Sexy Moms of New Babies hit it hard in 2010!!!

buneck (I keep forgetting how to spell this...what's your name, again?)~ I got kicbox surge when pg & haven't been brave enough to try it yet. How is it? Is it as intense as her other kickboxing workouts? I want to try it really soon b/c I LOVE Amy Bento!!!

Cathy~ thanks for all your kind & inspiring words! It's so kind of you to come over here for inspiration. :)

Jen~ your doing great w/bfing. Keep it up. I know you already know this...but just a reminder to reconsitute formula before mixing it with breastmilk. There have been several reports of kidney failure in babies when parents used breastmilk (instead of water) to reconsitute the formula.

Susan~ good job on workout!!! ...and looks like you're at a good start for clean eating. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!!! You're to modest to say anything......but our precious Susan had a BIRTHDAY YESETERDAY!!!!

My babies are growing. Myranda is almost 7 lbs & Madalynn is almost 8 lbs. With them being so small, their bellies aren't big enough to hold enough milk for more than a few hours. They each are feeding 3-4 times at night time. It's really not that bad since DH changes their diapers and switches them out throughout the night for me. The challenge comes in when they decide not to fall asleep right after eating (or get crabby). Thank God that doesn't happen much.

B: steak & eggs
S: coffee & nuts
L: tuna & salad & Diet pop
S: protein smoothie
D: chix stirfry (no rice) & milk
S: protein smoothie & beef jerky

Today's Workout: kickboxing ...I will try to add a resistance workout (3T) as a second workout if able

Hi ladies
It's been soo long since my last post. My baby is a month old today and he is so big, he must weight like 9 pounds, I think. I have been working hard on losing the baby weight. Oh boy, I get back to work in less than 2 weeks and nothing really fits right, besides the maternity clothes. Yesterday I did cardio fusion and today I did Tone it up from the Slim Series. Never tried those before, has anybody heard of those?

Jen, I didn't know you can actually mix BM and formula. I think I'm producing enough milk right now but I'm afraid it may slow down when I get back to work

Susan, HAPPY B-DAY!! I hope you enjoyed your day

Melanie, how is your dad feeling?

Waves to everyone

Hi Prescilla! Two weeks? YIKES. Time goes by so darn fast, doesn't it? I've heard of Slim Series (informercial junkie here)....but have never tried them. Did you like it?

Has anyone tried Jillian? A friend of mine said she's really tough. I'm so biased against things sold at "retail" exercise-wise for fear that it'd be too easy. Am I a snob? :p

Evening ladies
Melanie-I have a couple of Jillian's vids and don't really like them. Want me to send them to you..I would be more than happy to. I will post in the morning the ones I have ok.
Haley is in bed and Kara and dh are "talking". She has been staying up more and more during the day...so Im hoping her nights get better and better. She is talking and smiling/laughing all the time. I just love her!
Eating was so/so today. Could of been a little better, but for sure could of been worse!
Pricilla-thanks for the happy birthday! I can't believe your boy is a month
Jen-did you get your workout in??
Dawn-did MOrgan go down good again tonight??
HI Christine, Allison, bunkek
See you in the morning!

one hand typing. hate my jillian videos i f anyone wants them, she is mean and rude and leads to knee injuries... just sayin...
have not posted in a while . i am having a hard time adn not feeling very posiive adn do not want it to be contagious...
i am going to see doc in a few weeks, i think i might need antidepressants.

Christine~

Glad to hear from you. I appreciate your (and Susans) opinion on Jillian....it sounds like my intuition is right on track.

Don't feel like a failure about the depression. You are going through a tremendous amount of change (more than you bargined for) and your hormones are still all over the place. When I decided to use an antidepressant for SAD (seasonal affective disorder)...my deciding factor was KNOWING that I was not the mother/wife my family needed b/c my emotions were getting in the way.

I am empathetic about your lack of posts (although we'd love to hear from you more). When I was in the hospital and going through a really rough time...the last thing I wanted to do was post & bring people "down". But we really do care, Christine. We're hear for you any time. Feel free to send me a PM too, k?

Waves to all!

Good morning ladies! I never tried Jillian's videos either. I previewed them one time and just wasn't interested in them. Cathe has such a wide variety in her videos that I was satisfied with that. Thanks for the honest input Christine!

Christine- I also second what Melanie said. Just know that we are here to support each other without any judgement. And trust me, you don't bring us down. We are all women, human and mothers and I think it is so very important for us to support each other whether it is good or bad. You do have alot on your plate and your hormones are still all over the place. You are a great mother/wife and sometimes antidepressants can help get those chemicals right in your body again. BIG BIG HUGS to you!

