September 09 Check in Tuesday 29th******

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today is an Imax day for me..I will be doing the original Imax. I am feeling a little sore from yesterday. A nice sore that I can manage. Thank goodness!

Not too much going on today. My sister is coming up today for work. The company she works for has their headquarters in Reston. Which is a couple of towns from here. About a 30 minute drive. We are going to meet her for dinner tonight. Looking forward to that!

Ok, now time to get those sleepyhead kids up to start there days and school lessons...

Be back later..

Oh and Chris...YEs, I did get the kids over to the track for that run. It went well. I did my mile to inspire them to do it. Then walked half a mile..

Good Morning, Kathy!

Good morning, everyone!

Trying to get the cobwebs out still. Tired from my crazy weekend of no sleep and headaches.

My plan today is a run at the park, but I'm going to do some type of Ab work before I go. I don't feel like Abs Circuit , so I'll find something when I get down there.

I'm starting to feel some tightness in my chest , shoulders and bi's from yesterday too..not TOO bad, ...yet...

Hottie: Glad to see you got your STS in yesterday!! Good for you!!!

Beth: Meant to comment on your twist on STS. I think it's a GREAT idea for you! that way you could cut down on some of the shoulder work, and then get a total body endurance later in the week. Interesting way to do it, I think ! You'll start next week?

127fs1601347.gif
to Joanne and Vilma!!!

Good morning! I'm soooooo tired! Woke up around 4:00. I feel like I'm one of those people who keeps staying up later and later until they just flip around to the next day, except I wake up earlier and earlier and earlier......

I did STS disc 6 this morning -- since I did the first legs last week, I decided to go ahead and do the second week legs. It's a good one!! I'm going to be sore, I can tell. Did the extended stretch after.

Chris, I think I will go ahead and do it as an all upper body next Sunday -- I'll try it, see how it goes. Funny enough, it's not the shoulder work that bothers me so much, but the chest work. Oh, and you know leg work when you're lying on your side and propped up, that didn't feel so great today. So, it's sort of random things. And as Kathryn likes to point out, Cathe has a lot of bicep work that's maybe somewhat excessive, so I may cut out some bicep. I have a feeling it might be kind of random! :) I'll let you know how it goes, of course!

I'll bet we talked about this, but I realized (again?) that the reason Cathe calls the end leg work "bonus" is just because the guys disappear. I think that's so lame. The guys hardly show up in the leg workouts, it seems -- they could have done without them on legs altogether, I think.

I'd better face the day! Kathy, have fun with your sister tonight -- nice that you can do that! Chris, hope you enjoyed abs and your run. Hello Hottie, Joanne, and Vilma!

Morning -- though it wasn't as I planned! I woke up a couple times in the night but I did fall back asleep but Joe does this thing where he puts the alarm on wayyyy too early and then hits snooze. Unfortunately (or maybe the point), the time in between snoozes is right under when I can actually fall asleep (Joe can fall back asleep in less than a second). Anyway, I counted him hitting the snooze 8x! So he can get his own butt into work while I do Imax2 (don't have the original and I'm NOT doing IM3 with the way my feet are feeling).

Kathy -- I wonder if we'll sync our workouts with the time difference. I know Reston, VA! But only because of Ebola Reston...

Chris -- have fun with the run! I've been debating about getting STS Abs only because I don't seem to do the scheduled ab work because I think Core Max is too hard for me and I don't have anything else that's really all that short that I like. How does it compare to CoreMax.

Beth -- I was sore only in my butt which was a lot better than being sore in my hammies...I didn't waddle like a penguin as much. The whole incorporating of guy thing to me in STS seemed misplaced actually. I understand the purpose -- broaden the audience to target new potential customers especially with P90x getting the "guys." But I feel like they're really not into it -- or it doesn't come across on the camera -- can exhibit bad form at times and frankly, there's one guy who's so muscular that he intimidates me and Joe. I'm not saying get rid of guys for her future DVDs...I'm saying get rid of THOSE guys. I think its super lame they can't do sculpting work either -- Joe realizes that some of the hardest resistance training doesn't need manly dumbbells or barbells but I guess its a marketing decision. Have you tried using the tower for your pushups? It helped me do more yesterday...and I finally could do some of those straddle pushups...for some reason, the way my hands have to grab the step really don't work but if I try to simulate on the tower, the grip allows me to do the motion...

yakkity yak...

