September 09 Check in Weekend 19th/20th******

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Oh my goodness do I have DOMS!!! I knew yesterday after the workout that I would. My muscles were like jello....I haven't had soreness like this in a while. I am glad it is a good soreness! Mostly in my glutes and quads. But, the rest of the leg is crying a little too! What a workout..I am hoping I can lift my legs to do the scrambled cardio blast from drill max today and I will also do the weights and plates ab....

Ok, housecleaning on the agenda today too. Lauren has choir practice and Chris has a baseball game!

Be back later..

I'm so bummed. I'm sick and won't be working out today. I guess at best, I can just skip the leg workout this week, and start up on Monday with week #2.

I was up during the night with chills and aches so bad! Plus this sinus stuffiness/headache. I took my temp, it was low grade, 100.5.

The weird thing was by mistake they had given me off tonight from work. Or maybe it wasn't a mistake, maybe it was because I did the educational thing on Wednesday? Either way, I don't have to work tonight. God willing, I am better for tomorrow night. If not, i'll just tell them my symptoms and hopefully it will be an "excused" absence. It's hard to say if it's the flu or a sinus infection? *sigh*

My legs are sooooo sore, and my back, and hips.... Maybe I did DISC 3 in my sleep????

Oh and here's a real sign that I'm not well. My appetite has diminshed! I'm getting full on very little food. There's a bonus! LOL!...

Kathy: Oh I remember those leg DOMS now that you mention it! A little cardio maybe will loosen them up for you. Maybe do a good stretch too?

Hey Hottie: Was the book you were talking about called: Godless, How an Evangelistic Preacher Became America's Leading Aetheists. ? It came up on amazon when I had done a search for the book I'm reading, The Unlikely Disciple. Did you guys do DISC 3 last night? I'm so jealous and pissed off that I'm sick and can't!!!

And then I have these evil thoughts that I could do SOME of it. Slap me!!!!

Beth: OMG, look at those shoes (danskos)!! I love them!!! I do think some of my nurse friends have them, I just didn't know the names of them. They look very comfy and I like em! ... Thanks for posting the pic of Larry too!. he's cute!! Is he wearing the motocycle jacket in that picture??? Did he wear the whole suit last night??? ;) I think you need your OWN jacket and leather pants!!!. What do your boys think of the bike? Will you let them ride on it? (see that's the thing holding me back, I wouldn't want my boys on the back of a motorcycle...THAT scares the shit out of me!).

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh geesh. My body is icky. Better go lay down a bit....

Hey guys my internet has been on the fritz so I have no idea how long this will last but I did NOT do disc 3 last night because Joe and I got into an argument and then we "made up" by eating McDonalds at 1030p. So either cardio or STS legs or maybe both? How long would you guys wait in between. Ton of chores and more tutoring today...its a bit weird, with everyone done taking their first exams, I have a ton of requests and I can't actually help everyone (though I wouldn't mind the money)...

hope this posts!

Good morning, all!

Kathy, good on the DOMs -- makes me want to do that workout, even though I've not been fond of Cathe's leg work lately! I'm so silly. How was the baseball game last night? My boys both have their first soccer games today. Travis thinks he has strep throat, but wants to play anyway. He has no fever -- I think he just has a sore throat. I sure hope he can go to school on Monday because I have to get to work!

Chris, so sorry you are sick! With the soreness and loss of appetite, it sounds more like the flu than a sinus infection. Did you get paid for going to class on Wednesday? Excellent, if so! Don't worry about your workout -- you can just jump in again when you're better. I get so caught up with STS seeming like a whole system and you have to do the whole thing, as-is, but in reality, they are all terrific workouts on their own, and we shouldn't be afraid to mix and match some, you know?

The shoes are great -- well, I think so! My sister tried some and said they just wouldn't work for her feet, so maybe it depends on your feet. I really live in mine and feel funny going barefoot even.

That picture of Larry is old, so no, that's not the jacket. He will not take the kids on the motorcycle -- he told me just last night that someone asked him "when are you going to take the kids for a ride?" and he said he told the guy "if I take one of the kids on the bike and we get t-boned, Beth would never forgive me. I can't do that." and for that reason, we will not be going for a ride together. It's just crazy to take that chance, I think.

I think that is the book Hottie was trying to remember, though I didn't actually go check it.

Hottie! What are you thinking? It's make-up sex, not make-up junk food! :D I don't know what to tell you about the workouts -- I would just push it out a day and stick to the schedule that way, personally. Good luck with your internet!