Priscila- I'm still making a fair amount of milk (and I've noticed an increase since I started eating oatmeal everyday) but we started adding the formula to see how his little belly would handle it too. He seems to be accepting it pretty good however we have been using Enfamil Gentlease at the suggestion of a friend so maybe that's why?? I am honest enough with myself to know that I am not going to breastfeed/pump for much longer than a few more months (if I make it that long) so I thought it wouldn't hurt for him to start taking some formula. He is still getting most of my milk so I am very happy with that. Two weeks?? UGH! Is Daniel going to daycare or staying with family?

Susan- YES! DH had James down for a nap and was just finishing his workout so I hopped on the TM, just me and Coach Sean! My lungs were burning a little bit (didn't do that the last two times) so I am wondering if it is the weather we are having here (VERY cold for FL) combined with our heat running much more and hoping its not a cold brewing. I keep complaining to DH about my belly/muffin top so he says "Do something about it" so then I can throw back "Ok well hang out with James while I workout." Hee hee.... James is starting to smile/laugh more and try to "talk" with us. It is so fun! Happy belated birthday!

Melanie- It never even crossed my mind to mix the formula with the BM and not water. I had never heard of that until I googled it. Thanks for the tip though. I'm so glad the girls are growing and doing well. You are doing a great job BFing the twins. I am still in awe at how you do it all. :)

Dawn- How is Morgan doing at night? Is the warm crib helping or have you had to try something new?

DH went on a fishing trip today. He will be gone ALL day (like 10-12 hours). So it's just me and the kids today. Doubt I will get a workout in (let alone a shower)......I'm still wondering how I'm going to eat breakfast. lol

I got the vitamuffin order in mail yesterday. I tried a sugar free velvety chocolate one last night....and it was DELICIOUS!!! It was filling too, I didn't feel like I needed another snack last night. :)

What is everyone planning today? I'd love to hear about YOUR workouts. :)

Oh, and I'm down another 2 pounds! Yahoo!!! :D :D

1 hour on elliptical! Im a sweaty mess..love it!
Melanie-I really want to try the muffins!!! Are sugar alcohols artificial or natural? lol Have fun iwth the kids!! Excellent on the 2 pounds!!

Jen-glad you got your workout in! Keep up the good work..you deserve your workout time! I hope youre not getting sick! Kara is "talking" too..its just too cute!

Christine-Mel and Jen are right! I admire someone who can admit they need help....depression is not fun! You have been through so much the past few months. This will all be behind you soon! We are here for you..good or bad!

Hi Dawn, Pricalla, Allison (where you been girl)

Off for a quick shower...bbl

Mel-yes I listen to music. Today I was a mix of oldies from my teens....Kool and the Gang, Micheal Jackson and Rod Stewart!
How is it going with the kids? Kara is up ready to roll!

This morning was pretty rough. Both gals were fussy. I spend alot of time holding baby A, while baby B screamed....then holding baby B while baby A screamed! lol The joys of twins!!! They did eventually both go to sleep in the early afternoon....so I was able to clean up & make lunch for DS#3.

Then I took advantage of the situation to do Turbo Jam's Punch, Kick & Jam. It was alot of fun. The girls were still sleeping after that....so I hung out with Jadon, vaccuumed the entire house & just cleaned up.

DS#1 came home with two teenage boys to spend night....so I made a hefty spagetti meal......then DH came home. :D The day went by very quickly.

Of course I didn't tell DH that I already worked out....so I had DH watch the kiddos while I worked out again. :p Pushed out 3.5 miles with Coach Sean & soaked in hot tub.

It was a great day!!! PLUS, I lost another pound. The weight is just dropping off this week......which really helps elevate my mood. :D :D

Morning!
Melanie-glad you made it through your day yesterday! You are such an inspiration working out 2 times a day. Where do you find the energy????
Dh is about to leave for a short hunting trip...will be back tomorrow afternoon. So its just us girls. I will workout when Kara naps this morning. Haley is such a big help..I will even be able to shower !
Hope everyone slept well. Kara has been getting up more at night. She has been nursing like a banchi..maybe a growth spurt??? Shes been alseep now for a few hours and Im getting engorged. Im gonna count today how many times she nurses..Im just curious.
Waves to everyone..bbs

Melanie- I feel like such a slacker in comparison! But I do like that you told DH you didn't work out! That's something I would do! Hee hee.... Glad you had a good day overall. Way to go on dropping the pounds woman!!