Good morning!!

Hottie, wow, that's excessive snooze button use! :) STS Abs are all shorter than CoreMax, I think. All about 10 minutes. I think for the most part they're less intense.

Beth, that's a good idea to combine all the upper body STS work. I'm still not crazy about splits. I know, I used to get a kick out of the guys using itty bitty weights for the legs. Looks kind of silly. I guess they don't want to "bulk". ;)

Hi Chris! Have a fun run!

Kathy, nice that you get to see your sister.

Couldn't face Insanity today - did Amy's Kickbox Surge. Fun!! I needed a fun workout. I think I'll do either P57 or Squeeze tomorrow and then the next Insanity workout in the rotation the next day. I'm thinking I'll do them every three days or so. I have to say my cardio capacity is really improved and so is my ability to do push ups. Has to be from Insanity. I wish it was more fun, though!

Jameson finally went back to soccer practice yesterday. I took Ian with me so we could talk. He claims he's done all his homework and completed everything in Spanish. I asked if he gets his homework back from the teacher. Says I don't know. How don't you know?? I told him I was going to email his teacher and ask him to give Ian all his homework assignments so we can go over them and see what he's doing wrong. I have a feeling he's been getting them back and he throws them away. :( He did get really upset about the teacher calling me and the fact that his grade is low. So, at least that means he cares, I hope! It was nice, though, to spend some time with him. We went and got him some new jeans since everything is above his ankles from last year. Took him out for pizza and talked about school and stuff. The look on his face when I asked if he had a girlfriend or liked any girls was priceless! :)

OK...time to get some work done...

Joanne

Crazy morning! I ended up making french toast for all of the boys and did some cleaning, fed the chickens, and still made it to school early! Whew!

Hottie, yes, I could have done without the guys, but understand why she put them in. I still have not put up my tower. Frankly, at this point I wish I hadn't gotten it. I didn't realize the footprint would be so large. I'm going to see if we can rearrange the house and then put it up. But, I did do the pushups on the fluidity bar and that worked well -- though I might have mentioned, I stopped doing them altogether at some point when I started feeling twinges... Someday maybe I'll get back to regular pushups.....

Joanne, it sounds like you're on the right track with spanish -- maybe if you are on top if it & him, he'll do better now that he knows there was an issue.

Your plan for insanity sounds good -- I'm sure you're cardio capacity has improved! I think I need that! But I'm not buying it..... I know I'm not ready for shock cardio, but the act of doing it well get me ready for it. ;)

So Jameson has a clean bill of health? Travis says his throat is hurting worse again, and he's coughing more! Larry's at the dr. at this very moment, so we'll see if he actually has anything worth treating.....

Beth, yea, I'm hoping this makes Ian more conscientious about it. I took Jameson to the dr. yesterday for a follow-up and she said he sounds good. They'll do one more follow-up xray in about 10 days to make sure it is 100% cleared up and there were no underlying issues. Not quite sure what she meant by underlying issues, but I guess it's just a precaution. He said soccer was hard for him yesterday - he'll have to build up to all that running again. Hope Travis' clears up soon. I really do think this is going to be a nasty flu season.

Back to work...

Hey Again!

I ended up doing 2 ab sections from Kathy Smith Tummy Trimmers. One was Stability Ball and the second Bootcamp Abs. It was over 20 minutes together. I thought it was pretty good, Not as tough as Cathe's, but tough enough. Hottie...You might want to pick this one up to start with instead of going right for Abs Circuit. I'm SURE you can get it for cheap somewhere, less than $10. Abs Circuits are more like 15-20 minutes each. Some of the moves are very challenging. Forgetabout the Weights and Plates, well mostly just the plates...those are PAPER plate work and it's really tough. The Weigths part isn't as. Yoga Abs had the elevation move in it, most of the rest is "ok" Yoga moves. I can NOT do those elevations for crap. It hurts my wrists and fingers too much!