I did a barre mish-mosh, which ended with a glute add-on that really fried my glutes! Remember in GS legs where it's hard to do that one stretch? I could not even stretch at all after this! I will have to stretch later......

Ok..... my day to bring snacks for one game, so I've got to cut up watermelon and wash grapes...... have a good day..... Chris, rest up and feel better!!

Hi ladies..

I made it through the Drill Max premix and the ab work...Barely!! HAHA Now it is shower time and then a little lunch followed by cleaning the bathrooms. Yuck!! At least I already vacuumed the house...

Beth: Good luck at your kids games..I hope he doesn't have Step Throat..I am sure he wouldn't want to play if he did. Chris' team didn't win last night...But, they should have won. The other team didn't do much. But, Chris' team was not focused at all and one inning they let 4 runs come in by over throwing it and stuff. They lost be 3 runs..Anyway, as long as they have fun...

Hottie: Glad you guys made up. I am not sure I would have enough energy to do both workouts on the same day. Good luck with it!!

Chris: Oh...Big hugs sent out to ya!! I hope you are feeling better soon..Good thing you are off tonight..Get some rest and chill out today!!

It's pretty sad when I'm TOTALLY jealous of your bathroom cleaning and vacuuming, Kathy! I am! I wish I could. Remind me of that next week, k???

I'm also very jealous of your workouts . ... I'm not a good patient at all.

Hottie: that damn internet! Hope it fixes for you, I get so irritated when ours is messed up. I'm a little bit relieved you didn't do DISC 3 , just because I don't feel so bad about missing it this week. I know you guys will do it today though. I wouldn't worry about adding in a cardio. I don't think the cardios are written in stone to do 3 times a week. In fact, if you ask Debbie/aka Fitnessfreak, she'll say the less cardio you do with weight work , the better. You made me LOL @ going to MickeyD's for making up! Hey, if it were me, I'd rather have McD's instead of sex too (okay, maybe not McD's, maybe Uno's or ice cream!!). So I getcha!!!

Beth: I did get paid for the class on Wednesday! And for the one next Wed too! Cool, huh? Yeah, you're right, STS doesn't HAVE to be effective to be done exactly as is. I'm sure if I skipped a workout or 2 it wouldn't effect my results hugely. Thanks for reminding me of that. With that said, though, I had BETTER be back to it on Monday. How long does the flu last? If I'm feeling ill at all tomorrow, I won't go into work either. they have a strict policy about not coming to work with the Flu. You'd think that's a given, but usually we are PUNISHED/WRITTEN UP if we call out too much, sick or not. And people come to work all hacking and sniffling and sick. BUT, they have this "Flu Policy" that if you have symptoms, you are to remain out for 7 days. I won't be able to talk to anyone until Monday though.... Good to hear Larry is adamant about not taking the kids on the bike!! Do they ask though? Mine would be going nuts! .... So where did you get your Danskos? Online? or what shoe store?..... Oh yes, I know that stretch you can't do after GS! Barre work is freakin nuts, isn't it??

Kathy: Hi-5's for getting DM premix done!! I think I remember that as being Long and TOUGH and relentless (isn't all of Cathe cardio, though? LOL!).

I'm alternating between periods of feeling "ok" and then feeling like I need to go crash, and the crash is coming on pretty quickly now... BBL!

Hi All!

been missing you all - hope everything is well .... Weekends are becoming my catching up days with the house and any school work...it's been a big adjustment to us all here but we are dealing with it the best we can. I am just focusing on the end goal:)

I'm sure I have missed tons on all the going on here but I'm hoping you all understand I am busy as heck and by the end of the day all I want to do is go to bed early to recharge.

Chris so sorry that you are feeling ill...hoping you get to feeling better soon. Jealous of others cleaning house? Yeah girl I hope you feel better soon

Hottie I agree w/ Beth it's make up sex not make up eating lol;) too cute...I can not even stomach Micky D's what w/ my IBS good god that would kill me and leave me in extreme pain for the entire night. As for internet woes ugh been there done that to the point when I have exams or homework to submit online I do it at the college....I can't rely on our internet as my daughter has had issues w/ her doing a tests while the modem goes red :mad:

