Shaklee Vitamin Results after use

pgun

Cathlete
I was wondering about the results that you got from using the Shaklee vitamins. Were they all good? I want to try but they are sooo expensive, I would like feed back before I actually commit.

Thanks

Penny

Hey ladies! I know I've talked to quite a few of you on the phone, so I know how they are working for you, but put it in your own words for others to read. Tell Penny and any others that want to know about your results. Thanks!

I have been taking the Alfalfa Complex & Joint Health Complex for a pain that I have in my hip that made it hard to go upstairs, which is really bad because I have stairs all over my house. I have been taking them for about a month now & the pain is about all gone in my hip. As a side note, I noticed that the pain that I was having on the top part of my foot is MUCH better. It was so bad that I had to take pain pills (Aleeve) at night because it would hurt bad just laying in bed. It couldn't have hurt worse if I had broken it. Now I don't need to take the pain pills at night.
I am 60 yrs. old. Ever since menopause I have had hip aches, knee pains - then the foot pain that just wouldn't go away until I started taking the Alfalfa & Joint Health Complex. A couple of days ago I had been on my feet a lot from unpacking from moving & I had a dull ache in my hip that felt like men. cramps & I took 3 of the Alfalfa & it the pain was gone in no time.
I think that they have diffently helped me!

I started on the "Foundation" (Basics incl. Multivitamin, Iron, C, B & E as well as the Soy Protein) only a few days ago, so can only talk about "short term effects" of the vitamins for me.

I was kind of sceptical in the beginning, because I had tried other vitamins before and quite frankly, I think I had wasted my money. It always kind of bothered me, that most of the vitamins had 1500 % of the RDA of some vitamins and only 5 or 7 % of other vitamins / minerals. What I really liked about Shaklee was that they didn't have those "imbalanced" ratios, so I thought I give it a try.

I also have to say that I am an extreme case. My health had been deteriorating over the last two years, with chronic fatique syndrome, meniere's disease/vertigo, dizziness, panic attacks, colds, chronic sinus infections, joint problems, you name it. I had been on all kinds of medications and vitamins/supplements that were prescribed by doctors. I was at a point that I thought I had some kind of disease that noone knew about yet, because none of the medications or vitamins and supplements that were prescribed, helped. Cathe workouts were just not possible anymore, due to lack of energy, etc.
To make a long story short, I finally got diagnosed with the real culprit (I had a tooth pulled about 2.5 years ago, and the dentist didn't tell me that he left a large hole going up to my sinuses, so bacteria was going back and forth between my mouth and sinuses, slowly effecting every area of my body and my immune system).

I started the Shaklee's vitamins last Monday or Tuesday, within a couple of days, I actually was able to work out again to Cathe (did 40 min Rythmic Step, 45 min Cardio Kicks and Pilates last week)which I hadn't done in the last several months. Within 3 days of taking the "Foundations", I felt more alert and the tiredness was actually manageable, and I haven't had any vertigo or panic attacks in that week (whereas before I had it 2 to 4 times per week). This may not sound like a lot of improvement to many of you, but it was HUGE for me. I would lie if I said my life changed from one day to another and all my health problems were gone based on those vitamins but what I can say, is, that I can feel a positive difference so far. I want to add that I am not on any other medication, and that my first surgery will come up on August 10.

I know Shaklee is not "cheap" , but quite frankly you will have to pay for quality. Anyone of us on this forum knows that Cathe DVDs/Videos are not "cheap", you can get a lot of so-called exercise videos for a lot less than Cathe videos, but there is a reason why we all are willing to pay more for Cathe workouts.

One week is a very short period of time, but so far, I am very pleased with the results that I got with Shaklee's vitamins. I would suggest that you also talk to Robin (robin4health) about your special requirements, she is very knowledgable and helpful.

I will keep you posted on any further progress. Sorry it was so long-winded, but I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!! :) :) :) :7

Carola

I have been using Basic and Joint Complex for about 1 month. I am a person that normally don't take any pills, no matter prescrition or over the counter, because I don't feel they had much effect for my recovery. I would rather let my body recovers itself.

