Sharon Twombly's new Step DVD

fitnessluvr

Cathlete
Has anyone received this? What do you think about it? I have her All Body Attack and I like the workout, but I do NOT like the music. I looked at the clip on the Collage Video website and it looks very tempting....

I have all of Sharon's workouts. This is different because is not a circuit like All Body Cardio or All Body Attack. Is all cadio with a bonus stability ball workout 22 minutes long. It has several pre-mixes. I did this workout yesterday and is a lot fun, no mambo cha-chas is Athletic Step Jam so the name is appropriate. The intensity is up there like the other ones but it can be easely modified. I personally loved it. IMHO this workout is a keeper.

Running Times:
warm-up 9 minutes
Cardio - 58.5 minutes
cool down 3 minutes
Abs 8.5 minutes
stretch 3 minutes
Stability ball - 22 minutes

It has five pre-mixes and the regular workout.

Like Logos said, this is different than All Body Cardio and All Body Attack, since it isn't a circuit workout.

It is definitely athletic. I have done it several times in the last few days. I really like it quite a bit. The cardio section is about 69 minutes, which includes the WU.She does one combo followed by an athletic section, then puts them together for one jam session. She has three jam (combo) sessions. I thought the music was okay.

The stability ball section was quite good, also. I really felt it in my arms and in my core and my inner thighs. She does alot with the ball between the thighs (while standing). Of course, her ab workout is always good. She did a couple of new moves, since her last workout.

It is definitely a keeper for me.

Cheryl

I bought this thinking I'd be trading it away because I like complex choreography but this one is a keeper for me. I liked the choreography and was really glad there weren't any endless knee repeaters. There was a hamstring repeater around the step and a couple of turns but otherwise the choreography is easy to pick up. The second combo reminded me a little of the 9th blast in IMAX 2 with the plyo squats across the step and Sharon did them with a karate chop and before that there were a bunch of lunges off the step. The ab section was good - she did a lot of crunches with split legs. I previewed the ball workout which looked good. My heartrate didn't get quite as high as the IMAXes but got real close. This was a real calorie burner for me (556 calories); I did everything but the ball section.

Marcy

I wasn't going to order this, but now y'all are making me want it! I have All Body Attack and like it, but I'm doing more kettlebell work, so I haven't done it in a while. This would be great for cardio days.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.