Beth
sounds like your hubby got a motorcycle? Oh boy!
Barre work sounds like its going good for you ... I plan on ordering the P57's after payday next Friday--- I did some kettlebell work before the day started for us this week - ugh... I have no get up and go so early so I may go back to when I get home in the late afternoons or evenings to get my workouts in. I do miss my free time during the day but I have a planned focus and that's what I'm sticking to lol

Kathy wanna come over and clean for me?:p My house has been a total wreck and well the family just don't get that I can't do it all myself -le sigh-
Sounds like you are having a great time with your DOMs and workouts :)

Joanne hope everything is well with you and yours big Waves to you

Well its time for me to get off this laptop and get started on my stupid housework then back to finishing school work ( I'd rather do school work than housework :p ) --- my pointer finger looks awful with a nasty callus on the pad tip due to pencils and pens :eek:

Big hugs to all I'll try my best to log in when I can

picture.php

I hope this posts. WOWEEE! I can't tell if that was the best or worst leg workout I've ever done -- lol! What was really nice was that the 1RM calculations were near perfect for this. I never once ended an exercise without failure and getting in enough reps. I contemplated about doing the bonus part of the workout at the end which I had no idea about earlier...and then hear drills and went, nope! Do you guys all do it? Just curious. Joe hasn't done it yet so I don't have anything to report on his moaning.

Chris -- when you feel better you can come here and clean my home!! Actually, mom says she's prefers cleaning my home to hers. I don't nearly have as much crap and I'm better about doing a little every day so even when it gets to be big cleaning day, its not as bad to her at least.

Yeah, I think make up food is probably better than make up sex...I definitely get more ;) HA! I'm going to get smacked if he reads that one.

Beth -- I want a barre too....i don't need the shoes to be super sexy but I need them to not be sneakers...maybe like a business shoe for women? Like I used to have oxfords that had a high platforms which were great in HS and they weren't sexy per se but they weren't ugly either. Sigh...which pic are we talking about?

Kathy -- after doing that workout no I don't think I can do cardio!!

Vilma -- HI!!!! I hope everything has been going well for you at school! Have you been working out during the week with your school schedule?

please post....

Vilma! We miss you, too! So good to hear from you -- we know you're busy though. I haven't done kettlebells for a while since my shoulder/upper back needs tlc. Hope to eventually!

Hottie, yes, do the bonus work -- I loved the bonus work, and had also forgotten all about that! To me it just really seemed like part of the workout. I thought it was odd that she called in bonus.

The pictures were from a post I did late yesterday -- a link to danskos and a picture of Larry.

Chris, I think the first time you're buying danskos you probably want to get them at the store to make sure you have the right fit. I found that even two different shoes in the same size fit me differently for whatever reason.... so, I played around with different ones until I found a set that fit both feet nicely. I got my first pair at Nordstrom, if you have that. I have gotten subsequent pairs on line.... the fit is not always like a glove, but close enough I guess.

It is crazy that you get written up for too many sick days.... I mean, yes, there are probably people who abuse the system, but sheesh, the person managing ought to be able to sniff out those types, don't you think? I mean, if a person is a hard worker and they call in sick, they're probably sick. Our school principal was telling us that in her pandemic flu training that she went to, they predicted that if a really bad flu hits, 60% of the population will be out sick -- they predict some schools may have to close for two years, and what they are most worried about is 60% of police and firemen not being able to work. I guess they will probably not allow groups of kids to be out together, for crowd control fear. It all sounded pretty surreal.

I do not think Travis has strep throat -- I believe he has a sore throat, but he played a hard soccer game. Both games were great, but unfortunately both my boys' teams lost. Bummer. It was great fun watching them play -- seeing all the families out and about. I love our mountain soccer!

I forgot to tell you guys what I decided on S&H -- I'm waiting for now. Turns out Mary's every day price with her 10% off and free shipping is pretty comparable with Cathe's 30% off, so.... I can always get it later if I really want it. Whew, one rational purchasing decision made in this household this week!

Hi ladies..

Today is a rest/stretch day...I did segment 3 of stretch max and it felt wonderful. I needed it on those sore leg muscles! I also did yoga abs that is scheduled for tomorrow. MOnday's are busy. So, I thought I could get done today instead of squeezing it in tomorrow!

Ok, errands and some ironing this afternoon...