So then I went to the park for a very very nice run! :) It's 60's , sun and clouds and a little breeze. It was so nice! And I can smell "Fall". I ran & stretched for about 45 minutes total.

Beth: Good going on Legs today! I'm a little leary about tomorrow's leg work for me. It will be my FIRST STS Legs workout, and I haven't worked my legs in forEVER (last week I actually had DOMS after LIC in my lower body!). So it's going to hit me hard. And we're planning on going to this huge New England State Fair (The Big E) tomorrow with the boys, it's a TON of walking! :eek: :eek: .... Oh yes, I undertand on the chest work. I know planks KILL my shoulders too, esp side planks, so I know what you mean about the side lying leg work. .... Hope Jameson and Larry are ok! Does Larry have the sore throat/cough thing too?

Hottie: LOL @ 8 times on the snooze button! That is "excessive"!! ... I'm not the biggest fan of the guys in STS either. It kind of annoys me that their form is bad a LOT of the time. And I think it's because they're too muscular, and they just can't move that way. I do like looking at them sometimes, though... Kind of just there for "Eye Candy". ;)

Joanne: Kickbox Surge sounds good! Insanity sounds like a chore, but effective ! That's cool it has increased your cardio capacity! I hope Shock Cardio does that too. .... Sounds like you had a good talk with Ian. it's so hard to get boys to open up too. Does Spanish have help after school? That might be an option along with your help at home. I wish Zach would let me help him with his spanish stuff. I'd love to go over it again. I'd actually love to be able to speak better Spanish, for work. I sound so idiotic at times when I try to talk to Spanish-speaking patients. Especially when I'm trying to say things like, "Did you move your bowels today?". And the only word I know that is universal is "ca-ca". And apparently "ca-ca" in Spanish is like the slang for "shit". So I'm asking my patients if they took a shit today! Nice, huh? Ask Ian what the word is for "moving your bowels"...LOL!!!!

Oh I have a bunch of cooking to do today. An old friend of Zach's is in town this week (he hasn't seen him since he moved a few years ago!), and he wants him and another friend over for after school and supper. So I'm cooking for "da boys" tonight. Burgers and frozen french fries. And Zach really wants Deviled Eggs..... not sure if I have the oomph to make up a batch of those...

Well, this is why I dress like a bum... :) I had a great workout with IM2 -- it's amazing to me how I don't just wanna work out and if I give Cathe a couple minutes, she manages to trick me into doing the whole thing. I added on the Abs routine from Karen Voight's BLT but it sucked...too easy, too lame, too fast. Took a shower and saw that I had enough time to actually, well, look nice. EXCEPT that it took me over 30 minutes to find something that fit because most of the things were too big on me and trying to coordinate. I still have something on that's too big but I guess it really does mean I've lost weight. So, I got into lab 30 minutes late but I should be able to get everything done by the time I need to pick up Joe so it'll all work out. Tonight, I look forward to tutoring a girl in organic chemistry -- it's a little easier to deal with because she comes to my home so I'm a lot more relaxed since I had some time to chill.

Joanne -- I think its great that he cares. That's awesome about the girl thing. I would have assumed a chick too. :) That's great that Jameson is doing better!

Beth -- it does have a larger foot print that I thought initially (I thought she said we could fold it flat at one point but I guess that got thrown out), but I really do love it. Before I did disc7 last night I sort of thought about the smartest way for me to arrange the room for the workout and it seemed to work. I basically made a bunch of mini stations. I still have to pause because I can't move as quickly as Cathe's crew.

Chris -- you're making me hungry! How I wish I had a mommy to make me food on a regular basis! Man, the things we miss. We've been talking about what I should do after I leave this evil place and we've been debating if I should take a less time intensive job (nothing lower than 30hrs week) so I could take care of the house better or if I should go for the highest paying job and use the extra money to pay for help. The former appeals to me more! I like my cooking! :) thanks for the Ab dvd rec -- I'll certainly look for it!

Off to work!

Just popping in quickly to say HI!

I'm actually online doing some homework and just had to come over here briefly.

All is well as can be and I'm exhausted but that is life eh?

Big Hugs to all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.