Susan- How old is Kara now? It sounds like it could be a growth spurt.

Well I put James down at midnight and it is now 9 am and he is still sleeping. I've heard him stir a couple times but that's it. I got up and started cleaning up and doing things around 8 am cause I figured he would be up shortly after and now I wish I would've worked out. DH is here today so I plan on getting some sort of workout in, not sure what yet. We are having the coldest weather on record for FL. We have sleet and we may not get out of the 30's today which is nothing for some of you northern gals. Good day to stay in, work out and then put pjs back on!

Jen, I can't believe James slept so long!! DH must keep him really busy during the day. Clarification: I did not TELL DH that I hadn't worked out.....I just OMITTED that information when I had him watch the kids. See the difference? Not really a lie. :cool::cool: Thanks for the compliment! I want to fit into my clothes so bad!!! CONGRATS on your first week of work!!! YOU DID IT!!!

Susan, how old is Kara now? There is definitely a 12 week growing spurt....which is ironically when FMLA ends. :( I actually somehow squeak out another week on FMLA b/c they are giving me 3 "calander months". Yeah! Then I'm going to work just one day the first week, and two days/week for the next four weeks. This should help out tremendously. :D

Today the boys have a swimming party @ 1pm. If I workout it will be an evening workout. I think I will do Cardio & Weights. I feel like I need a little strength training. ha ha Did I SAY that? I NEVER say that! Must be sleep deprivation.

I've made $350 on eBay so far this month. I"m learning alot on presentation and such. It's kinda fun....but it looks like we live in a warehouse with all the boxes in my dining room.

Waves to all!

Hi!
Kelly Coffey kickboxing done..it was fun
Kara only napped for an hour..which morning is usually her long nap. Anyway..shes in my lap but I will try and post.
Kara was 12 weeks on MOnday..so I guess it just might be a growth spurt!

Melanie-swimming parties are so fun!Haley's last 2 b-day parties were swimming. Her bday is on the 31st..and she wants to go ice skating this year. Its awesome you are making money off ebay!!!! Have you tried anymore of your muffins??

Jen-go James go! Put Kara down at 10 she was up at 12:20.....she has reflux so I keep her upright for about 15 min or so...I fell asleep with her in my arms..she woke me up at 3..nursed again..then I put her down at 4 and she slept til nearly 8. I didnt go to bed til after 11..so I need a nap today! I cannot sleep late regardless of what time I go to bed...I am alwasy up before 6!

Does nursing effect blood sugar levels? SEems like I get the shakes a lot more often now. This morning, just an hour after I ate breakfast, I checked my bs and it was 70..I can always tell when its dropping...HATE that feeling! And I had a good breakfast of oatmeal with walnuts and 1t of brown sugar, 2 clementies.

poopy diaper calling...bbs

Melanie- This week wasnt so bad but I do cherish this weekend with my boys!

Susan- SOmetimes I get a dizzy feeling and I wondered the same thing. I'm not sure about the blood sugar levels.

Today was a great day with the family! We ran some errands and then I made Italian Sausage Soup tonight because it is sooo cold here in FL! (Don't laugh) We've been hanging out watching football and just playing with James. He's so darn cute!

Oh and I got in the full version of Butts and Guts today! I can tell my strength is coming back because I can do almost all of the reps. Yahoo!

Morning!
Jen-its 15 here this morning! For Arkansas that is cold! My dad lives in Bradeneton and he has been bunkered down for a week now!

What is up with Kara. Put her down at 10...she was asleep about 930...she gets up at 11:15, then at 1, then at 4. I managed to stay in bed til 7..yayy me..I needed it!

Haley and I watched Night at the Museum 2 last night..it was funny. Oh, and yesterday we went to WM and got Wii Fit Plus...she wanted to use her gift card she had. Anyway, its fun...not a workout...but fun...and Haley has a blast.
Dh should abe home late afternoon. Not sure what Haley, Kara and I will do today.
Not sure if I will workout either.
Morning waves to everyone!

Good AM.

Yesterday I didn't workout!! It was the first day in 20 that I didn't workout...so I guess I can't feel that bad. lol I did do ab workout though...but that didn't expel much energy.

I'm down another lb yesterday, I'm so pleased with that. :D

Workout today (subject to change) is Cardio & Weights. I might try to do Cardio Coach too...if I can get a second workout in. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.