Talk to you later.

heheheh..major broken butt syndrome today but I'm ok since I can walk around. Since I took a rest day on Friday, I'm going to do cardio and abs today to catch up with the rotation. Not sure what to do as I don't have DM but will figure it out. It was pretty cute this morning. We had recently got some child gates from a friend so we had enough so that Evee could enter this one hallway but not the bedrooms. She was so used to being trained to not go into the one hallway that she would hang back unless invited in. This morning I hear her whining for attention so obediently at the gate, and she showered me with affection until she realized that her running partner was NOT getting up yet and then she could care less... :)

Hey Girls!

I really thought I could feel better today. Well, I shouldn't say I don't feel BETTER. The aches are less, fever is lower (99's). But my stomach feels like crap still and my head is so tired/dizzy still. I feel wiped out. Guess I have to make that call in to work. I hate doing it. We've been made to feel like shit for calling out sick for so many years, it's engrained in my head that it's a BAD thing to do. And then I have to call my supervisor tomorrow to 'defend my sick call'. Maybe even have to go into Health Service at work. THough why they'd want me sick with the Flu to be sitting in their waiting room and "sharing" my bugs is beyond me...

So yes, today is another rest day for me :eek:

Kathy: The stretch sounds good! I remember last week feeling REALLY good to get an extra stretch in. It's crazy how STS makes such wicked DOMS than any other workout, isn't it?

Vilma: !!! Hey you! Good to hear from ya! I can only imagine how busy your world is these days. I think I'd be more likely to do a workout AFTER I got home too. I'm just not an early am exerciser. Sounds like you're way into school now, that's cool. It is the PRIZE at the end of all this that matters, that you got right!! Keep your eye on the prize, Vilma!!

Hottie: I bet you'll be thinking of your leg workout again today!! :eek: So good to hear you got it done . I do agree with Beth, the leg "bonus" at the end is actually my favorite part of the leg workout. You'll get it again next week, so try it out!.....

Beth: Thanks for the info on the Danskos. I'll have to scope out around here where they sell them. I don't think we have a Nordstroms around here. It's Macy's. But I'm sure they have them too. ..... OMG, that is crazy about the Flu and the implications of people out of work. I never even thought about THOSE implications! :eek: VERY scary stuff, and very likely, which is crazier!! I hope it's not as bad as predicted and people are more likely to get flu shots. I HAVE to call for the boys tomorrow! I keep putting it off!.... Funny, Zach has been complaining of sore throat the past 2 days, with no other symptoms. Today, he lost his voice. There are weird bugs going around lately!!! ...... VERY good decision on S&H. Good job researching. Sounds like what i would have done. I get Amazon GC's from my credit card, so in the end, most of the time, it's cheaper for me to get Cathe stuff there than here with a discount.

YOU OWE ME A BEER, Hottie!

(okay the thought of that makes me stomach turn right now, so maybe next week???)

Ahhhh... the STS LEGS DOMS are here! Enjoy!

Evee sounds too dang cute!!!!!

Good morning and Happy Sunday! Kathy, good work getting the abs done today! Nice stretch!

Chris, sorry you aren't feeling better and that they are so awful at work about sick days -- that is just crazy!!! Well, we ended up bringing a (girl) friend home after Travis' soccer match. They played all day, she had dinner with us, and finally at about 8:30 I dropped them both off with her family to have a sleepover there. I am not sure how long mixed sex sleepovers should go on! The whole thing was even stranger in that they were desperate to watch Twilight together. I didn't really think that was appropriate, and I certainly wanted to ask the other mom first. When I asked her she said, "I have no idea what Twilight is." :) I described it to her and she did really know what it was, but obviously hasn't read them or anything -- she decided it was ok for them to watch. Dylan was very sad not to have anything happening playdate-wise.

Hottie, you don't have DM? I would not have predicted that -- certainly didn't remember that you don't have it. I have LowMax on my calendar for tomorrow -- written in when I thought I was doing STS. Maybe LM?

I did the yoga link shoulder shape up this morning -- I really like it! She has two others: one for hips and one for core -- I'm definitely trying those from netflix. Then I went for a half hour run. Didn't feel like doing a cardio coach, so I put on some music, then decided to shuffle, and of course some cc tracks came in, so I just ran with them. Well, for a while. The first was a ss, followed by a song, then there was a challenge with three one minute sprints, did those. More music. Then my ipod must have thought I wasn't working hard enough, because it was challenge after challenge after challenge. I FF through them all! Did some more steady state running, and then finally a Jillian Michaels podcast came on and I decided I'd had enough of that nonsense and came inside. :)

I'm feeling, I think, back to normal in my upper body and I so want to jump into STS, but I know I shouldn't. Maybe one more week?!

