think?

Yup - you're right. I just don't want to lose my guns but I don't want to keep doing P90X as written either. I want to keep building on my progress. I know, it sounds like I want my cake and eat it too..... I'm just getting too anxious about this and forgot to let my muscles rest and re-build which is just as important as giving them a good workout. Thanks for the reminder.:)

I don't like kick boxing so I'll just put in another cardio instead and forget the circuits if I'm gonna do 3 pure upperbody w/o in the week. I'll probably drop plyo, yoga, and kenpo alltogether. I know I'll probably get some grief from some about dropping yoga, but it's just not my favorite. I HATED recovery week when I had to do yoga twice in one week.x( So, I'll probably do 3 upper body workouts MWF and pure Cathe cardio on TTH and then maybe something different like core syn or an easy Cathe cardio on Sat. Sundays are always off for me.

I guess if that doesn't work out for me, I'll just re-do P90X since it does work and I am so result driven right now. I just want to be ultra fit this summer and wear my 2 piece bathing suit with pride.

Thanks for keeping me grounded.;)

Angie

Wanna know a secret? I did Yoga X in its entirety exactly... ONCE! And I did half of it another time. I just ended up replacing it with cardio. I really don't like yoga and every time I do it, I have awful pain in my neck for days!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.