For two years, I felt so drain, out of energy. I thought it was my second preganancy, it would get over after baby was born. But when baby was born, I was so tired getting up twice very night. Sometimes I have to get up every hour or standup all night long because he was teething. This Mar I started workout using Cathe videos. I thought workout would give me strength like I did before. But I still felt tire. Since I incorporated Cathe's weight workout, trying to push to the limited, it made me DOM and tired all day. After I saw the thread talking about Shaklee, I started to use Basic (I did not use Foundation)because I still have half case of organic Silk Soy Milk left. So I took one strip everyday as it said. I noticed the result right away. I don't feel sleepy after 1:00pm. I used to drink one cup (60z) of coffee in the morning to keep me awake. Now I don't drink coffee. I drink a couple cups of green tea after 1:00pm. And I could not fall into sleep for a few nights. I thought it was due to my routine changes until I saw Robin post that Vitamin B2 might keep you awake if you take it too late. Now I really appreciate Shaklee Vitamin. I had taken B2 or B complex before, I never experience such awake thing. Now, I make sure I take Vitamin B before 8:00pm.

I took Joint Complex 3 times per day. I still feel pain in my joint area. But at least I can wear heel shoe walking without feeling pain. I took Schiffe Brand before. It did not help at all. I am going to see my therapist this Thursday to find out if it is joint problem or something else.

I am planing to buy Kids Vitamin for my kids. Especially my older daughter, she is 7 year old. A very picky eater. She is figure skater. With her training going on every day, I would like her to get enough nutrition to keep her healthy.

Hope this help.

WantFit

OH, I am so happy you are sharing your stories! Like I said, I have been talking to you all and I know how you are doing, but it means a lot more coming from you all!

~Carola - Thank you for sharing your story. I had no idea that it was helping you with all of that! I'm so glad you wrote!

~WantFit - Thank you for sharing your story too! You will have to let me know what the therapist says on Thurday about your knee!

***I'm going to put a link to the orginal post about Shaklee here. Some people are emailing me with questions about these vitamins. I'll link the post, so maybe you can read that and hopefully many of your questions will be answered! The Post is called: "Help, Vitamins Have you heard of these?"

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=176966&mesg_id=176966&listing_type=search

If your questions are not answered there, or want specific info,feel free to email me at [email protected] and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

Hi Penny! I started taking the vitamins about a week ago & already have seen more energy than before. I also became a member in order to get the discounted price. Try it you definitely won't be sorry!! Kathy:D

Okay now I am too curious, what is the diffeence between these and other vitamins that make them so dramatically different. I too struggle with getting easily run down and would love a "miracle cure".

Skye

Hi Skye. They are not a miracle cure. The reason these are different is because they are made from organic, whole foods, are not processed in chemicals/heat (which destroys the enzymes and your body does not absorb vitamins unless it has the enzymes to go with it) and they actually dissolve in your system.
There is nothing "magical" about these. They just actually deliver the vitamins into your blood stream, where others do not. Check out the original post called "Help Vitamins have you heard of these?" There is a LOT of info on there about why/how they are different. Here is the link to that post:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=176966&mesg_id=176966&listing_type=search

If you have any more questions or want some more info on these, feel free to email me at [email protected] and I'll get ya some more info!

Thanks Robin, I really may give them a shot, I read the original thread a while back and have been curious since. Money is a bit tight right now but will get them first chance I can.
Thanks again,
Skye

Hi Penny, I have been using the basic essentials (I think that is the name) for less than a month. I would say I am 90% religious in taking the full strip in one day. I feel better on the vitamins. I will try to explain how I feel - Maybe when you are dehydrated and you finally drink a bunch of water and your body feels it. Like you feel a healthy feel. I feel that a lot. I did buy the protein powder and have not been using it. I plan to but I already know I can't afford the powder with the vitamins a month. My main beverage is water and I can't seem to want to mix cholcolate powder with water. It has 110 calories per serving (I think) which is another reason I have not been using it yet.

I am going to committ to the vitamins for 6 months and I will determine if I want to continue. So far so good. This is the most religious I have been in taking vitamins in all my 33 years so that should tell you something. Before these I would try to take a multi-vitamin and that would last a day or so.

