Shall we start the countdown?

Three weeks from tonight, I will be going crazy wondering if I packed every thing. Even if I pack early, I will be be fretting that I forgot something. No worries though really, because even if I forget something, I know I'm going to have a great time. So excited. Can't wait.

Jean

I am so nervous that I'm not the least bit excited :-( I am missing out on the fun of anticipation. Anyone else feeling extreme jitters?

Susan

I'm stressed too!

I can't stop worrying about what I'm going to wear for the workouts. The pj bottoms and oversize, ragged tee-shirts I'm used to just aren't going to fly and I'm too fat for the cute workout clothes.

Nervous? Hell yeah!

Hi Susan,

((HUGS))!! I promise you from the bottom of my Cathlete heart that you have nothing to be nervous about! We've all been there- first time road tripper stuck in overload mode! So many new people, live workouts, CATHE! Can you keep up? Will everything go well? Did you pack enough clothes? yadda yadda.... i swear- none of it really matters. There is absolutely no pressure on these trips! We do what we can, when we can. Cathe fosters an environment where you feel welcomed, accepted, supported and EMPOWERED! You will leave Chicago with so many new friends... in fact... "hi, I'm Jenn... nice to meet ya!" :D

I am so nervous that I'm not the least bit excited :-( I am missing out on the fun of anticipation. Anyone else feeling extreme jitters?

Susan

If you wanna wear your oversized Tshirts and PJ bottoms... then bring it girl! You wear whatever you feel comfortable in :) We don't judge.... hell, i've shown up in a minnie mouse costume (hey it was disney what can I say!) :p

I can't stop worrying about what I'm going to wear for the workouts. The pj bottoms and oversize, ragged tee-shirts I'm used to just aren't going to fly and I'm too fat for the cute workout clothes.

Nervous? Hell yeah!

Hi Susan,

((HUGS))!! I promise you from the bottom of my Cathlete heart that you have nothing to be nervous about! We've all been there- first time road tripper stuck in overload mode! So many new people, live workouts, CATHE! Can you keep up? Will everything go well? Did you pack enough clothes? yadda yadda.... i swear- none of it really matters. There is absolutely no pressure on these trips! We do what we can, when we can. Cathe fosters an environment where you feel welcomed, accepted, supported and EMPOWERED! You will leave Chicago with so many new friends... in fact... "hi, I'm Jenn... nice to meet ya!" :D

Thanks Jenn... everyone has been so welcoming already. It's amazing. So, what do people usually wear to the dinners? Do they wear jeans/skirts? I have no idea what to bring. :confused:

Honestly- everyone just wears whatever they're comfy in. It ranges from jeans, tanks and flip flops all the way to dresses and fancy sandals :) I usually go for jeans or shorts and pick a t or tank with some added pizzazz.

Count Down!!!! countdowncountdowncountdown!!!! So excited.

Yes, jeans/skirts/capris/shorts all are welcomed. Take a look at the photos from past trips. Anything goes, and goes well. We're there to have fun. And that we do well.

For workouts, again anything goes. There are Tshirts and tanks, shorts, long and in between, cute stuff and then my stuff LOL I'm a shorts and tank type of gal. Be yourself, be comfortable.

Count Down baby!!! Hey Jenn, I'm Melissa Can't wait to see your face.
Can't WAIT to see you all.

Lobby party on Thursday if you're in....all are welcome. Come down and let's get it started. I'll be in the Cathlete shirt. ;)

Definitely a count down... I'm oh so very excited and nervous all at the same time.

I can't wait to meet Cathe and other Cathe fans. I'm on the shy side so I'll have to try and come out of my shell a little that weekend.

Brenda

Definitely a count down... I'm oh so very excited and nervous all at the same time.

I can't wait to meet Cathe and other Cathe fans. I'm on the shy side so I'll have to try and come out of my shell a little that weekend.

Brenda

Brenda, and anyone else who is on the shy side - You will not only come out of your shell, your shell will broken! The friendliness, the energy, the excitement, the nervousness will all be worth it. Take it from me, I am a road trip junky. Can't wait to get my fix.

Jean

Susan
Susan,
This is my very first road trip. Ive been a Cathe fan for years. Im mostly nervous because Im fearful Im not going to be able to keep up with everyone!! LOL! My daughter is coming as well and we will be sweating together, though she has 25 years on me and is far fitter and much less clumsy. I have two artificial hips and knee pins so I worry that Ill have to do a lot of modifications (much like I do at home with my Cathe DVDs). I'll probably be one of the oldest broads in the bunch (I'm 56) so look for me and we can be nervous toether! I guess if all else fails, I can march in place and laugh until Im blue, right?
See you in a few weeks,
Lynn

Susan,
This is my very first road trip. Ive been a Cathe fan for years. Im mostly nervous because Im fearful Im not going to be able to keep up with everyone!! LOL! My daughter is coming as well and we will be sweating together, though she has 25 years on me and is far fitter and much less clumsy. I have two artificial hips and knee pins so I worry that Ill have to do a lot of modifications (much like I do at home with my Cathe DVDs). I'll probably be one of the oldest broads in the bunch (I'm 56) so look for me and we can be nervous toether! I guess if all else fails, I can march in place and laugh until Im blue, right?
See you in a few weeks,
Lynn

Hi Lynn,

That is super you are going with your daughter. I hope to go with my daughters one day, they are 7 and 9, so we have a bit of time :) I saw you post in another forum that you are form IL. Me too, I live in South Elgin, which is near Elgin and St. Charles if you aren't familiar with that area. There are a few of us from Illinois going to this road trip!

Susan

I just wanted to pop in and send calming cyber hugs to all that are stressing over the RT. I hope you're feeling better by now. :D What you wear really doesn't matter.

Susan, I think I'll be wearing jeans Saturday night for the dinner and reception and will probably wear long comfy wo pants on Friday night that will work for the stretch class as well. Just to give you some ideas. :) Relax. I hate that you're feeling so stressed.

Lynn, I promise you won't be the only one taking breaks. :eek: I'm sure I'll be sneaking a breath or two myself. There are several of us that are over 50 going so you'll fit right in. :D I'm 53 getting closer to 54 every day. LOL I look forward to meeting you.

What they said!

I completely understand about being nervous, shy, and all of that. I went to my first RT in New Jersey not knowing a single person -- not even having an online connection with anyone, really. It was a huge thing for me to leap out of my comfort zone and do something like that, but it was something I had been wanting to do since I learned about the RTs a few years before that. This will be my third trip now.

Take a few deep breaths and relax. I assure you that you will feel welcome immediately -- there are no strangers on a RT! And don't be surprised if you connect with people from all over the country (and maybe the world) who will become lifelong friends. And I say that with no exaggeration.

Jump in and enjoy the ride because the weekend will just fly by! See you all soon:cool:.

Just piping in with the others to tell you not to worry! We all have fitness & our love of Cathe in common. That is what brings us together and makes us all feel like part of the group.

We're all diff ages, (60 for me soon!) shapes, fitness levels, and we wear whatever makes us feel comfy. There is no dress code at all...you will see anything from shorts, tennis shoes, dresses, capris, jeans, just whatever!

I promise your jitters will be gone as soon as you meet all these special people. (Well, some of us are kind of KOOKIE & NUTS! Ha! J/K! well, maybe not! :eek:)

Come planning to have a great time and leaving with a whole new set of friends! Come say hi to me. I can't wait to meet all you new RTers! (And, to see all the ole timers! :p)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.