I have got to get some stuff done today. Yesterday with all that soccer I just never got much done. Have a good one!

Joanne, I keep meaning to ask you if in your post-insanity better cardio capacity state, do you have the urge to do a timed 5k to see if you could run it faster? I would want to! I thought about you while I was running this morning. I think I have had the opposite thing happening to me lately, and I'm really beginning to fear Cathe's shock cardio!

Ugh! No I don't have DM but its good that I don't. Just did LIS cardio which is probably all I can really do from Cathe for now cuz I'm so stiff and sore. Was hoping to tack on some more intense cardio but that's ok. I have to go to lab and then tutor for a good chunk of today (at least 4 hrs) so I'll probably wind down tonight with my pilates dvds to do my core work. I think I'm going to switch up my rotation so that I do STS Legs on Saturday and cardio on Friday. Who knows? Maybe my legs will feel better later today -- frankly, I thought all my chores would have warmed them up! Oh well!

Chris -- good to hear you're feeling better and that you'll hopefully join us back in tomorrow!

Beth -- Oh, I hate when that happens on my ipod! Mixed sex sleepovers? I think they were fine when the kids were really young but then after a certain age it was like a no no.

Ok, off to put some stuff in the laundry and shower!

I really REALLY want to start back in tomorrow!

In fact, I started to feel so much better this afternoon, I was feeling guilty for calling in sick (again!). But then, I just finished putting a basket of laundry away, and I got so dizzy and lightheaded and felt like barfing. Not good. I wouldn't have lasted at work. I had BETTER be ok for STS tomorrow though! Ugh!

Beth: That is too funny about your shuffle run and the CC's coming up!! How fun, and then NOT fun! But you had a good, different run, right?. A co-ed sleepover, huh? I guess I've thought about it, but wasn't really ever comfortable enough with it. Alex's BFF for a few years was a girl that lives down the street. She has 4 brothers, so it really wouldn't be a big deal. They wanted to do a sleepover once , and I just wasn't comfortable enough with it. He was probably around 8. Maybe because Jake and his BFF , Hannah (Alex's BFF's sister), got in trouble for kissing and showing each other their privates before! (and they were 6-ish!). .... Anyhow, it's all what you're ok with and what they're ok with. I'm not reallyl sure what Twilight is about, except for a love story about vampires ? Did they both like the movie?....... I understand about Dylan being sad. Alex was CRAZY all weekend because I was too sick to drive him anywhere and his friends in the neighborhood couldn't play. ..... You should probably wait ONE MORE WEEK for the shoulder. Just to make sure it's ok, Beth. Will this be the third week?

Hottie: I've decided to switch up STS sequence too. I'm going to do legs in the middle of the week. It's too much to do on Friday and have wicked DOMS all night at work Sat night. ... Legs ALWAYS gets ya! I read something from Cathe saying "epsom salt bath and stretching" and even 2 advils , twice a day, can help with DOMS too.

Well, if anything I got some good movie watching done this weekend. Saw "Say Anything", "Dirty Dancing" and "Bad News Bears (the re-made one with Billy Bob Thornton). Ha!

Greg went off to get take-out food. I thought I'd be ok with some noodles from Chinese, but this probably isn't going to work. He's going to kill me! LOL!

Hottie, I remember the cardio suggestions just seeming like pure evil after the legs on STS. I can't remember how I ever made it any better, or if I just slogged through it. Chris, I saw your thread about switching up the order -- I'm sure it's fine and if it's works better for you, it's great. I think I cannot jump back in just yet, as you say...... the original injury happened the last week in August, and then the relapse or whatever I started feeling the night of the 10th, so it's not even been two full weeks. I really ought to lay off longer..... just wishing!! I think you if you do workout tomorrow, Chris, it ought to be something really low key!!!

Yeah, the mixed-sex sleepover does seem strange..... I guess the only saving grace is that this girl is a complete tom-boy.... she's the one who in 2nd grade had to be told to stop using the boys bathroom. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out she's gay, but who knows.

I had a huge paperwork victory today..... I'm feeling so happy about that..... Larry's on a ride, the kids are watching a pirate movie.... I may just go watch Milk. Chris, we've been watching Dirty Dancing scenes on youtube lately -- I'm sure that movie will have a bit of a comeback at this point -- he was such a good dancer! Oh, and my friend told me we have to see that Bad News Bears re-make, but I had sort of forgotten about it -- thanks for the reminder!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.