Winter

I ordered the multi-vit, b,c and some other goodies. We used Shaklee products before children (ACK! 20 yrs. ago!). They are wonderful quality. Glad to have found you, Robin!
Valerie:)

Hi Skye. I'm not Winter, but I can tell you how much it costs. The Basic Strips (which is 2 Vita-Lea (multivitamin), 2 B-complex, 1 E, & 1 C) comes out to $33.95 at member price and $39.95 at non-member price. It basically comes out to $1/day. You can read more about them at this link:
http://www.shaklee.net/robin_walker/product/20206

I know that sounds like a lot. That is exactly what I thought when I first bought them. Shaklee has a satisfaction guarentee, that if after trying them for a month you were not impressed,you get 100% of your money back. When I started, I went the the Essential Foundations (which is the Basics + Energizing Soy Protein), and I was going to try it and I was going to get my money back at the end of the month. (I was very skeptical that I would feel any different on these vitamins. I have taken vitamins my whole life and never noticed a difference). To make a long story short, I noticed a BIG difference in about 2 days in my overall energy level and I began to workout again to Cathe.

I had to sit down with my hubby and discuss how I could take these every month, because I loved feeling like my old self again (and he liked it too!) and what we came up with is that we do not go out to eat the first weekend of every month. This pays for my vitamins.

By becoming a member, I also offer insentives on earning some free products (by listening to informative CD's on different topics for example).

Anyway, check out the link and see what you think!

Thanks Skye! If you click on my profile and see a larger picture of her, you will see that she will probably need braces some day!! LOL! I think it is cute now, but I think she inherited my gap between my front teeth! Oh well, she'll be able to squirt water between her two front teeth, just like mommy!

Oh I did, I had to see the grin up close!!! Soo cute. I love looking at everyone pictures. Well if she does need braces they are so much easier now a days. The he!! we went through years ago was torture.
:7

Hi! This is an amazing herb! Alfalfa! I have 5 children.

My oldest child had allergies, needed extra calcuim, was frequently catching "colds and flu"..and had some problems with attention Deficit Disorder...so I put him on the alfalfa.

My 10 year old had HORRIBLE allergies, needed help in losing a few pounds, needed engergy, needed more calcuim, because he is a very picky eater!He needed to boost his immune system because he was getting colds ALL the time...so I put him on the Alfalfa.

My 8 year old needed more calcuim, needed help losing a few pounds, needed more energy, needed to boost her immune system because she was getting colds ALL the time...so I put her on the Alfalfa.

My 3 year old would get an ear infection EVERY time he caught a cold. He even had an allergic reaction one time from the "antiboitics" and had to be rushed to the emergency room! He was getting sick ALL the time. Has allergies too! He needed a boost in his immune system. He also needed the calcuim for his bones and teeth because he is a picky eater....so I put him on the alfalfa (he has no problem swallowing the pills at all!) I taught him to swallow pills using tic-tacs.

My 2 year old gets sick frequently from the church nursery. She was usually the one that would bring in the colds and "pass" them around to everyone else. She also needed the boost in her immune system....and needed the calcuim for her bones and teeth...so I put her on the alfalfa...(I crush the herbs and put it in juice or milk and she takes it no problem) She even says "Thankyou" every time I give her a dose because she likes it!

Being a mom of all of these "little lambs" I was fighting much STRESS, FATIGUE...I also had developed an irregular heartbeat. I had allergies, needed a boost in my immune system also to fight all of the colds that seem to "go around"...so I went on the alfalfa.

My husband fights "heartburn"....needed help normalizing his weight, needed strength and stamina, needed MORE energy, as he is self employed in the Lawn and Landscaping/snow removal business and being self imployed is LONG hours!....so he has gone on the alfalfa.
This herb is truly amazing and I stand behind it 100%. It has truly made a HUGE difference in our daily lives!

I know they are expensive. But I find it well worth the expense to have my family healthy, and for their mom to have energy is a HUGE plus for them! IT IS WORTH EVERY DOLLAR!!!

Holy Cow! (Literally! LOL!!). That is absolutely amazing you got all those results from Alfalfa! It is a powerful supplement, that is for sure. I don't know if you know this, but a few years back, Shaklee actually did not sell Alfalfa for 6 months. There was an acid rain on the alfalfa crop and it didn't meet their standards when they tested it. All other companies still sold Alfalfa, but Shaklee did not. I thought that was pretty cool. They put safety over profit, and not many companies do that!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.